Through Broken Lenses (Update 40 on 13 NOV 2018) WiP

gender-choice

Here you go

Loving the update! I actually shed a tear at the end of the demo, poor MC. What they’ve been through is truly awful :cry:
Your writing is beautiful and the flashbacks are heart-wrenching (is that a word?)

Just a small repeated phrase thing in the shower scene:

Stats

Through a lot as it seems, but looking at it more generaly the mc is basically used to it and their time with the group was probably better than the time before, so I would guess the mc does not mind that part to much

If you look calculating at it, without emotional interfaces

CIA Database Profile:

Subject Name: Randy Decker
Subject Gender: Male
Humanity: 7%
CIA Trust: 28%
Skills

Combat: 85% Friendliness: 15%
Firearms: 88% Intimacy: 12%
Explosives: 76% Tolerance: 24%
Tactics: 90% Empathy: 10%
Stealth: 89% Honesty: 11%
Reflex: 88% Serenity: 12%
Overall Local Reputation

Violent: 10% Anonymous: 90%
Known Acquaintances

Daniel Decker: 30%
Toby Hens: 60%
Jessy Stewart: 30%
Vi Myrtal: 100%
Junior Beach: 20%
Lucy Stein: 70%
Jason Stave: 30%

I have taken a particular liking to Vi. I only wish I had the option to incorporate her into my workout, so that my character could focus on instructing her instead of getting lost in the flashback.

Also the report at the end of day one only has options for you not already knowing Vi in the art class section.

@Interestedparty Question, is the MC supposed to be ugly? I ask because when she (my MC is female) is looking at her reflection in the bathroom mirror, she describes it as “ugly”. Not only that, but she says only one person ever called her beautiful, and that everyone else has always disagreed with him… honestly, I never imagined her to be beautiful whenever I thought of her, but I never imagined her to be ugly either. I always imagined her as either plain or pretty. But that’s just me.

Oh, there was something I found that struck me as odd. Ok, so after the MC goes with Junior, I had her fight him. Long story short, he (eventually) knocked her out. Before he knocked her out (and she fell unconscious), you actually make it a point to bring up the fact that her nose gets broken. Blah blah blah, fast forward to when she gets home; Daniel doesn’t seem to acknowledge her broken nose, or the fact that she looks like she was in a fight… honestly, that just seems odd to me.

perhaps it’s the scars

Maybe Daniel just expects it at that point? But yeah, I agree, there should at least just be like one line acknowledging that fact that he notices the broken nose

CIA Database Profile:

Subject Name: David Decker
Humanity: 10%
CIA Trust: 26%
Skills

Combat: 86% Friendliness: 14%
Firearms: 85% Intimacy: 15%
Explosives: 74% Tolerance: 26%
Tactics: 78% Empathy: 22%
Stealth: 85% Honesty: 15%
Reflex: 74% Serenity: 26%
Overall Local Reputation

Known Acquaintances

Daniel Decker: 55%
Toby Hens: 60%
Jessy Stewart: 50%
Vi Myrtal: 60%
Lucy Stein: 60%

Also, a few things I noted (sorry I did not take any screenshots), but when we first met the principal, the word principal was misspelled ‘principle’. (I chose to follow instructions and enter the office immediately).
In addition, when I ate with Jessy during recess, and decided to tell her the story behind the bruise from getting punched by Jason, it ended the game?
Finally, I thought it was a bit strange that Jason didn’t really remember who I was after school, even though I let him punch me. (Sorry I did not take any screenshots, but my choice when I first met him was to evade, then confront, and allowed him to punch me). Also, he only introduced himself to me after school, and not during the first encounter (if this is important).

But overall, I really enjoyed the game! Great work here! I am actually interested to see how the MC and his ‘father’ will bond, considering how awkward and closed-off Daniel seems.

Yes, the MC is ugly according to the author.

A combination of growing up malnourished and emotional issues making the MC off in social interactions.

The fact that wasn’t really obvious from the game was mentioned before, hence those scenes.

Oh wow I’m without internet for a couple of days and there’s an update? I should try being without internet more often!

Small thing I noticed while reading: My MC didn’t meet V on roof, yet when escaping with Junior the game stated that my MC had met her. I actually sneaked in and surrendered to the guards.

Also Jason didn’t seem to recognize me after leaving Junior’s hangout. Funny. I thought stabbing a person’s leg would leave an impression. Actually, I think the text seems to change from that scenario to a scenario where mc is walking home from Junior’s hangout, without meeting Jason.

And I can’t believe I completely forgot about The fruit of Grisaia! I meant to buy it, when I read about it a year ago! Thanks for the reminder!

Here are the stats:
CIA Database Profile:

Subject Name: Rucel Decker
Humanity: 7%
Skills

Combat: 85% Friendliness: 15%
Firearms: 88% Intimacy: 12%
Explosives: 75% Tolerance: 25%
Tactics: 89% Empathy: 11%
Stealth: 89% Honesty: 11%
Reflex: 89% Serenity: 11%
Overall Local Reputation

Violent: 25% Anonymous: 75%
Known Acquaintances

Daniel Decker: 45%
Toby Hens: 25%
Vi Myrtal: 60%
Junior Beach: 25%
Lucy Stein: 30%

I’m really excited to see what happens in the 2nd chapter! It’s going to be interesting to see how everything is going, now that school has been going now. I’m especially interested seeing how the stats are going to affect our MC. I’m just preparing the day where our MC is found by his old employers.

Great update! Here’s my stats:

This is rather fascinating, never played anything quite like it. Well written. :relaxed:

Here’s my data, trying to fit in and embrace the chance for a new life:

CIA Database Profile:
  Subject Name: Rosita Decker
  Subject Gender: Female
  Humanity: 12%
  CIA Trust: 28%

Skills
  Combat:      84% - Friendliness: 16%
  Firearms:    70% - Intimacy:       30%
  Explosives: 74% - Tolerance:     26%
  Tactics:       75% - Empathy:      25%
  Stealth:       74% - Honesty:       26%
  Reflex:        73% - Serenity:       27%

Overall Local Reputation
  Violent:      10% - Anonymous:  90%

Known Acquaintances
  Daniel Decker: 50%

Toby Hens:      60%
  Vi Myrtal:         60%
  Junior Beach:  50%
  Lucy Stein:      70%
  Jason Stave:   30%

CIA Database Profile:

Subject Name: Oliver Decker
Humanity: 12%
Skills

Combat: 81% Friendliness: 19%
Firearms: 83% Intimacy: 17%
Explosives: 85% Tolerance: 15%
Tactics: 86% Empathy: 14%
Stealth: 75% Honesty: 25%
Reflex: 88% Serenity: 12%
Overall Local Reputation

Known Acquaintances

Daniel Decker: 45%
Toby Hens: 55%
Jessy Stewart: 40%
Vi Myrtal: 100%
Lucy Stein: 60%

I think I did great.

Here are my stats for my most recent playthrough!

Called it!!! :):grin:

I just played it and I loved it :clap::clap: I really like how the MC sees everything in a different light than the normal kids, can’t wait to make them start to see the world different!
As for characters Vi is strangely charming? I mean my MC cut her arm in the bathroom and then she appears in my house and tells Daniel that she’s in love with me??? Like idk if you were planning about havin RO but she’s first in my list lol, I also really liked Kenneth, it’s fun to see someone who knows what the MC is capable of be chill around them (and I hope we get some cute parental Daniel scenes :eyes:)
Anyway loved it!!!

Right, seeing as how the first chapter has been and remains a tangled spider-web of paths, variations, and broken code; there remains a lot of work that needs to be done on it. As such, I’m going to dedicate the next update entirely to bug fixes.

So…share. What’s everyone found.