Too Different Discussion Thread

I really enjoyed this demo and I am definitely looking forward to Future updates.

1 Like

Well, today is your lucky day, because Iā€™ve got an update for you right now.

In all seriousness, though, the base of the Weres chapter is now complete. What do I mean when I say ā€œbaseā€? Well, because you can travel to each of the four speciesā€™ floors in any way you want (after the first one, which will always be your motherā€™s people), I need to add all of the background-specific love interests into every chapter after you meet them, and this will be infinitely easier if I already have everything written as if it is the first time you have been to each place. Then, I can go back and add scenes that will only occur if it is the second, third, or fourth place you are visiting after the base chapter is completed.

4 Likes

If it really bothers people, I can just take out your fatherā€™s affectionate nicknames. Would people prefer this? Please let me know if you have an opinion one way or the other.

I gotta admit, I was a little weirded out by it. If my dad called me sweetie even in a super genuine way, Iā€™d be a little insulted.

1 Like

Iā€™m not particularly bothered by it, but yes, it does break the immersion just a little. Iā€™ve been able to overlook it so far, though, so it is ultimately up to you whether to remove it or not. Itā€™s not a big issue for me.

1 Like

I prefer having them, actually!

6 Likes

Question: What Kind of werewolfs are we?

1 Like

I think Iā€™m going to keep them in, because the majority of responses have either been indifferent or supportive when Iā€™ve asked people here and elsewhere. Iā€™m also always game for a little challenging of typical masculinity and gender roles, lol.

Iā€™m not sure what youā€™re asking, exactly, but Iā€™ll do my best to satisfy your question. The simple answer is: you are the kind of werewolf that I made up. Which is to say, one that is half dog/wolf/canine/whatever all the time and has sharp claws and crazy inhuman senses, even though a lot of those things arenā€™t really standard werewolf fare.

8 Likes

I decided to do the mummy chapter next, if only because no one seems to have any preference for the order in which I complete the parts. This includes a minor story update, as well as a few additions to the quick-start feature, mainly just to give you the option of starting at the mummy chapter right away if you want to only play the new content.

4 Likes

Well would you look at that ā€“ Iā€™m not dead after all! I apologize for any delays, but the holiday season has been very busy for me. As my (very, very) late gift to you, I bring a ton of new content for the Mummy chapter, including some relationship-boosting scenes.

Please let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or comments! Thank you! (:

14 Likes

I have read you work to me you did good job canā€™t wait see what you planing

1 Like

Thank you kindly!

I love it canā€™t wait for more itā€™s interesting

1 Like

Thank you very much! Hopefully, you wonā€™t need to wait very long, because I am planning to update this steadily, lol.

There seems to be a problem with the ā€˜stay in the villageā€™ option:

1 Like

Fixed! Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

I played as a Were (mentioning it just in case) and during hunting, all three question choices were broken:
2019-01-30%2006_29_37-Too%20Different
2019-01-30%2006_27_11-Too%20Different
2019-01-30%2006_30_22-Too%20Different

Also, I did the ā€˜stay in the villageā€™ path before going hunting, but when I came back, I was still given the option to ā€˜stay in the villageā€™.

Finally, for the quick-start option at the start: thereā€™s no option to choose a custom name and surname. You should definitely add that.

1 Like

Thatā€™sā€¦ really bizarre. Iā€™m not entirely sure what the problem is, here, because none of those choices *goto that *label and the ones that do itā€™s spelled exactly the same as in the error message. Were you playing the quick-start option or the normal mode? The only thing I can think of is that it might be something weird with the quick-start option, just because the game isnā€™t really being written with this in mind so that may mess something up.

Yeah, I know. I figured it wouldnā€™t be that important to people that just wanted to get to the new content as fast as possible, but I can put it in on the next update.

Then that mustā€™ve been it because I was playing with the quick-start option. It would probably be a good idea to leave a disclaimer for that though. Cuz like you said, most people will choose quick-start to get to new content and that may result in some options being broken.

1 Like

There actually is already a disclaimer. Also, I (sort of?) figured out what the problem was: for some reason, dashingdon isnā€™t showing the latest update, so I can only conclude that this is somehow part of the problem. Iā€™m also not entirely positive what the ā€œbad labelā€ error you were getting is about, either, because even in the previous update that label exists and is spelled the same.

1 Like