To the Whistling Winds (WIP) [UPDATED 09/18/2020]

I’m thinking about tweaking the personality stats system a bit. I’m thinking of changing it to:

• Idealistic/Pragmatic (this would be merged with Emotional/Logical)
  • Amiable/Aloof (this one would stay unchanged.)
  • Introverted/Extroverted
  • Motivated/Nonchalant (this would be Enthusiastic/Disillusioned but with a clearer label. Basically, Ambition.)

If I went through with it, I’d have to update all the current chapters in the demo and change the way some stats are weighed. I’m curious to hear your thoughts about this possible change: do you think there’s some major stat I’m missing? Do you like this change or are you against it? Do you think there’s a better way to phrase them?

Please let me know your thoughts! I’d really appreciate some feedback.

15 Likes

I’ve enjoyed this so far!

Re: your question about the stats… I’ll have to play through again before I can REALLY have an opinion on if the stats are missing something. The first time around, I didnt even look at the stats! But my initial thought would be that those changes seem fine. I think the motivated/nonchalant change will be useful for clarity. If you’re talking about ambition, maybe free-spirited would be better than nonchalant?

2 Likes

Ooh, thanks! Those are some good suggestions. I feel like most of the mechanics relating to stat would stay the same - I’m largely going to be altering syntax. :smiley:

1 Like

So I haven’t touched Procreate or my iPad in a while, but I’ve actually really been enjoying drawing the ROs after a day of writing. It’s a pretty relaxing way to spend an hour or so, and it’s really fun to capture them visually too!

Chapter is currently around 7k words, and I did end up doing a stats overhaul. I’m really excited for this chapter to be published and to be read by you guys! Until then, take some art:

Ernest:

Mars:

43 Likes

:clap:

2 Likes

Your art has improved by a lot! This is amazing.

1 Like

I thought these and the others before are all nicely done and these just different style type from style of the ones in first post. Thanks for showing to us.

1 Like

The arts look amazing :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks, guys! :smiley: Appreciate your kind words.

I post art and other fun stuff more regularly on my tumblr, so be sure to check that out if you want to see more!

10 Likes

@bubblesodatea
I started your demo, and even though I probably don’t have enough time to finish it today, I just wanted to mention that when I read this:

I visibly smiled. You’ve got a talent with words, this was the most amazing sentence I’ve read all week. :smile:

7 Likes

Aww, thanks, that’s high praise! :smiley: Hope you like your play through!

5 Likes

Update coming Friday 9/18 (PST)! Chapter 4 is a big one - 25k words! I can’t wait to share it with y’all. :partying_face:

37 Likes

this wip deserves so much hype - i’m in love !!! can’t wait to read that update xx

also !!! filipino character omg filipino character !!! the rep is strong in this one !

3 Likes

Wow – great news … especially since I thought school was going to derail you for a bit. lol

2 Likes

@ielle
Ahh! I’m so happy you like my game, and I really hope you do like the update!
Hehe, AAPI pride! :smiley:

@Eiwynn
LOL I actually finished this chapter before school started! Just waited until now to post it, since I knew I’d be busier.

5 Likes

09.18.20 Update!

Hi everyone! Happy September. :slight_smile: I bring a completed Chapter 4, which contains a change of scene, some questions answered, even more unanswered, and finally meeting ALL THE ROs !

The size of the chapter is 25k+ words, which makes the game 66k+ words in total.

Update includes:

• Chapter 4 - 25391 words
  • Personality stats overhaul
  • Bug fixes, spacing errors, grammar stuff
  • “Rumors around Chester” page now functional and updates as you play.

Links

What I’m looking for in terms of feedback:

• Spelling errors, bug fixes, grammar improvement
  • Thoughts on the characters and choices
  • Feedback on my writing style
  • Pacing
  • Anything else you feel like bringing up! I’d love to hear from you.

As always, thank you to @ipsolun and @imvietnamesenotchinese for beta reading for me! <3

40 Likes

Yaaay
:heart:

1 Like

I think Mars’s name repeats too often in ch2 when she’s introduced. It’s awkward to read when almost every sentence has ‘Mars’ in it.
Ch4 had some typos which I intended to send screenshots of but realised I forgot to take them :expressionless: (sorry) hopefully other people can help with that. Wasn’t anything horrible just some word repetition, spelling and ‘an’ instead of ‘a’; it didn’t take away from the reading experience.

Also I love Ernest now.

1 Like

And here I was imagining Tiffany like a black girl :laughing:
Just want to say I really like Teddy. He’s so sweet.

Oh and I found this

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out! I’ll take a look at it and see if it needs to be rewritten, and I’ll keep an eye out for the other typos too.

:heart: Glad to hear it!

@Bokeh
Ha, that’s funny because I described “Tiffany”/Clémence as being pale when she was introduced. But nope, she’s Korean. :slight_smile:

Glad you liked Teddy, and thank you for catching that typo.

1 Like