- New romantic option: C’looth-Thili, an eldritch cultist
- Arcy Rackenwort’s sex scenes completed
- Updated the “god fight” sequence a little
- Transgender options
- New skill: medicine
- Minor tweaks here and there
- Roughly 40,000 words added
Til Death Do Us Part
… is a story where you play as an immortal being in a world of epic fantasy, trying to find someone to love until the end of time – literally.
Welcome to the world of Circadia!
Every single one of the romantic options in the game is immortal through one method or another, sometimes benign, sometimes explicitly evil in nature. In the final version of the game you’ll choose from cultists paranoid about the looming specter of death, sad princesses watching as their kingdoms fall to ruin, and hedonistic demons aiming to extract every ounce of joy they can from everything life has to offer. Among many others.
The final version will have fifteen romantic options of all shapes and sizes.
Where We're At Now
Right now the story is sitting at about 90,000 words. This includes …
- an introduction
- a host of downtime activities
- four creepy omens
- two endgame missions
- 2/15 romantic interests
Approximate percentage completed: 15%
What's Coming in the Next Update (ETA 1 month)
- A fifty-foot tall demi-god who lives for battle
- A spider demon who is also secretly an ooze
What's Still to be Done in Total
- 13 romantic interests
- a full “true” ending
- smaller-scale romance sequences with mortals!
You get to choose your character’s gender and name, as well as influence their stats throughout the prologue.
Your character is immortal, and you can decide how exactly they obtained their immortality:
- Arch-Druid (rejuvenates their body each time they shapeshift into forest animals)
- Champion (after defeating Death Itself in single combat, can only be killed by someone who outmatches their skill in battle)
- Cytomancer (studied forbidden magical arts to make their body impervious to damage and the effects of aging)
Regardless of which you choose, your goal is the same: find a soulmate that will stick by your side for eternity.
- an undead mage (f)
- a worshipper of eldritch horrors (m)
- a colossus (m)
- a spider demon (f)
- a succubus / incubus (m/f)
- a djinn (m)
- a cursed princess (f)
- a naga (f)
- a vampire (m)
- a suit of animated armor (n/a)
- a jellyfish (n/a)
- a faerie queen (f)
- a tiger devil (m)
- a siren (m)
- a dragon (f)
That seems like a lot of characters, yeah?
Don’t worry, the story is pretty segmented. Right from the outside you can choose which romantic options you want to pursue, and if you feel like you’ve really connected with that jellyfish, you can end the story right then and there.
The main themes, in contrast to the focus on romance, will be how you deal with death. Ironically, a story featuring immortal characters ends with each of those characters having to come to terms with the prospect of oblivion.
I’m also planning to include some fairly explicit content in the story. A lot of the relationships (e.g. the succubus/incubus, vampire, etc) will have a sexual element to them. I could divorce sex from the romance, but I feel it wouldn’t be doing the story justice without it. For example, one of the characters (the princess) has to deal with the fact that her curse has robbed her of the ability to reproduce and, therefore, if she dies, her kingdom dies with her. It’s a really interesting facet of the character (notably, why she hasn’t attempted to break the curse) and I feel it wouldn’t be the same without the connection to sex.
If you’re not comfortable with explicit sex scenes (especially with characters that might blur the lines of whether or not they’re truly human), you can turn it off before you begin the game. There’s a toggle at the beginning.
- high fantasy
- mild horror elements
- magical non-realism
- vague medieval setting
- PC can be male, female, or transgender
- romance focus (asexual, bisexual, gay, straight, gender-fluid, non-binary)
- sexual content
Dashingdon Demo: https://dashingdon.com/play/will/til-death-do-us-part/mygame/
Survey 2: https://goo.gl/forms/lJRcgthy8cR7YnBG2