These Reluctant Years (WIP) - Last updated: April 27th, 2021

This is the first time Miles_D has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!

Firstly, welcome! (:

Thank you! I never like to shy away from realities (however dismissive some people may be of them) in my writing. Especially in a story-game like this, where Society explicitly treats people differently (badly) based on one’s gender, class, and sexuality.

EDIT:
The supplementary lore series “Travelogue of a Faithful Woman” just concluded over on my Patreon page. It is sort of a personal log/epistolary format about a Mainlander woman who travels to the Colonies as a missionary. She encounters all of the unique peoples that live there, and ends up learning much more than she ever expected from them.

The next lore series (lasting all of May) will be about the Heroic religious minority. They’ve been mentioned a few times in-text and in this thread, but never really from the perspective of a “good citizen of the Sovereignty”, so to speak. If that sounds like something you would be interested in following/reading, then please consider becoming a patron. You can also just join at the end of the month if you would rather not wait for the story to be accessible serially.

2 Likes

I’ve played through the demo a few times now and I love it, especially the worldbuilding and dialogue between characters. I wanted to point out a small error I found in the newest update:

In the hideout

“You’ve doubtlessly noticed the new face in our midst. Hey, would you mind stepping forward?” he continues. Eirikr takes a few steps toward Freeman and Belvidere so they can see her better.

I think the bolded word should be “him”, as Eirikr/MC2 was selected to have he/him pronouns.

2 Likes

I had the same problem only with my MC2 having they/them pronouns and referring to them as her like you.

1 Like

Thank you! (:

Fixed! It will go into effect in the next update.

Would you happen to remember where this happened (other than the example quoted by lynx)?