Totem Force [Released!]

Fair enough. :bread:

2 Likes

Is it me or is luck LITERALLY THE BEST SUPER POWER EVER.

2 Likes

The writing is good, very nice even. Descriptions are well done and I can imagine the characterā€™s voices in my head as I read. Kudos.

However, I was looking forward to the deconstruction of the Power Rangers genre to come earlier. Since to be honest, the genre isnā€™t exactly a pioneer in storytelling and does not grab my attention for long. (Donā€™t get me wrong. I would have loved this as a child) At this point, Iā€™m in chapter three and have not seen much deconstruction, if any. I suppose I was expecting a more realistic take on what consequences there might actually be if one is suddenly gifted with superpowers by an artificial entity.

But I may have misunderstood. Is this supposed to be a straight old Power Rangers type of CoG? A Parody?

1 Like

Thanks for the compliment. :smile:

I would say that three chapters is a little early for the more deconstructive elements to have appeared, though. Also, I should note that Power Rangers arenā€™t the only source of inspiration, as Iā€™ve also used elements from more shoenen-esque anime as well. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

So weā€™re supposed to be Japanese?

1 Like

More like whatever nationality people are supposed to be in bad American dubs of anime. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

And the Japanese have a thing for for using blond or white haired pretty boys with light skin in much of their manga and anime, somehow. So it all works out, more or less.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Delinquents, most of the time when I see a blond haired boy in anime theyā€™re a foreigner whoā€™s an jerk. Otherwise a delinquent. Or super sayian.

Japanese people who think theyā€™re fluent in English but mess up expressing emotions and no one tells them?

2 Likes

Sammyā€™s blond, isnā€™t he? Which oneā€™s he? :thinking:

2 Likes

A delinquent, only they would play around with explosives like him :blush:

Mfw when my characters are named Natalya Tsvetnenko and Cassandra Attanoā€¦

1 Like

Does she have a flip sword?

Spirit animal are you romancing Lani?

Ah, well, in that regard, I do imagine my character Tonio Milano as being Italian in origin, but still born in AmericaDubbedJapanPlusBritishSpellingLand :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If itā€™s Japanese at least we get to keep American Football and Soccer :blush:

right? The British spelling didnā€™t take over that right? :worried:

Of course; it comes with the surname :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Now all she needs is her dead momā€™s stitched heart.

Iā€™ve romanced all the girls, why?

Does the country have a name, or just the city? I canā€™t remember :thinking:

1 Like

Maybe we can get fatherā€™s instead, mother seems to have disappeared.

Ah, we did the same thingā€¦ since weā€™re in AmericaDubbedJapanPlusBritishSpellingLand do we have to worry about dopplegangers?

I was wondering if you thought Lani was the best and if so was it because you get to be an ass to her to romance her (and break her arm)

2 Likes

Nah, I think weā€™re good.

Hmm:thinking:ā€¦ Sort of, tbh I found that the relationship with her wasā€¦ interesting, it had an interesting arrangement to it. Thatā€™s why I thought it was the best, not exclusively because you get to be an ass to her (though I wonā€™t say breaking her arm wasnā€™t a wish fulfilled :slight_smile:).

Spirit animal

2 Likes

So Totem Force takes place in America where everyone speaks Japanese and words are spelled in British English. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong.

Also is there literally any way for MC to die. Iā€™ve been trying, and still havenā€™t died.

2 Likes

No, but doppelgƤngers are a very serious threat. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No, it takes place in Japerica, where everyone speaks Bringlese. :innocent:

There are several, actually. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Try breaking into the robotā€™s gun and just smashing things.

7 Likes

I was just refusing to raise my hand and stuff, and the narrator mention a penguin. Is it true there is a penguin in the game? :open_mouth:

I also have a theory where the super power luck is really the MC consciousness transporting to the universe with the best outcome. I just want to know what you guys think of this.

1 Like