Totem Force [Big news and question in post 3037]

super-powers
nonbinary-inclusive
gender-choice

I know, but I like talking about Akira, so I jumped at the oppertunity ^^

Fair enough. :bread:

Is it me or is luck LITERALLY THE BEST SUPER POWER EVER.

The writing is good, very nice even. Descriptions are well done and I can imagine the character’s voices in my head as I read. Kudos.

However, I was looking forward to the deconstruction of the Power Rangers genre to come earlier. Since to be honest, the genre isn’t exactly a pioneer in storytelling and does not grab my attention for long. (Don’t get me wrong. I would have loved this as a child) At this point, I’m in chapter three and have not seen much deconstruction, if any. I suppose I was expecting a more realistic take on what consequences there might actually be if one is suddenly gifted with superpowers by an artificial entity.

But I may have misunderstood. Is this supposed to be a straight old Power Rangers type of CoG? A Parody?

Thanks for the compliment. :smile:

I would say that three chapters is a little early for the more deconstructive elements to have appeared, though. Also, I should note that Power Rangers aren’t the only source of inspiration, as I’ve also used elements from more shoenen-esque anime as well. :sweat_smile:

So we’re supposed to be Japanese?

More like whatever nationality people are supposed to be in bad American dubs of anime. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And the Japanese have a thing for for using blond or white haired pretty boys with light skin in much of their manga and anime, somehow. So it all works out, more or less.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Delinquents, most of the time when I see a blond haired boy in anime they’re a foreigner who’s an jerk. Otherwise a delinquent. Or super sayian.

Japanese people who think they’re fluent in English but mess up expressing emotions and no one tells them?

Sammy’s blond, isn’t he? Which one’s he? :thinking:

A delinquent, only they would play around with explosives like him :blush:

Mfw when my characters are named Natalya Tsvetnenko and Cassandra Attano…

Does she have a flip sword?

Spirit animal are you romancing Lani?

Ah, well, in that regard, I do imagine my character Tonio Milano as being Italian in origin, but still born in AmericaDubbedJapanPlusBritishSpellingLand :stuck_out_tongue:

If it’s Japanese at least we get to keep American Football and Soccer :blush:

right? The British spelling didn’t take over that right? :worried:

Of course; it comes with the surname :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. Now all she needs is her dead mom’s stitched heart.

I’ve romanced all the girls, why?

Does the country have a name, or just the city? I can’t remember :thinking:

Maybe we can get father’s instead, mother seems to have disappeared.

Ah, we did the same thing… since we’re in AmericaDubbedJapanPlusBritishSpellingLand do we have to worry about dopplegangers?

I was wondering if you thought Lani was the best and if so was it because you get to be an ass to her to romance her (and break her arm)

Nah, I think we’re good.

Hmm:thinking:… Sort of, tbh I found that the relationship with her was… interesting, it had an interesting arrangement to it. That’s why I thought it was the best, not exclusively because you get to be an ass to her (though I won’t say breaking her arm wasn’t a wish fulfilled :slight_smile:).

Spirit animal

So Totem Force takes place in America where everyone speaks Japanese and words are spelled in British English. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Also is there literally any way for MC to die. I’ve been trying, and still haven’t died.

No, but doppelgängers are a very serious threat. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No, it takes place in Japerica, where everyone speaks Bringlese. :innocent:

There are several, actually. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Try breaking into the robot’s gun and just smashing things.