The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

yeah I loved the system in samurai of hyuga

(Psycho)
I turned the door’s handle and then kicked the door!!!

14 Likes

i have a question What is the most powerful metal in this world and i was thinking that maybe you could get an endgame version of the weapon you took.

we should focus less on weapons tbh more on the game itself. the weapon should be just a feature

5 Likes

(Me) sighs; kills everyone and opens the door herself having had enough of watching the dramatics.

3 Likes

Kicking the door down is fun! It’s the in thing now! :joy:

1 Like

i dont remember if this has been asked but in this universe is necromancy inherently evil or can mages,witches use it without fear of persecution?

its already been asked everyone hates necromancy they will cut your guts out for practicing that shit

11 Likes

Yeah. I don’t think most people feel much fondness for people who could potentially use their or their loved ones’ corpses as fodder.

(I don’t know why I found Wonderfulcarpet’s blunt reply to be funny.)

2 Likes

Everyone hates the ‘undeath’ side of necromancy, but it’s only one aspect of the necromancy, necromancy can be used to heal as well as it can be used to kill. Through the control of death you have a measure of control upon life. Necromancy is viewed as a darker path, but as any other school of magic, it can be used as much for good as for evil. Most would view a necromancer as evil, but many others pass judgement not on your powers but how you use them.

Necromancers have always been outcasts, because of the taboo that accompany their art, but then again all mages are viewed with circumspection by most of the uneducated masses. Magic is as a sword, you can raise to do harm, or to protect.

Necromancers are often missunderstood, because people are often blind but to their own convictions.

A tool can never be evil in itself, as always, it comes down to how you choose to use it. And on perspective.

5 Likes

Aaaaaannnnnnnndddd quoted. Your mistakes shall never be forgotten.

It’s all a matter of perspective really.

Is it because of religion again? Darn religion, always getting in my way :anger: Are they the ones who decided it’d be lych?!

2 Likes

It’s always a matter of perspective.

It is both because of religions and the fact that mankind always had trouble to tolerate those they consider as ‘the others’.

Curse you villain!
(the worst is that I hesitated when I typed misunderstood.)

2 Likes

how would necromancy do that?

Necromancy has diverse specializations, the most obvious healers would be the fleshweavers, but they are somewhere between blood magic and necromancy, necromancers specialized into souls can convert a sliver of the wounded’s soul to accelerate natural regeneration but it’s dangerous for the soul and requires chirurgical precision to achieve correctly, regular powerful necromancers can use deathlock to forbbid death for some time and let the body heal on its own or with external help but it doesn’t always work. Also, something I’ve thought about long ago, but I’ve forgotten.

Also, most necromancers have one healing spell or two just in case. Mages rarely think so higly of themselves that they won’t learn at least some low-level healing/support spells. It’s nice to throw fireballs but it doesn’t protect you from taking a blade in the face.

2 Likes

Quoted!

Isn’t that what clerics are for? Shields and healing.[quote=“bl00dragon, post:1240, topic:21293”]
blood magic and necromancy
[/quote]

They’re different?

2 Likes

Slightly. Most necromancers learn a bit of blood magic because it’s always useful. [quote=“Dark_Stalker, post:1241, topic:21293”]
Isn’t that what clerics are for? Shields and healing.
[/quote]

It’s not a domain that only they have access to, But they are the best at it. Most of today’s clerics prefer light/heaven/sky magic though, those youngsters, they always go for the flashier things.

1 Like

blood magic in D&D are considered a branch of necromancy but at time can be considered magic of a compleatly different of magic like in Dragon age

1 Like

I was mostly asking since @bl00dragon’s necromancy seemed to control your body.

1 Like

I’ll need to write down in stone all of these things one day…

Necromancy is a broad term when referring to what it can do. Blood magic and necromancy are different but they share some principles, when people say necromancy which is the control over the dead, they also refer to death magic, a part of soul manipulation and blood magic. So it’s confusing. I may be contradicting myself sometimes.

I’ll try making it clearer.
So necromancy’s domain are:
-death (death spells of all kind, vital energy manipulation, etc.)
-soul (reanimation, soul harvesting, using soul as energy, , etc.)
-blood (body manipulations, blood manipulation, rituals, etc.)

I think that’s all, or I’ve forgotten an aspect.

7 Likes

On the subject of soul harvesting, can we only harvest the soul of the fallen? Sure, lighting bolt, fire ball, ice shard, whathaveyou and what not are awesome, but imagine how cool (and practical) it is to just rip your enemy’s soul out from their body, not to mention the cleaner kill it gives.

1 Like