The Wings of Angels (World War II Aviation game WIP)(On Hiatus)

@ccbubbacc
Change history? Not in a serious way, the players characters are in a way witnessing a moment in time, giving dates and times a much bigger meaning in this game. But there are some variations that can occur.(plus within your adventures seperate from world events a lot of outcomes can happen, ) Not sure what people will think of that…

This will be our players first aircraft. The Grumman F4F-3 Wildcat

Compared with your Early opponents you will have to use these strengths and keep in mind the weaknesses.

COMPARATIVE STRENGTHS:

Superior diving speed
Faster roll rate
More ammunition for main guns
Tough and durable with better pilot protection

COMPARATIVE WEAKNESSES:

Restricted pilot visibility, especially to rear
Short range
Inferior climb rate
Less maneuverable
Slower acceleration
Narrow track landing gear

4 Likes

There’s a game much like one of CoG’s from paradox interactive on the play store where you do just that.

I think I know which one you mean, its a spin off of that WW2 strategy game right?

Yeah. Hearts of Iron. I had a few hours of fun with it. Being reckless and flying into furballs with no wingmen.

That was it! I seen it played, seems like a very in-depth game for anyone who wants to try out different possible ways the war could have played out. If I had the patience for strategy games I’d likely give it a try.

The title sounds good and when you do need help contact me.

The main game is…fun…in the way that losing constantly is fun. Paradox games usually have a pretty steep learning curve, but once you master one, the rest have similarities that make them easier to grasp. If you’re into large, complex simulation games, I’d recommend it. Just know that you will look up and realize you’ve been playing for 20 hours at some point.

I’ve beaten it a few times but I lost more than I will ever win. I’ve always loved the learning curve and how the A.I is smart.

I always end up owning half the world with my allies and nothing to do post war. After winning in like 1943.

I’ve always played smaller nations against the big guys.I tried a challenge were you play as Greece declare war on everyone in Alexander’s Empire and try to conquer it all while dealing with the Allies and the Axis.

But I’m a tactical genius son. Marines always win it for me. Playing a small nation is easy mode. Just play the USA and try to micromanage all the Pacific. Or the UK and try to pay attention to your colonial holdings.

Maybe there could be Red Barron (May have spelled that wrong) acheivement?

1 Like

Yes but you have to declare war on everyone right away.

I love how I’m playing a paradox game as I’m reading this, though I’m playing crusader kings 2. HOI looks fun but I’ll stick to medieval intrigue, warfare, and politics.(and I’m totally not using console commands):innocent:

2 Likes

Sketchy cheat menu son. I wish HoI’s combat mechanics were in CK2 though. Being able to draw a Frontline makes managing armies way easier.

Nahhhh. If you’re the UK you get dragged in by Poland or France.

@spytim
This sounds like a fantastic project, very much looking forward to the demo!
Might I be so bold as to point you in the direction of my Hosted Game Divided We Fall, one of the story lines is a fighter pilot in the spanish civil war. Just for ideas/inspiration/see what’s been done before/read it and think I do not want my story to play like that…
As for battles/scenarios I’d like to see, the battle of Britain has to be the highlight of the war in the air for me.

2 Likes

You may lol, :slight_smile: I will make sure to take a look.

Wouldn’t be too hard, maybe make it is your character scores more Air victories then the Red Baron did?

2 Likes