'Til Death Do us Part (SPOILERS!)

“the Monarch not making sense makes a certain amount of sense.” Hear, hear!

@Ramidel - I remembered after posting, that when I played it, there were whispers of an affair with me and de Vega, and the fact that he is a Life Mage, so I guessed it would be something to do with that.

@MaraJade - How do you get yourself into the situation where you throw them to the wolves? I’m going to try it with de Mendosa, I couldn’t do it to Luis. xD

Hmm i just was with queen in a great relationship but not being a saint and no great respect in court. So people talk about me and like Mendoza still try to court me shouting in my door at night. Queen thought Mendoza and I .But queen loves me to much so kill my supposedly lover and we continue just fine and wiithout mendoza

@MaraJade - Thanks, I am going to do this later.

Can someone tell me PLEASE how do you get the “What? What are you doing?" and “No! I quickly look away" while facing that damned Thomás?

If I recall correctly, it’s never possible.

T_T Darn, that should be fixeeed, please… And… Maybe some way to go with De Vega after helping Mendoza if you two were just friends and De Vega had been warmer with you?

Whoa, for the first time I tried to mate Lucia with the King, and it resulted that he wasn’t even interested in her…
Whilst I killed Adelita with a Death Curse and treatened the Life Magician to give me the Life Magic baby free :wink:

“The masque appears to tell the story of a young woman betrothed against her will to a terrible blackhearted old man. The youngster appears to be very good-looking indeed—not that you can see her face beneath her mask, but you do have a full view of glossy auburn hair and a stunning figure. In contrast, excellent use of facepaint and costuming has turned the old man into something truly hideous. The young woman weeps and pleads with her cruel parents, but they refuse to yield. The old man carries away the young woman and locks her in a tower, cackling.

But not to fear! A brave knight, who of course looks absolutely nothing like the King, rides in with brave companions. Between the lot of them, they manage to unlock the locks, break the enchantments, and fight the guardian beasts. At last the King sweeps the youngster safely from the tower.

You try to imagine such a story being told in the Court of your young days. How times have changed”

What means this masque story?

Was this one a threat?

As winter comes on, outdoor amusements become rarer, and theatrical entertainments more common. This particular set of Court youngsters is very fond of masques, and so quite a few are performed for you that winter.

Most are innocuous enough. But one features as its villain an ugly old hag of a Death Mage who tricks a handsome prince into taking her as a lover. The Death Mage villain then engages in forbidden magic, kills off all the wise advisors and beloved friends who would have protected the prince against her, and ends by cuckolding the prince with multiple partners. Finally a brave young Life Mage quests to obtain a magic mirror that shows the true form of all who are reflected in it, and in a dramatic finale, uses the mirror to show the prince the horror that is his lover.

The prince flies into a rage and kills the evil Death Mage. And then he and the Life Mage live happily ever after.

The audience breaks into applause.

Is it only your imagination that no one in the Great Hall will meet your eyes afterward?

Yep. These signal that there are elements in the Court that are plotting your downfall.

@MaraJade you can avoid the “Rapist Touch” if you choose to step back lol. I imagine you need high enough magic to resist giving away secrets, mine was 95 at the time.

Hi, I was wondering if you knew how to get the ending where the king/MC husband doesn’t turn into a tyrant? I’ve read that there is an ending where he dies of natural causes five years later, which is the ending I’m going for. How do you do that after freeing him from Tomás’ mind control?

1 Like

Thank u! Wasn’t positive on that one

I don’t think there is a way for the Monarch to stay sane. It starts after his illness, which you can’t prevent.
[HOW-TO] And, to get the death by natural causes, you have to play the entire game being a perfect angel. You can’t contribute to anyone’s death, have a shadow of an affair, and must spend every moment with the Monarch.
[ENDS]
At least, that’s the only way I’ve gotten it. Hope this helped!

1 Like

Is there a way to prevent this?

You can’t prevent people from running the badly-disguised allegory of a play, no. You have to defeat the threats to your life and family through other means. (Those threats are Tomas de Reyes, and probably the Monarch.)

Can anyone tell me how I can get my magic up to 99? I’ve been trying for ages and the most I’ve got is 95.

Also, a good way to get your rep up (I got an instant 99 in some cases) is in part 2, when deciding who to marry Juanita to. Argue with Agustin to give Juanita to the Duquesa’s child when it’s first proposed (you’ll need book smarts for this, or your argument won’t be convincing.) Then later at the hunt, discuss it again and when Agustin asks if you’d be okay with Juanita being heir, pick the “I will be okay if it’s what’s best” option. This supposedly makes you an angel, haha!

Also, can someone help me with the first assassination attempt?? If my magic isn’t high enough I pick the “run to stables” option (assuming I’m not involved with either De Mendosa or De Vega.) Sometimes I die, and it says “if only you’d recognised the sound for what it was…” what does that mean? That I didn’t have enough booksmarts? Or magic? Other times I make it fine. Same with keeping up with Agustin during the hunt, sometimes it says “By intense concentration, you are able to be among them.” And sometimes it says “you cannot, although you try.” What? Also, during the assassination attempt, if I have really high magic, is it better to use the Death Rod or rely on my skills? (Assuming I have the Death Rod.)

1 Like

Don’t know what stat you need to survive the stables, though I suspect running out there is always a death sentence.

Keeping up with the Monarch during the hunt is pure, RNG luck. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don’t. It’s better to reload until you do, because you want them to be as happy with you as possible.

High Magic, use your magic. Low Magic, use the Death Rod (though I think there might be a chance that it backfires).

I have been playing it for many many time…! and still I can’t get the good ending!
as I always can’t break the mind control of Tomas at the time he uses it.
I see the option is there but I can’t choose it…
so far I can only did your first two achievement…by that time queen is already dead.

is it I have to keep the queen here if I want to beat down Tomas?
and do you know if what I did at part ii will effects part iii?
thanks very much!

PS. I played it as a man. (I am a girl in fact) is it the reason that I can’t break Tomas’s mind control?

@Claire2014 Your being a man isn’t why you can’t break the mind control. There are a few ways out of it, from what I recall. I don’t have a copy of the game so I can’t check.

There’s quite a lot of stuff that carries over from 1 into 2 and then 2 into 3. What sort of children you have, whether you’re married to the Monarch or not, if the Consort is alive, how you dealt with Juanita, your relationships with various people. I don’t think there’s anything you need to carry over to fulfill the path you want though.