Tokyo Wizard (CLOSED, SUBMITTED)

Woot woot~ +1 for Onmyoji~

2 Likes

@adrao how to end up romancing the friend I meet up with, they always get killed or never mentioned again

Some bugs/typos I found:
If you start with a best friend, their name don’t show up in the relationship bar.

I didn’t pick up my familiar’s body but when I met the kappa & resurrected it, the body was there.

The creature then something completely unexpected, and produces a very deep Japanese-style bow, solemnly expressing it’s gratitude to you. - its

This might have worked in my favour, as otherwise I might have had to fight it. I leave the area and bury true somewhere else - bury the pet

Moments later your ours studying last night are rewarded as the skeleton, still dressed in full samurai armour, stands up in front of you. - ours is not needed

They are even more shocked to see you take your want out - wand

there is a nice sushi restaurant in Shinjuku that you both life - like

"Sure, sounds like I good idea. I will learn Vampiric Water Elemental Absorption - a good idea

I wondered about this. I wasn’t trying to romance them (I was still pining for Akira), but it would have made more sense for Arcanus to kidnap them over the friend I had barely interacted with.

@nocturne thanks for all those typos and bugs, just corrected them all

Regarding your friend… basically you you cant use any magic on them or piss them off -i.e. need a relationship standing of more than 50%-, and you have to date with them 2 times before you can try to kiss them, which should happen just after you can learn Levitate/Fly/Strength/Giant Strength. Akira -he seems very popular…- theoretically goes travelling around Asia after he breaks up with the MC, so A. cant reach him, so instead he goes for whatever other friend he can… and essentially will assassinate the MC’s friend. This is explained in certain paths of the game, when the police turns up to interrogate the MC, but is “forgotten” if the player flees to Kamakura (basically relationship would be too weak for MC to care?). But yes, basically if the MC romances a friend this will inevitably lead to him or her being killed… its a bit dark, though the theme of the competition was “poisonous romance”, so the game up to the point when the MC flees to kamakura is rather dark…

Let me know how you feel about this… I’m about to submit the game (incorporating these comments and some others that I got recently, but was hoping to send it by the end of the week) but can still change things if you feel this is unsatisfactory (I to listen…)

2 Likes

They were traveling abroad, so Arcanus can’t kidnap them. Though I agree it would make more impact to kidnap them instead.

@adrao It would be nice to have an option where the MC can end the game in a romance with the friend and not have them inevitably killed. Maybe make it if the MC is a skilled enough magic user, they can prevent the friend from being murdered? But the friend can still get killed if MC is not capable enough.

2 Likes

I was actually talking about kidnapping the friend/secondary lover (not the primary lover/Akira), as opposed to the other friend.

I do agree though, that generally I prefer games that don’t lead to dead boyfriends. Had it been Akira, I would have been very vocal on the subject, and it would probably be hypocritical of me not to stand up for a dead boyfriend (even though he wasn’t mine) at this point. Admittedly, it may be a little late to change this, but those are my feelings on the matter.

2 Likes

Haven’t played this in a while, but just wanted to add that I found cleaning out the pond very satisfying. Starts off dirty and full of rubbish but through your efforts it becomes clear both physically and spiritually, and people even help out.

1 Like

hhaaa… no more dead boyfriend for you to handle, right? :joy: or else, it will leave you traumatized. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

We have necromancy, what does it matter? :skull_crossbones: :cupid:

2 Likes

if we use necromancy… wouldn’t he be an undead? (im not sure undead is romanceable in bed i mean in daily life activity :blush:). though it will be different if we will be able to use the same ressurection spell just like with our pet :grin:. still i prefer not to hear about Akira’s Dead by Arcanus hand :sob:

1 Like

Don’t worry, Akira is fine; it’s the replacement boyfriend that neither of us bothered with who’s dead.

4 Likes

Right, that is why we didn’t make a fuss about it :joy:

3 Likes

Ooh, ooh, can I kill him? I want another ghoul minion.

It’s a shame our spirit friend hates necromancy… More minions for me!

3 Likes

@nocturne @ParrotWatcher I’ve been thinking of a way to do this but it’s not easy at all. It would involve rewriting major parts of the story, debugging etc… and I just realised that I don’t have the mental energy for it. Originally I had intended to create a scene to find/avenge the lost friend, but now that the game is complete I have no idea where to put it… mmmmm

1 Like

if you could not put it here, you still can put it at the sequel :innocent: (after Highway Marshal that is).

1 Like

I think it would probably involve a heap more writing adrao, you’d probably needed to write a whole new story arc for if you do save the friend before the battle. I’m ok with how it is at the moment. (And mabey if you’re that way inclined you can indulge in a spot of necromancy in the sequel if you really want them back, for their own good of course :innocent:)

3 Likes

OK, I think I have an idea about how that can be integrated into the sequel… but for the time being will leave it as it is!

Anyway, I just submitted the game today, so I guess that I will be taking the game down from dashington shortly…

6 Likes

Cool !! oh right, i’ll work on Tokyo Wizard Fanart in november (quite busy atm :tired_face:)

1 Like

Ahm is this thing done??

1 Like

@Karl621 Yes (20 characters )

2 Likes