Tin Star testing

Hey, Allen. I found a typo:

“The engine drives you steadily eastward, makes regular stops along the towns and villages along the way.”

“makes” should either be “making” or have an and before it.

Well, when it comes to improving the lot of the Shoshone, there’s still only three ways to do it (ask the Uptons for help, marry into the Uptons while allied with Yiska, or take the Upton fortune while romanced with Yiska; alliance isn’t enough).

Anyway, a Native PC is going to be at least partly Westernized, like Yiska and Hungry Snake…though in the DLC, I’d suggest for them to have changes to their starting skillset: higher Brawling and Survival, lower Gunfighting, Engineering and Explosives, because Old Ways. (Allowing an option for Sharpshooting with a bow and arrow would be awesome, and also probably too much work…) Also, if the Lackey or Renegade option is taken, there might be a chance to start an Indian War in the Epilogue.

Oh, and the meeting with Captain Baker is going to be interesting and require careful handling. I mean, he is looking for Indians.

@Ramidel I know it was posted a while ago, but I’m liking reading your posts and picking up other stuff to do. *whips out the to-do list and adds ‘exile Maria’. I feel like the possibilities are endless with this game. :smiley:

Yup yup!

I find a coding error:

“Like an ox stretched tall, he offers a rough and scarred offers a hand to help you up.”

And I think something was skipped here:

“You’d be the Marshel then,” Hartigan says as he saunters closer.

Hartigan leads you into the maze of a canyon where red walls of clay stretch high overhead.

Also, Caraway was referred to as Cartigan’s daughter, even though I hadn’t learned that yet.

I don’t ever kill Preston how do I do it

And I don’t get to raid the town either

Here’s another typo:

“Yeah, its something alright.”

“I just love these table clothes. They’re like bed sheets you can eat on.”

Carraway is adorable. 8->

1 Like

In the big war, it seems like I’ve got Hartigan both with me AND against me. xD

EDIT - oh! I see.

@Samuel_H_Young -Thank you. Those are good typos to fix. I’ve incorporated all but the early mention of Miss Caraway being Hartigan’s daughter. I’ll have to track that one down a little later.

@Ramidel -Those are good suggestions. I’m not sure about a lower gunfighting skill though for Indians. It makes sense, but I can’t see anyone taking the option. I may add it in though, just to be representative. As things stand right now, there is the option to offset some skills with a lower legal, explosives, or engineering skill. But that isn’t entirely firm yet either.

And yes, the meeting with Captain Baker ended up being a thing. A short thing mind you, since a single Indian wearing a tin star certainly isn’t the warband of Paiute that he is looking for, However, a wrong word certainly can end things fatally.

On that cheerful note, I’ve included a link to the patched version. If someone wants to do a run as an Indian, I’d be very interested in hearing how it went. I expect it won’t seem all that different from a regular play through in most places.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89217689/dfabulich-choicescript-e14aa48/web/mygame/index.html

1 Like

@AllenGies: Psht! I can run through the game just fine without pulling my shootin’ iron once. So yes, I’d take that option in a heartbeat.

If I’m going to play a Native, I’ll play him, her or hir with tomahawk, bow and straight tongue. And if not, then it’s because I learned to pull iron elsewhere.

Um, “Native” should probably be on your trait list.

1 Like

"In a daring maneuver you slide in close and go for the grapple. At first George holds the upper hand but you leverage the initial surprise to gain a choke-hold and the big man starts gasping for breath. Moments later he collapses. The remaining miners don’t stick around and scatter for the hills.

The Red Ribbon mining corporation is no more. What few remain, including Anya, including Randall, including George, including Terry the engineer, have fled for the hills. All that remains of them are several wagons, the beasts that were pulling them, and the bodies of the fallen."

Zombies seem to be a recurring event in CoGs.

Bug detected: I hit the camp, I hit the railhead, and in neither case was I given the chance to run from the pissed-off Caraway or give her a bear of a problem. And in this particular version I am not a gunfighter.

Actually, Ramidel, I don’t see anywhere in that quote that it says you killed George, you could have just have put him in a sleeping hold there for all it says.

So I might suggest clarity either way.

When I choose that my character is a doctor and a lawyer, it strikes me as odd that Marshall James assumes I haven't had any learning.  

Hmm, wouldn't Carrie remind a native american more of a wolf or a mountain lion than a tigress?

And why I know there were lots of languages among the native americans, wouldn't a native american PC either be able to say hello with the right inflection, or offer greeting in a trade language to maximize the potential of mutual understanding?

How does one win at the balloon if you choose to shoot the bodyguard and Steele? Maxed out gun fighting, but it seems impossible.

As well, I like the Indian playthrough, was nice. Feel like people should have commented on it more, but…eh.

@Ramidel - Okay, I’ll add the option to reduce gunfighting. Should just be a short entry after all. I do wish I could include a bow and arrow or Tomahawk option, but that would require far too much work.

As for George, yeah, I’ve adjusted the entry to account for his absence. Dead or knocked out (As stsword notes he might be) he shouldn’t be running about. No zombies, dangit!

@stsword - Good point about Marshal James and learning, as well as the use of something more indigenous than a tiger. As for the myriad of Native American languages and introductions… I’ll give it some thought, but right now I’m running out of time.

@Gallifreyman -Trying to just shoot it out with Maria’s bodyguard and Steele is a tough fight. You’ll need gunfighting above 46 and both Stamina and Resolve above 35. I deliberately made it difficult because, well, because a big chunk of the story doesn’t get played out if you succeed.

Glad you liked the Indian play through. Hopefully others will too.

@AllenGies: You asked me eons ago about how it played out being very lawful. It was actually really enjoyable especially with some of the responses I got back from the other characters! I’m hoping this weekend to try being a bit more evil and seeing how that will play out.

Oh I have to say that I used to feel the tiniest bit guilty about putting Tumbleweed to service and letting Papa Upton get away with community service (which is how my character sees it, not bribery, just creative punishment), but after he shot me for wanting a native american last name, forget him.