The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

My school sucked to an amazing degree but your math was better for I think someone said three on tv

2.2 meters is ~7ft 2 inches
1.6 meters is ~5ft 3 inches

3 Likes

thank you for the information

Choose the name Napoleon for your king and you’re good to go :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

He was 5ft 7 so 1.7 meters works
Though I don’t want to jinx my chances given that we are

Summary

Headed north

1 Like

@bl00dragon Since there’s about 50 Wights left, then how many Wight Lords are left when we first meet them and how powerful they?

1 Like

Dark Souls is great, not sure why you named yourself after a penis snake though.

1 Like

5 wight lords, each leads about 10 wights except for Dandelion that acts as a general. Dandelion is not the strongest, but he’s the brain without which they would all be dead-er than they already are. A tactical genius and a ruthless opponent, willing to go to any extreme for victory.

The four others are even older than the Dandelion, the average for each is about a 75% Wight King in term of raw power.

Size doesn’t matter, It’s all about humiliating your opponent. Nods in a sage way.

And I shall name it “Francine”.

The metric is very simple. Since everything is a multiple of everything else, you just need a ruler and you’ll have a good Idea of the size of everything.

Undead Napoléon. Wight emperor of France. Back to kick some ass.

Not the North! Not the North!

9 Likes

I always did the Dark Lord ending…and I was a darkwraith… and he had a mustache.

So size does matter because not only will there be less to hit but they’ll be humiliated more too :blush:

2 Likes

Really interesting story you have here :grin:, can you talk more about the vampire hierarchy in this story and how they seem to operate as a society?

1 Like

It’s at the same time simple and complicated.

Vampiric society relies on an extremelegy rigid caste system.

The lowest of the low are the cattles/servants (depends on the vampire house), they are used as livestock and minions by all the above leeches.

Next are the ‘leeches’ a degenerate kind of vampire, a grave mutation of the curse that creates blood-craving beasts with barely a third of their original human form intellectual ability, they are mostly pets and war beasts, though they are sometime found in a wild much more dangerous form. The leeches also suffer from physical mutations to an incredible degree.

Then the ‘disowned’, also called ‘half-vampires’ or ‘broken’, sometimes instead of a full-fledged vampire, the result of an embrace is a disowned, they look like humans and could easily live among them, they resist the light of the sun and still possess a fraction of their vampiric advantages, their relative weakness and lack of true vampiric powers make them unsuited for battle or politics, instead they are most often used as page, squires or spies.

Next are the ‘regular’ vampire, they are the most vanilla of vampires, they dispose of every advantage of their position and upbringing and have access to most vampiric powers.

Next are the ‘vampire lords’ or ‘domini’, they are vampires having lived long enough to prove their abilities and reach the peak of their power, they are elligible for the overlord position and may embrace without autorization or payment, they also have the unspoken right to command any regular vampire.

Then there is the overlord, each house is ruled by a vampire overlord, or ‘imperum’, they have ALL rights upon their house as long as they prove they are worthy of command, they are almost always monstruously powerful vampires and often rule for several centuries before being displaced, an overlord dictates every aspect of their house they can overrule any tradition they wish to, in exchange they are forbbidden to refuse a challenge from a vampire and cannot refuse their house from holding a vote for a new leader.

Lastly, there are the ‘pure-blooded’, the praetors. The original vampires. They are considered an entirely different race, superior in every aspect to the lowborn vampires. If there was more than about ten of them left in the entire world that is.

Vampires are organized in different houses spread accross the world, sometimes ironically called ‘vintage’, each with their own phylosophy, politics and sometimes even abilities. The houses rarely communicate between each other (after the original schism in the vampire society, they have all gone their seperate way and united only when the vampire race faced its most dire enemies.

Some vampires also chose to live as strays, although they are rare, they are most often those in contact with other nations and races. This lifestyle is dangerous however since they cannot benefit from the protection of their kind and the security of a stable flow of blood.

The main flaw of their society is the complete abscence of a central government (since the events that led to the demise of almost every praetor).

13 Likes

Here is one for you. What would the vampires think and react to this?

Half vampire with only one ability, Vampiric speed and the lifespan of a vampire, managing to hone their ability to at least give a domini slight pause but not enough to make them worry. Strong enough in thier one gift to put fear into regular vampire. Having no allegence to man or vampire but respectful enough To live by leave me alone I do the same.

1 Like

When I think of “half vampires”, I (naturally) think of Blade. shrug

1 Like

Depends which house and which vampire. For example, one of them would ‘sponsor’ you while another would just want to kill you as an abomination getting ahead of itself. A disowned living as a stray with such power would have no trouble at all. Enhanced speed is an incredibly powerful ability, especially with the right weapons and training.

A disowned trained as an assassin with enhanced speed is a real nightmare even for overlords. One thing I didn’t mentioned is that disowned are VERY hard to detect, they have a very subtle aura. Now imagine a disowned assassin hiding out of sight of the vampire with a weapon enchanted with anything that works against vampires, it would be a free one-hit kill.

In general, vampires are uncomfortable with powerful disowned, to them it’s simply a blasphemy and most vampires barely tolerate the disowned as they are.

That’s slang with no other purpose but to insult them. Real half-vampires would be far more terrifying and monstruous. If even one of them existed, it would break everything in which they believe.

7 Likes

Would vampires in general dislike being ruled by a Wight King and how close are the Praetors and Imperium to The Wight King’s power.

So it’s advantage it has going for it is speed and respectful attitude. I take it then that lone ability might just give more than a little pause then from a domini given it has no allegiances to any one house. How well off could it survive with a house trying to kill it if it has that kind of gift and as you said ability to not easily be detected. Could it do serious damage to a house once it realizes they are not gonna leave them alone and respond in kind?

1 Like

Once again it would depend which vampire you speak of. Some were downright monsters to rival papa Dracula himself.

Like sweet Eli.

Castlevania’s Dracula as a praetor would be easily on the level of a wight lord.

How do you fight an enemy with greater number and bigger guns? Guerilla tactics. What do you require to succesfully apply those tactics? Speed and stealth. It would be a massacre if the house was to set off on a hunt after this one. And the birth of a legend.

5 Likes

So we would have a slight edge on power against them that’s nice to know and I feel if we get an empire I would have them in charge of remote regions where they have could rule how they wish to keep on there good side

Forgot I could edit

Can vampires become other things like bat and what not

1 Like

Since Vampires are separated in houses do they wage war against each other? or do they have rules to prevent a war between houses?

Also are there any Necromancers that could possibly rival a Wight lord?

Wait, have we met vampires in the game yet?