Too Different - WIP - Updated: October 18th, 2018 (Werewolf chapter DONE)

science-fiction
nonbinary-inclusive
gender-choice

I really enjoyed this demo and I am definitely looking forward to Future updates.

Well, today is your lucky day, because I’ve got an update for you right now.

In all seriousness, though, the base of the Weres chapter is now complete. What do I mean when I say “base”? Well, because you can travel to each of the four species’ floors in any way you want (after the first one, which will always be your mother’s people), I need to add all of the background-specific love interests into every chapter after you meet them, and this will be infinitely easier if I already have everything written as if it is the first time you have been to each place. Then, I can go back and add scenes that will only occur if it is the second, third, or fourth place you are visiting after the base chapter is completed.

If it really bothers people, I can just take out your father’s affectionate nicknames. Would people prefer this? Please let me know if you have an opinion one way or the other.

I gotta admit, I was a little weirded out by it. If my dad called me sweetie even in a super genuine way, I’d be a little insulted.

I’m not particularly bothered by it, but yes, it does break the immersion just a little. I’ve been able to overlook it so far, though, so it is ultimately up to you whether to remove it or not. It’s not a big issue for me.

I prefer having them, actually!

Question: What Kind of werewolfs are we?

I think I’m going to keep them in, because the majority of responses have either been indifferent or supportive when I’ve asked people here and elsewhere. I’m also always game for a little challenging of typical masculinity and gender roles, lol.

I’m not sure what you’re asking, exactly, but I’ll do my best to satisfy your question. The simple answer is: you are the kind of werewolf that I made up. Which is to say, one that is half dog/wolf/canine/whatever all the time and has sharp claws and crazy inhuman senses, even though a lot of those things aren’t really standard werewolf fare.