Tokyo Wizard Post-Release Discussion Thread (v.1.1.2. 165,000 words submitted to CoG 6th March 2024)

It would’ve been cool to see a writer option, for a job. Like we are writing a novel that takes place in Japan, and we wanted to be accurate as hell, so we flat out moved there to work. Something closer to my real life self.

2 Likes

Then perhaps we could have an option for Adrao as Mc’s name.:joy:

1 Like

@ArchangelVoldemort… sounds interesting, I’ll implement that in the next update! (adds a bit more to the roleplay options, right?)

@UmbraLamia who says that my name isn’t in there somewhere? (my real life name, that is!) :wink:

3 Likes

Awesome! Thank you, you’re right. For me, at least, anyways. In reality, I’m an aspiring writer (currently working on a horror novel to go up on Wattpad, good place to start), and I recently moved to America.

Well, kind of recently. I’m still adjusting. We don’t have alot of the same issues, in Australia. :joy:

1 Like

Any chance we will get this in the chrome store or on Steam? My phone is too small a screen for me to enjoy reading these stories. I really liked the demon on my computer and would love to purchase it, but I won’t if I can’t get it in a medium that is palatable to me.

1 Like

If you don’t mind playing on this website, but want to purchase the game somewhere else, there’s a solution. But you’d have to buy it on your phone first, though.

1 Like

I just realised yesterday - Is the statue that Arcanus makes you destroy of the Denon that appears in the epilogue?

1 Like

@Blattella No, it wasn’t supposed to be (just a generic statue… though it would have been an interesting thought to make it like that… mmmmm… do I dare change that aspect of the game now?)

@h82xs It probably won’t make it on steam, sorry (not my decision, they only send the very best games, and while TW is doing ok, it is not one of the top sellers either… I guess its a bit more “niche” than other games, given its setting in modern day Tokyo)

1 Like

New update is up on google play (normally it takes a bit longer on the other platforms). Thanks to everybody who submitted reports of bugs, typos, and poor grammar (I was also re-reading it myself, and I was shocked to find many sentences that were rather poor. Anyway, hopefully the new version should be slightly more polished…)

Below is a list of the changes… you can now play as a writer or former member of the military!

V1.0.2.
-Grammar improvements throughout
-Many bug fixes
-Tweaks to final combat (protection offered by fire jacket and fire immunity spell upgraded)
-Added a note during final combat to inform the player when active protection spells cease to operate
-Extra choices and options (possibility to study Japanese or read a book while on the train, extra dialogue options in some places)
-Added the possibility of playing as a member of the military or a writer

6 Likes

How do I access the military option? I see the other changes fine. Playing on Android.

1 Like

I can’t check on android as I have an iphone (not updated yet). However, in the files that I updated I can clearly see the option, almost at the start. The option reads like this:

Actually, like all foreigners here, you came for a reason. What was that reason?

-“I was sent here as a member of the military of another country”

Let me know if you can’t find it…

1 Like

I’ve updated the game and even uninstalled and reinstalled. Selected every difficulty and every amount of years there.

That is… odd…

I’m looking at the game with the files that were sent to me by CoGs, and it clearly shows. So, I wonder if there is a problem with the files that were uploaded… can you see other changes? Does anybody else have this problem?

2 Likes

Actually, no. I can’t see the option to read on the train either. I’ve reinstalled multiple times.

It’s not working for me on the website either. Not sure if thats updated yet.

Ok, let me ask CoGs…

1 Like

The play store does say it is updated.

And alright awesome! :slight_smile:
Really looking forward to play with these new options!!! :smiley:

Just sent an email to ask CoGs if they know what has happened… the official website is also still showing the old version. Anyway, please leave it with me…

2 Likes

I can’t play as myself! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :smiley: Hope all gets resolved.

2 Likes

Just checked, it’s not just a bug at @CowboyHooah’s end. Updated and don’t have that option either for android.

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ve sent an email to Rachel, so hopefully it will all get resolved soon…

1 Like