Too Different Discussion Thread

I will read it again, and try to duplicate my choices. Will let you know.

1 Like

Hi again, I just read through again, I misread the meaning of some words as I was tired, looking forward to seeing more.

1 Like

Oh, all right! I’m glad the issue is resolved (:

Hey! I just wanted to let the world know that there is a new update out. The first half of the first say for half-Wispy MCs has been completed. Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you find any bugs, typos, or just want to comment on anything! (:

EDIT: The chapter is now accessible (or at least it should be, lol) from both the quick-start menu and the normal introduction if the MC is half Wispy. Also, I added a few surveillance logs from IAH’s snooping to the compendium that will be unlocked as you complete chapters.

13 Likes

getting this with my wispy character?

1 Like

I fixed it! I accidentally used *goto instead of *goto_scene, but it should work properly now! (:

EDIT: I also updated the quick-start menu to include the Wispies chapter, but there is only content for half-Wispy MCs at the moment so keep that in mind.

4 Likes

New update for you, today! The first half of the first day is complete for half-Wispy MCs, now! (:

EDIT: Annnnnnd now it’s complete for everyone!

12 Likes

New update! This time, it’s the entirety of the first day of the Wispy chapter for all MCs. I also went back into the compendium and added a few things that I had forgotten previously. (:

P.S. We hit 100,000 words, woo!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that half-Wispy MCs will meet the Wispy-exclusive RO character, Larua, in this update. She’s an anti-establishment, kind of punky, hacker.

13 Likes

“Lyudi” as a surname is a little bit strange. It straight up translates to “People” in Russian. Not sure how concerned you are about that =P

2 Likes

And “Dikaya” means “Wild”, which I guess could spoil her personality a little?

Sorry for bringing this stuff up, I guess it sort of drags me out of the immersion, being a fluent Russian speaker, lol.

2 Likes

I might be more concerned about it if it weren’t intentional. (;

You don’t have to apologize for bringing this up! I am a huge fan of wordplay, and also a bit of a Russian/Soviet literature nerd, so I followed in the grand Russian tradition of making near everyone’s name a pun. (:

EDIT: Also, if anyone is wondering why I went with pseudo-kind-of-sort-of-not-really Russian: Too Different shares a lot of themes with the classic проклятые вопросы (“accursed questions”) of Russian literature.

Things like:

• What is the essence of humanity and where does it come from?
  • What will people do in the absence of a higher, overarching moral code (this was usually about God and religion but that is too high-brow for Hosted Games, lol)?
  • How do people overcome their baser instincts, or if this is even possible.

EDIT 2, THE SON OF EDIT: The entire base chapter for the Wispies is complete!

5 Likes

Sorry to ask but does Cis means that if someone was born male and identifies as a man. They’re cis? I’m not really informed with gender pronounce or that sort of stuff :frowning:

3 Likes

Yes, or born female and identifies as a woman.

2 Likes

Woah, as Russian myself, I’m really looking forward to the game and exploring its atmosphere and plot! And can I just emphasize how cool is the fact that one of the surnames is Zamorskiy? Absolutely in love with self-explanatory surnames!

1 Like

Taylor_Enean answered this question already, but I just wanted to say that you should never feel ashamed about asking things if you don’t know about them. How else would anyone learn? (:

Thank you so much! (:

EDIT: A small mechanics update, today. I’ve fixed the level-selection system so it will actually lock you out of parts you’ve already done like it is supposed to.

Also, for some reason randomtest suddenly started going into an infinite loop. It appears to be happening with half-Were MCs, but it reaches the end/elevator scene options just fine in both the randomtest “show choices used” toggle and during my own playtests, so I can’t figure out where the loop is! If anyone notices anything either in the code or during a play-through, please let me know – it would really help me out! (:

4 Likes

New update, today!

It includes:

• Larua romance/friendship/whatever interaction in Waxies chapter.
  • Larua is added to the compendium after you meet her.
  • The very beginning of the Wanderer’s chapter.
13 Likes

I have another new update for everyone!

The first night of the Wanderer’s chapter is now complete for all player backgrounds.

10 Likes

New update, today!

The first day of the Wanderer’s chapter (including all friend/romance/whatever interactions) is complete for all player backgrounds!

14 Likes

Hey, there seems to be an error in the Waxies chapter when spending time with Larua:

Untitled

1 Like

The half ghost option is my preference here, so I did that one first.

So hacker ghost girl followed me to the land of the Mummies, but no mention of her in the land of the werewolves.

1 Like