The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

Or you can add a little in the beginning when the MC first awakens referencing the tradition - something besides the name to clue your readers in; I know a lot of history so I suspected that to be the case but most won’t have that knowledge. Either way, I’m sure you’ll figure it out.

Adding that to the beginning would be awkward. WK isn’t even aware of who they are at that point, and pointing it out without a reason to would make it just weird.
If you’re talking about before the story starts then maybe.

2 Likes

My King is named Alice!

I wanna be a Queen. So long as there is also a king, the Queen gets all the perks of being royalty with almost none of the responsibility. Who cares if i’m a guy? If the King can be female, the Queen can be male!

Yes! YESH! BOW DOWN TO ME, MORTAL!

#MYAH!

Hold on. Let me get my C00KiE LAZER…

2 Likes

Oh, and beside there hasn’t been a Wight King in several millenium. There’s few beside the most powerful undead, other Wights, some banshees, members of occult theories secret organisations (clubs), and the archmages of the grey mage’s fortress (which aren’t in this kingdom, though they’ll feel the Wight King becoming stronger).
Also the coming of a new Wight King (or even wight knight though in a much lesser measure) is a sign of dark times coming, the last Wight King have awakened just a few years before the events that led to the age of darkness, the first of them awakened the first day of the wars that set the whole world aflame during the gods’ wars that consquently led to the downward spirals that anhiliated the civilizations of the old world and led them to the age of darkness proper much later.

3 Likes

ok since we are a self made wight as you said in one of my previous comments how come we don’t realize what we are did we have amnesia or when you become a wight king you forget your life when you were alive?

I may need to make that more clear, if people don’t understand that. But yes WK lost their memories.
They’ll get them back little by little, but they’ll never be the person they were ever again even if they were to get back ALL their memories, what they lost gave them a whole new memory. Those who knew them wouldn’t recognize them if they didn’t see their face, and even then, WK changed a lot.

Being Wight isn’t self-afflicted, you can try to but 99% of the time you’ll end up a lych or worse. There’s no sure ways of becoming Wight. It’s as much randomness as cricomstances that’ll make you one. You aren’t a chosen one nor are you a “mad scientist” that tried to make themselves an immortal undead lord.

In fact this is the only undead transformation that happens without a necromancer or possession of dead bodies by troubled souls.

4 Likes

Ya know since I am a undead king who’s all powerful and is supposed to bring the end times… I’ll name myself Nex. You know when I am not playing as normal self and I’m being a good little undead. Now I just need a demon sword who’s in love with me…

So we have no idea what we’re supposed to do and what our powers are…

7 Likes

Don’t worry someone will tell yous soon. A bit like a not bearded Obi’Wan coming to tell you :“You are the lord of undeath and bringer of a new era of calamities… can I have an autograph ?”

1 Like

I made a small update.
I added a bit to the fight with Asterius, tell me what you think about it.

I promise I’ll work on the typos etc. this weekend.

3 Likes

This is even better!
Knight seems more badass than before

And the powers seem cool (but … Isn’t this set of powers used a lot in games?)

That’s just cosmetic, they will probably not stick if you people think it’s unnecessary, weird or whatever.
As I said before I need feedback so don’t hesitate to tell me.

The only powers you’ll have (at least for now) are prowess, necromancy and presence, beside being a monster interm of raw physical power.

EDIT:
Let’smake a poll :

[spoiler]What do you think about the auras? [poll type=multiple min=1 max=6 public=true]

• Unnecessary
  • Weird
  • Not thematically appropriate enough
  • Good personalization options
  • could be better ?
  • Add a cookie aura.
    [/poll][/spoiler]

What about charisma - presence is good but charisma would be better for manipulation and conniverry, just saying. Unless your meant to slay everyone you talk to.

Charisma is included in presence, as for being a cowa… err cunning fox, that’s surely going to be finesse.

“What ? Seemed like a good plan” said WK with the whole kingdom on fire behind him.

1 Like
  • Coughing a bit of blood before continuing like he din’t just got a beating
    didn’t?

• Or is the wright king just using slang?

• My lunge saved me from the brunt of the blow but the blade still grinded aginst my helmet

• sending it flying
    against

2 Likes

I don’t think I understood what you were trying to tell me :neutral_face:. Care to elaborate ?

I saw din’t but thought it might have just been slang instead of a spelling error.

Powers seem nice … Don’t know if they are needed or not

If they add something cool or @bl00dragon wants them then it’s fine

But … Am I the only one who thinks that an undead Knight with the ability to reshape their limbs would be really cool?
Like doing this!

3 Likes

Yep, I confirm finesse is about approaching matters with cleverness. While brutalty WK is far from an idiot, they prefer to get with matters directly, as result brutalty will tend to make WK blunter in their approach of resolving problems. When a brutalty WK needs to resolve something peacefully they’ll rather intimidate and be direct in their demands, as finesse will use more diplomacy and going around the problems to try and convince their opponents.

I did that on purpose, but how would you say that someone is ignoring their injuries and soldiering onward like nothing happens ? As I said before, you can tell me if you think you have a better wayof wording sentences.

1 Like

As stated in the holy writings of the rule of cool your point is perfectly valid !
I might had a power like that later on.
Though high necromancy will allow you to do something a bit similar.

EDIT:
I like Claymore though I hate the “watermelon-head” effect the characters have.

1 Like

Yeah but I’d rather not be a claymore especially since I like my male bits. Also another reason to not go skeletal.

Whenever I see shape shifting nowadays I always compare them to the Alex Mercer standard.

Necromancy, heals, raises dead, and shapeshifts? Praise the @bl00dragon!
@bl00dragon probably won’t happen often, I have no confidence in my writing.

2 Likes