Tokyo Wizard (CLOSED, SUBMITTED)

Could we turn Arcanus’ elemental against him? (I know it’s not exactly “pacifist” to get someone else to fight for you…) Or somehow strip him of his powers? (Okay, that’s a real long shot…)

or is it possible to get arcanus allies to betrayed him by talking to them bout how wrong arcanus is ?
but that just like what @ParrotWatcher said : [quote=“ParrotWatcher, post:81, topic:20294”]
it’s not exactly “pacifist” to get someone else to fight for you
[/quote]

but, it will be nonsense if arcanus will cease the fight after MC talk him down (coz Arcanus is supposed to be bad (hypocryte/stubborn/evil/etc).
hmm… i’ll think about the other possibilities for now. :thinking:

After looking at their descriptions, I’m not sure they’ll agree with you on this. Or if they even can, for that matter…

but it’ll be possible if they had experience what we’ve been through (our dear familiar getting killed etc) but… it’ll be pointless coz that mean we manipulate other people to do our “duty”. so i don’t recommend to apply this option :grin:

oh, is it possible to trick arcanus to killed himself… or maybe he trip himself to die… okay forget the latter option, its not even funny for villain so almigthy to be died coz of a trip :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Or maybe we could drop a pillar on him!

lol
though if i remember correctly, Arcanus is immune to any harm but magic. and drop a pillar on him is basically we kill him with our own hand. so its not really “pacifist”

2 Likes

Just got caught in the moment when you mentioned lame boss kills.

It happened somewhere else, lots of people complained on it.
And then it became a running gag.

Edit: I just realised our familiar can be…

Oh my little pet friend! Tears of joy

You’re back!

1 Like

now you make me curious where did that happened :smirk:[quote=“UmbraLamia, post:87, topic:20294”]
Oh my little pet friend! Tears of joy

You’re back!
[/quote]

just want to know, how did you do it (that “pet” word with correction line in between) :astonished:

and now… i just realized its hard to come up with something that didn’t involved fighting at the end :grimacing:

It’s a strike through, done with < s > word here < /s >, like bold and italics.

Edit: Back on topic! Some Bugs, probably.

Apparently, some people are still shacking their heads, bodies and such.
And I remember one instance where Bella was referred to as a “he”.

Might be wrong, didn’t have a good look at it.

1 Like

@UmbraLamia

I didn’t quite understand your last two sentences… You mean you found a couple of bugs?

1 Like

hei @adrao …just to let you know im still working with Tokyo Wizard Fanart (still just random doodle though :sweat_smile:) the progress is really slow coz i just work on it when i get the mood (oops) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: hope this will encourage you more with your works here :grin:

4 Likes

Thanks! They look really nice, and is great to know you enjoyed the game to the point of making this art! (it does provide me with motivation to power on, somehow last week I’ve been slowing down, probably due to writing/coding fatigue, the game is now almost 150,000 words long and there is an exhaustion element creeping in)

But basically I’ve made a lot of progress with the Necromancy chapter, which I think is finished (though it probably will need some fine-tuning). I started re-reading it last night, and my hope was to post within this week, though I then go distracted by starting to work on the achievements and other stuff to do with my daytime job… anyway let’s see if I can somehow squeeze more work on it today and get it uploaded in the evening!

4 Likes

@Curious_Boy Thanks indeed, your art really gave me some energy to get the necromancy chapter finished!

Basically I’m feeling pretty tired now, though I guess the game is almost complete! On Thursday or Friday I’ll add the ending for Akira and a couple of other bits and pieces, and work more on the achievements (any suggestions are welcome! There are now around 40 of them, but I’m aware many obvious ones are still missing… I just don’t have the energy to work on it now, yet I wanted to get this final path out).

So, please let me know what you think of the necromancy path. It’s also rather dark, I think… I’m sure there are many bugs in there (despite having tested it a few times, and I’m not 100% sure it works as expected, though it is stable and gives no problem on the random testers)

Have fun!

4 Likes

please don’t push yourself too hard :grin:

and i’ll try to finished the fanart this week (if possible that is) :triumph:

EDIT : i’ll check the Necromancy path later.

1 Like

Seems like almost everybody here can draw :disappointed_relieved:

And @adrao, like @Curious_Boy said, rest!

3 Likes

How do we trigger the Necromancy path? Telling Yuki that I tricked her didn’t work.

1 Like

Right after Mr Mentor forces you to kill your animal friend, run away. This should trigger it.

2 Likes

there are basically two ways: 1. Completely ignore or kick car/Yuki, in which case the game should automatically force you to this path (ie failing to meet Yuki will force you on this path) 2. Go to Yokohama and pick up (ie don’t destroy) the Necromancy book, in case you’ve already met Yuki. There should be other combinations of these…

Do you feel this path is too difficult to find? (There could be bug somewhere?)

2 Likes

By the way, is it possible to ask the old shopkeeper about magic at all?
I assume it’s based on language stat, but can’t seem to find a combination that fits.

2 Likes

I’m not home now so cannot check exactly, but it is solely based in Japanese language ability, I think you need 30 or 40+ but can’t remember for sure. Obviously not so easy to have it by that point, though in the best of cases you only get a light spell out of it having studied Japanese when you first arrive should help, though let me know if you still can’t get it and I’ll check if there is a bug…

2 Likes