The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

Lmao this forum is too funny! All the door kicking is too intense! :laughing:

2 Likes

We seriously can be character like that as well?!!

1 Like

Yes! Darth Vader is one of my favorite villains. There will definitely be some reference at least to him.

1 Like

Yaaaay!!! I myself always a big fan of him from he still innocent child to the “more machine than man” Darth Vader!:grin:(even he already death​:pensive:). I now somewhat looking forward to be Dark Lord more now… sigh deeply

1 Like

Lawful evil?

15 Likes

You have implemented all the suggestions you have got. From more finesse, cleaning your armor, having the women ask your name. You listen to us readers.

Amazing. I look forward to see the product of this in the future.

5 Likes

When we raise the dead, do they retain their personality? I know mob characters (random nameless zombies) are the norm for raised dead, but can we pick when to keep their ego?

Like if a local lord or duke is about to die of sickness or old age, we kill them and bring them back in exchange for their loyalty. Efficent expansion, and garenteed loyalty (they betray, they loose immortality).

3 Likes

Whether they retain their personality or not depends on the strength of their soul and how much mana the caster allocates to the spell. A strong soul will always retain their personality, but the bulk of the army will be mostly robots with no personality of their own ,at least, for now,.

People that rise to power will often have a strong soul, because reigning over something in this universe aks much out of the lord and being weak is nearly unnacceptable for any kind of ruler. Weak rulers don’t last long in a world like this one.

2 Likes

So ruling the world is a few kills and inconspicuous undead replacements away?

3 Likes

Plan A poisin all the lords of the land, Resurrect them they keep there lands just have you as their defacto lord above them

1 Like

It’s not that simple. You can kill and replace a lord without major trouble, few would notice. But the more important rulers out there? Hells no.

For further reference, you must remember that this world is downright huge, and so is the continent. Arkadia itself(which is a young and small country) is roughly the twice the size of France(at least for now, I’ll have to see how coherent this is later).

The higher-ups are all end-game bosses. The actual kaiser of Blitzlandhe could take half of your generals alone all against one, and he’s far from alone, each principal ruler has an enormous army of people ready to lay down their lives for them, followed by incredibly skilled individuals to lead them, even higher there’s the generals and other close company of the lord which are most of the time real badasses and then the rulet themselve.

Taking over this world is damn difficult, main reason why even the good ol’ empire of doors in the middle of the country didn’t manage to do it. Even without the fact that if you became too much of a threat all the other countries would put aside their differences to come wreck your sorry ass for disturbing them in their attempt to take over the world themselves.

6 Likes

The trouble with undeads that rettain their personality is that you’ll never have full control over them and their actions.

As long as you have the ability to control them slightly and they are aware your the reason they got to live and that they get their lands its all good. they may not be your slaves but influence is their maybe just take only a few soldiers, pesants and maybe a .5% tax on thier land, they can do what they want with the land besides those donations.
If they try to fight you, you have some force over them so it would make it harder for them to fight you.

And of course should they be really belligerent im sure its not your fault if the Templar and a certain adjudicator get a anonymous tip of a Lich Controlling said lands…

1 Like

XD
The Wight King becomes an indicator for the templars, that’s rich.

The good thing with being an undead overlord is that you don’t need money, only mana.

True But money may hold sway over your human minions, Spies, Mercs, And Non Undead Soldiers.
A entirely Undead army sounds like a Paladin or holy mans dream.

[details=undead Head exploding comic]
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/e1/73/f8/e173f83d3a1b306beb9f827aa804bff7.jpg[/details]

No one wants to lose their lands because they forgot to have people immune to Clerics and Paladins.:smirk:

5 Likes

It would be nice to be the other option to the church and super powers. Being the undead Wight King, smaller nations and lords don’t not have to always bend to larger powers when the option to join you exists. Even if they dont, causing internal friction in the other powers can only help distract them from you as you grow.

While not proposing an alternative religion, offering an out to those chaffing under the faith can further destabilize opponents, and gain friends. As an undead walking horror, I can only imagine the church is not your fan.

Even the Protestant faith took off in Germany so quickly early on because of German lords wanting more control over local religion (England too), and deciding not to fight it. That was on the side of major disputes in doctrine.

3 Likes

Ah, true, though there’s undead that are not as weak to light magic as the others. And most of templars foot soldiers are barely able to turn their hand into flashlights. Only the stronger templars(from the officer rank) are able to call onto the light.

I didn’t thought about that, since I figured most humans wouldn’t want to work for an undead, but there’s still some that would accept.

Even a powerful templar would be in great trouble should they be swarmed by undeads. Mana can be drained very fast if you have to fight back too much enemies, and when you don’t have any mana left… the undeads will bleed you dry so that you join their ranks.

1 Like

“The church” is an institution of the Empire(so not quite loved by the other countries such as Blitzlandhe or Nevarra), first established as a further mean of control over its citizens, most other country have their own religion or not at all. Many Arkadian templars believe into the religion but it is not a requirement to join them, and the church’s power has dwindled a lot with the Empire crumbling on itself.

Minor lords will either try to secure an alliance with a greater lord to protect themselves from you, or try their chance with you, it will also depends on how you interact with the humans.

By the way, I already said that before I believe but… The gods are no longer, to the last of them, though most humans don’t know that.

2 Likes

This brings to mind the question of being able to detect undead if they can, a well placed human assassin could down the powerful officer from afar while they are destracted and would be less noticeable.
Bait the officers with small numbers of undead covertly and BAM! Dead templar

Many advantages of having a few elite non-undead mixed in your ranks with the promise of gold ale and freedom from the undead hord when the lands become yours [quote=“bl00dragon, post:881, topic:21293”]
Minor lords will either try to secure an alliance with a greater lord to protect themselves from you, or try their chance with you, it will also depends on how you interact with the humans.
[/quote]
A offer of staying your undead from their lands the option to name drop the wigh king as a ally instead of overlord.
A percentage of recovered wealth of captured lands provided they are good and loyal allies. A seat at the table in your future domain

1 Like

I already have the Dystopiana world set up. Undead handle everything to do with producing goods, that way the people are happy, with many, many laws… no freedom, monitored… And forced blood donations… oh and their corpses shall go toward build a door.

3 Likes