The Witch's Familiar (wip, updated Oct 13th 2022)

I like the writing style so far and don’t really see it as being vague like other people have mentioned. Also the concept of the knight having different personalities based on the way their gender is affected by the scar is a really great and unique idea.

1 Like

Looks neat. (Will view demo later)

Noticed the RO’s are one-sided, might wanna spice it up with adding more male choices.

21 Likes

It’s an interesting concept and where the story going so far I like the diversity of spirit types available to play as, I hope there will be more than one option male ro tho, and I don’t know if your open to suggestions and if you are I personally would love to see a self conscious intellectual male ro but if not feel free to disregard.

5 Likes

will there more spirit types to chose from in other categories or no

1 Like

i enjoyed that alot! your writing is not heavy and feels easy to read. also everything feels smooth and captures the flighty feeling of being a spirit and the sense of adventure they crave. very nice. cant wait to see more

3 Likes

Not bad, way too short but its5very interesting @Kitty_Gaige and like I said in your other IF, other than few tiny mistakes and spelling errors, the writing ia very good and smooth

3 Likes

this and the time warden are both good and promising? I tip my hat to you

2 Likes

This happens if you pick air spirit

1 Like

Let’s address this topic shall we. For now, yes they are. I have a difficult time writing romance when it involves men. It’s something I am working on. But yes, the options will expand as we go :grin:

Fiiiixed :heart: First it was spaces and indents that decided to mess with me, now it’s errant asterixis :crazy_face:

It helps when oneself is flighty irl :laughing:

13 Likes

Great concept, but I can’t get very far before I encounter this, no matter which species I choose:

5 Likes

Loving the idea for the new project! The ROs all seem very interesting, might need more than a single run for this depending on how it goes when we meet them :eyes:
Can’t wait to check how’s gonna be the dynamic of romancing mortals.

4 Likes

Caught an error while playing the demo, its premise is interesting, looking forward to future updates!

1 Like

That was my stupid brain saying “Hey, wait, is female version is shorter then male, then wouldnt the scar be slightly higher up?” That led to the whole thing. So now I basically have two seperate ROs I need to create for ONE character :woman_facepalming:

Depends on the mortal :smiley: The Elf doesn’t really give a shit what you are, the knight might be a little judgy, etc. Of course depending on your spirit choice it may be easier to romance some more then others.

Alright!! It should be working now, seriously…ONE missing " and the entire thing throws a tantrum sigh

9 Likes

i think we got an error with the saves

1 Like

:sob: :sob:
Fixed it. Today is just NOT my day for things working properly, even the coffee pot was being difficult :expressionless:

12 Likes

Sooo, today has been almost a wash. It’s just been one of those days were nothing works out. Now that being said I am working on what the stats will be like. I’m kinda thinkin that the stats will be mostly intellectual and social since you are simply a spirit inhabiting a corpse.

These stats will change based on interactions like you would normally expect. I am thinking of going a slightly different route and leaving the physical stats up to the physical body you inhabit and since the MC is what maintains the body it’s physical attributes will stay roughly the same except in some extreme cases where you can select to alter them, a reward from a side quest making your physical form stronger for example.

I am not entirely set on that, but I kinda like the idea that your non physical stats will be your primary worries in most checks.

11 Likes

Will our spirit form have any influence on this? It would make sense to carry some uniqueness to our physical body

1 Like

Oh very much so! Especially as you grow more powerful. As an example if you are a fire spirit inhabiting a crow’s body you will start out with glowing flame like eyes and a faint red tinge to your feathers. At your most powerful the black part of your feathers will look like charcoal while the tips will be on fire! :fire: :fire: :fire: :fire:

Just one example.

In terms of the stats if you are said fire crow hybrid and you have high aggression your fire spells will be more powerful, but other spell types and some attributes will suffer for it. Being a spirit your energy and personality have a great effect on any physical forms you take. Which is why it can affect how some characters react to you.

Take the ghost for example. Some of your…ghostliness? Is that a word? No? It is now! Beyond having an effect on your physical body, you also give off a faint feeling of dread to living beings. Things like that will be in consideration.

14 Likes

Not sure if this was asked already but about how many different selections do we have for our familiar body

please tell me we can become a mouse familiar…

1 Like

This feels like the start of a potentially grand adventure and exciting relationship. I know it’s not much yet, but this is just what my gut tells me. Best of luck with this one!

1 Like