'Til Death Do us Part (SPOILERS!)

Or other scene name (e.g. “PersonalPolitics.txt”). The possible scene names can be found in the mygame.js file (use “View Source” to navigate to this file).

I wanted to write a few of my thoughts here instead, so I could spoil away. :slight_smile:

I enjoyed the game for what it’s worth. It is interesting fun weaving through the many paths you can scheme at, feeling the satisfaction of the results that you net.

I found the Queen’s ending to be bittersweet and kind of painful in a sense. My female player character or I rather, loved her despite everything, so it’s tough seeing her die eventually and wished there were more options to genuinely be there for Agustina, if you want to choose to, instead of half of everything delving into a power struggle, although interspersed with romantic moments.

In a lucky turn, this is balanced out with de mendosa. It’s amazing how seamlessly her romance picks right up where you left off, especially if you were happily involved with de mendosa in the beginning and cheated on her/him to be with the monarch. I was surprised at just how well it fits the narrative.

Gabriela is certainly my favorite! She is incredibly sweet, and almost had me turning into blushes as she tenderly expresses how she can’t forget you after all this while. And tugging at my heartstrings, during the Lucia affair, where she was obviously pained, seeing you latch on as tightly as you could to your security with the queen than trusting in your love for you and her (due to my choices). That was a good one. I also really heart her bubbly enthusiasm, which is a nice contrast to Agustina’s jadedness.

I liked the action twists and turns. More opportunities to use your magic powers in combat is always fantastic. Which made me wish the coup could be more fleshed out. More elaborate scenes with the commoners turned warriors, meshed in ground interaction would have made it epic.

Luis de vega was a bit of an astonishment. For some reason, I’ve always imagined him to be a twerpy sort of guy, one who’d twirl his mustache as he speaks or while pondering. I got his romance ending during one of my playthroughs.

All in all, it’s a good game. Now, I will go marry myself off to evil Thomas just to see what kind of ending I’d get. Ha!

@Aereath I liked Luis de Vega from the first game. I did imagine him a lot older, I suppose it makes sense that he wasn’t though. And a goatie, I figured he had one of those, as opposed to a moustache. The Monarch did have a tendency to off their other advisors. I did think he was closer to the Monarch’s age than to yours though.

I wanted a lot more of the game fleshed out. All these little bits and pieces. As it was it felt rushed to me. Your post made me think though about fanfiction and that that’s the purpose it really serves, to flesh out the details not present in the main work.

I was surprised that I didn’t like Mendosa in this version. I really liked them in the first game but I just didn’t in this one. It felt like they hadn’t grown up at all.

@FairyGodfeather What didn’t you like about de Mendosa? Because I find it very queer that I would like somebody, who you didn’t, - and who wasn’t a rampaging arch-conservative tyrant.

I imagined Don Luis to be in his mid forties to fifties. The MC at most thirty. Mendosa seemed like a different character in this game compared to the first.

@Drazen Hahahaa! I figured Mendosa hadn’t really changed since the first game. They were still an idealist waffling all about commoners rights, not at all regretful when their wands murdered someone in the first trial run. Mendosa was terribly clingy, it seemed so unrealistic that after the five years we’d been apart they were still harbouring a crush, even if we hadn’t really had the chance to speak to eachother. That said I’ve not done a proper playthrough focused on Mendosa yet. Once I do it might change my mind.

@Scrivener How did you find Mendosa was different?

@FairyGodfeather its hard to say. Just the feel of them seems different. Their personality a bit and maybe they changed from traveling for five years around Iberia. They may not have grown up per say but they’re not the exact same naive person they were back when you first came to court but there not what everyone expects either.

Okay. I’ll do a complete playthrough and give Mendosa a go this time, while trying to work out what could possibly stop me from choosing to marry Mendosa originally and instead falling in with the Monarch.

I keep playing, but I can only win when I get Vega on my side. How do you win with Mendosa? What stats and tricks am I supposed to pick? I really want to see the constitution ending. Thank you all for your help.

@FairyGodfeather …Other than money and power?

True love and someone who wants you for you.

@Scrivener Sooo… A mistress, then?

Try for all three I will rule the world! Money power a mistress of my own mwuahaha!

1 Like

I hate Mendoza, he is so boring and self focused; its bla bla. It’s like a puppy lol. He don’t change a comma i have to tell go away, like nine times well he keep trying i was about to hanged him for fool. When i choose have lovers again do you want Mendoza? NO Please stop asking. No its a nO hell i don’t want him!!

That’s the one annoying quality about if I supported Mendosa. You basically have to shove him out the door with a kick to the pants for good measure. At least de Vega went when you asked him.

As far as the greyed out options when facing Tomas, is there truly no way to activate them. Or are they just their infuriate us? I enjoy the game immensely and have done my utmost to achieve all possible outcomes. But the greyed out options still illude me.

Yeah, pretty much most of the greyed out options aren’t actually possible. They’re there to taunt.

1 Like

@FairyGodfeather

if thats the case then I’m sorely disappointed in a game I was enjoying, if a choice is there it should be possible to use it, even if its really hard to achieve. I was actually intended to playthrough again to unlock the resist his mind control completely option but if I can’t there isn’t really a point to try it.

1 Like

You can’t resist his mind control the first time he controls you, just as you can’t kill him with the death curse, just as you can’t free the monarch the first time.

1 Like

Yeah but you can at least try to free the monarch or do a death curse there doesn’t seem to be Any way of resisting the mind control even there is an option to.