To the Whistling Winds (WIP) [UPDATED 09/18/2020]

So I haven’t touched Procreate or my iPad in a while, but I’ve actually really been enjoying drawing the ROs after a day of writing. It’s a pretty relaxing way to spend an hour or so, and it’s really fun to capture them visually too!

Chapter is currently around 7k words, and I did end up doing a stats overhaul. I’m really excited for this chapter to be published and to be read by you guys! Until then, take some art:

Ernest:

Mars:

44 Likes

:clap:

2 Likes

Your art has improved by a lot! This is amazing.

1 Like

The arts look amazing :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks, guys! :smiley: Appreciate your kind words.

I post art and other fun stuff more regularly on my tumblr, so be sure to check that out if you want to see more!

10 Likes

@bubblesodatea
I started your demo, and even though I probably don’t have enough time to finish it today, I just wanted to mention that when I read this:

I visibly smiled. You’ve got a talent with words, this was the most amazing sentence I’ve read all week. :smile:

8 Likes

Aww, thanks, that’s high praise! :smiley: Hope you like your play through!

5 Likes

Update coming Friday 9/18 (PST)! Chapter 4 is a big one - 25k words! I can’t wait to share it with y’all. :partying_face:

37 Likes

Wow – great news … especially since I thought school was going to derail you for a bit. lol

2 Likes

@anon14780897
Ahh! I’m so happy you like my game, and I really hope you do like the update!
Hehe, AAPI pride! :smiley:

@Eiwynn
LOL I actually finished this chapter before school started! Just waited until now to post it, since I knew I’d be busier.

5 Likes

09.18.20 Update!

Hi everyone! Happy September. :slight_smile: I bring a completed Chapter 4, which contains a change of scene, some questions answered, even more unanswered, and finally meeting ALL THE ROs !

The size of the chapter is 25k+ words, which makes the game 66k+ words in total.

Update includes:

• Chapter 4 - 25391 words
  • Personality stats overhaul
  • Bug fixes, spacing errors, grammar stuff
  • “Rumors around Chester” page now functional and updates as you play.

Links

What I’m looking for in terms of feedback:

• Spelling errors, bug fixes, grammar improvement
  • Thoughts on the characters and choices
  • Feedback on my writing style
  • Pacing
  • Anything else you feel like bringing up! I’d love to hear from you.

As always, thank you to @ipsolun and @imvietnamesenotchinese for beta reading for me! <3

43 Likes

Yaaay
:heart:

1 Like

I think Mars’s name repeats too often in ch2 when she’s introduced. It’s awkward to read when almost every sentence has ‘Mars’ in it.
Ch4 had some typos which I intended to send screenshots of but realised I forgot to take them :expressionless: (sorry) hopefully other people can help with that. Wasn’t anything horrible just some word repetition, spelling and ‘an’ instead of ‘a’; it didn’t take away from the reading experience.

Also I love Ernest now.

1 Like

And here I was imagining Tiffany like a black girl :laughing:
Just want to say I really like Teddy. He’s so sweet.

Oh and I found this

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out! I’ll take a look at it and see if it needs to be rewritten, and I’ll keep an eye out for the other typos too.

:heart: Glad to hear it!

@Bokeh
Ha, that’s funny because I described “Tiffany”/Clémence as being pale when she was introduced. But nope, she’s Korean. :slight_smile:

Glad you liked Teddy, and thank you for catching that typo.

1 Like

Noticed one typo.

1 Like

Thanks for catching this!

2 Likes

So I’m curious, are you going to be using both Fae Courts in this game?

1 Like

You are welcome!
And must have totally skipped over that crucial detail haha

1 Like

@Jordan_Kelley
Hmm…Both will be mentioned, one will appear more than the other. But I’m also lovingly bastardizing lore as it suits me. Hope this answers your question!

4 Likes