You are the child of a human father and a mother from one of four interdimensional species. As the story progresses, you will travel to the unique living quarters of each people, learn about their culture and history, and make your own conclusions about what you discover. Along the way, you will meet new people, both human and nonhuman. Will you hold on to your humanity, or embrace your other, more warped, side? Or maybe you are just Too Different…
- Play as trans, female, male, or non-binary.
- Choose the origin of your mother from four familiar species.
- Romance a childhood frenemy, quiet classmate, sassy A.I. helper, creepy priest, human-obsessed romance novelist, slam poet, or hacker.
- Discover the dark secrets behind W.A.R.P. and your birth.
W.A.R.P.: The World Authority of Rare Phenomena. Your father works for them. Everybody, including you and your father, lives underground in an unfathomably massive structure. Each of the Warped species have their own floors.
The Warped: Anything that came through the Warp. Non-humans.
The Warp: The name for the strange hole that appeared in your father’s room years ago.
"Waxies": Unofficial term for Warped species. They look similar to humans, anatomy-wise, but have a natural precognitive ability. Also have a lifespan equaling thousands of human years, but after about two hundred or so their flesh dries until they are unable to move at all, though they still technically live. Basically mummies.
"Weaks": The Warped’s term for humans.
"Weres": Canine-people. Very social. Basically werewolves. Also, before someone inevitably replies to say “um, actually, ‘were’ in Middle English meant ‘man’” I just chose it because it fits with the “W” theme.
"Wanderers": Pale, fanged. Must ingest blood. Heliophobic. Increased longevity. Basically vampires.
"Wispies": Transparent. Capable of levitation and technomanipulation. Natural empaths. Basically ghosts.
- Added a bunch of definitions to the compendium.
- Continued with the birthday party.
- Introduced Emil and Yelena to the protagonist.
- Added the protagonist’s uncle and cousin to the relationships page.
- Expanded the definitions on the relationships page.
- Fixed some spelling mistakes.
- Introduced a new character.
- MC is all grown up, now!
- The plot actually starts!
- Beginning of the Were storyline.
- If the MC is half-Were, then they will meet their extended family.
- A small update.
- Added reputation systems for all four species and W.A.R.P.
- Added section in stats menu to view your reputations.
- Breakfast with the Weres.
Word count (including code):
First part - 16,166
Were’s part (in progress) - 6,988
Total - 23,154