The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

Everyone will have to learn to dance though … I dunno… is that ruthless? :wink:

1 Like

Hmmm i wonder how will be my MC when i will finish maxing his madness stat…i can’t wait! :relaxed:

1 Like

Eh, I think inviting them to a dance party is pretty compassionate of an overlord. They smell you know? Particularly the zombies, I guess the vampire must smell a little of dust and old granny clothings too XD.

Ohohoh. We got a candidate.

4 Likes

I’d want all the ghosts dancing like that one movie.

2 Likes

Oh mighty @bl00dragon , regale me with a story of a theatrical-pragmatic overlord…

1 Like

ego swelling to critical point

These are more complicated, they will make thing big and aim to impress, but at the same time, they make sure they win in the end. I’s hard to explain, the differences are more visible in-game. Especially when all three stats will influence each other.

I think that a theatrical pragmatic is a bit like Darth Vader. Probably.

5 Likes

Now im not sure if you are adding Death Knights but if you are 1:how were they born/created and 2:like in wow are they able to choose runes on there weapon/body to enhance their abilities?

:expressionless:
Why would I plagiarize warcraft? I don’t have death knights.

1 Like

But will there be Dead Knights tho? Get it? Dead Knights!
I’m gonna show myself out now

4 Likes

:expressionless:

11 Likes

I’d like to keep my skin, thank you very much.[quote=“bl00dragon, post:1212, topic:21293”]
ego swelling to critical point
[/quote]

:hammer:[quote=“bl00dragon, post:1212, topic:21293”]
I think that a theatrical pragmatic is a bit like Darth Vader. Probably.
[/quote]

I’ll be killing younglings and trying to get to the high ground? “From my point of view the humans are evil!” And a few missing limbs.

You were supposed to destroy the undead not join them!

5 Likes

So, I’ve finished a temporary description for all weapons. What do you think about them?

#I weighed the mace in my hand, considering it’s crushing power.
The mace nearly felt light in my hand, that explained my surprise when taking a small swing with it threw me off. Trying again, I planted my feet in the ground before swinging it once again, stopping mid-flight as the mace created a concussive shock with a clapping sound, the metal resonating slightly.

I knew what it was, a metal nicknamed ‘gravitium’, its very particular property made it the ultimate material for blunt weapons. While extremely light when left alone it becomes, yet when swung its weigh increases exponentially, far more than conventional metal, and accumulates kinetic energy which is released upon impact in these concussive shocks.

I just got my hands on one of the deadliest mace in the world.

#I lifted the greataxe, passing it from hand to hand, beholding the strength of it’s blade.
Even for a relic, it was made of one of the most durable metal I’ve ever seen, and its edge was sharpened to the point it could easily cleave a hair in twain. Swinging experimentally with it, I could hear an unusual sound of resonating metal, indeed, the metal resonated with the every movement, I had heard of such blades before but never seen one. The vibration of the metal’s rigidity and the form of the blade which creates vibration every time its subjected to any kind of force. The effect was that instead of one big cleaving wing, you have a big swing that repeats itself during impact making the blade able to penetrate normal materials like a hot knife through butter, and able to dig into equivalent materials thanks to the repetition of impacts upon it.

The effect is both deadly and terrifying for the enemy, the lound resonating sound it makes when swung strikes fear easily into the enemy, and the sight of it cutting through nearly anything without any real effort is usually enough to rout those with the brains to tell their armor won’t protect them.

#I took the surprisingly light greatsword in my hand, flourishing a bit both to show off and hear the song of it’s blade cleaving the air.
And a song it was, such a blade was very rare as only a few elven smiths still knows how to make such weapons.

A blade of a metal called ‘songsteel’ by the elves, a meteoric metal, said to be infused with the power of the sky. Whether it was true or not, the facts do not lie, the blade ‘sings’ with every sudden move, making crystalline metallic sounds. Its second effect is as impressive as it is hard to explain, the sounds it produce seems to liquefy anything the blade touches while singing. While not as quick and impressive as it sounds, it still greatly deteriorates equipments and inflicts internal damages regardless of if it did penetrate the skin, therefore, even the slightest scratch from such a weapon can do some serious damages because of hemorragies, also wound inflicted with are very hard to heal be it by magic or natural regeneration, in fact a victim that isn’t treated is most likely to die of bloodloss.

It is however most efficient on flesh and other organic substances, while it can pierce armors it it best used against unarmored enemies.

I also noticed the runes running along its blade, they gave of a sense of power, but most of all a sense of grandeur. While holding the blade I felt more willfull and assured, like nothing could stand in my way.

It was truly a magnificient and deadly weapon, that well-earned its second nickname the ‘requiem blades’.

#I raised the glaive, calculating its reach and its deadly curved blade.
Such weapons were originally possessed only by elves, but its efficiency made it popular to warriors of other races, even though it’s still pretty rare to see one. The long, elegant schaft gave both reach and versatility to the weapon, the butt of the schaft was usually equipped so that it could be fitted with whatever the soldier chose, a second blade, blunt head, weights, chain, a schaft extension etc. This one was the same, but possessed no attachment and looked like regular attachments would not fit, I’d need to find special attachment or order one to an elven blacksmith, and I have neither in my inventory.

However, this was not any glaive, that kind of blades have nearly entirely disappeared today. The blade had a shine to it that didn’t lie, its reflections shifting with the light in a way only liquid metal can. The usage of liquid seems an abherration today, but it comes from pools of filled with this extremely dangerous liquid, it must have took centuries to figure a way to forge it, I wonder why they even tried, but in the end, either by a mad stroke of genius, or luck, they managed. Of course magic is at work there, through masterfull smithing and enchanting the elves managed to forge lqiuid blades from this metal, the magic force it to keep its form, and for whatever reasons, it cuts more than any other blades, there’s few things that can stop the blade, its perforating properties being uncanny as they are.
The blade is able to expand and retract, like a liquid scalpel that could saw it’s way through anything. Oh, and if that wasn’t enough, the metal is poisonous to most living creatures, if the metal is not expunged from the body, they become sick and slowly suffer an agonizing death.

Aside from that, the glaives carry a form of elegance and authority. It is a noble weapon that commends respect and fear, especially with a liquid blade. I’ll definetely be more persuasive with that by my side.

I couldn’t say I understood how it actually worked, I don’t think even the creators of these things actually know either. But I had my hand on one of the deadliest weapon in the world, definetely worth considering.

#I chose the scythe, whirling it around making great circles with its reaping edge.
Hefting the weapon by its graceful long curved handle, I marvelled at this weapon of exception, to the last small detail was studied to be perfect, the angle of both blade and handle calculated to make the most of the dangerous blade, the blade was double-edged, and continued a bit along the handle so that a foe cannot go between the blade and you.

Beside being a masterful work, the blade was of a slightly shimmering metal, covered with runes its length equivalent to the distance between my sternum and the ground, an hindblade complimenting to this length. Such a blade could cut right through most less noble materials, and had a strange resonance with me. As I held it, I felt strangely more attuned to death, figures, it’s the dark reaper’s weapon after all.

Truly exceptional, I shall strike fear in the enemy with such a blade at my side.

By the way, each weapons have its own ability, like the shock for the mace.

And just because I’m curious, which is your favorite?

• The sword, those irregular weapons are so yesterday
  • The glaive, the longer the better as they say
  • The mace, when you have a big hammer, eveything looks like nails
  • The scythe, I’ve goth reputation to maintain
  • And my axe!
0 voters
4 Likes

Thanks for sharing your weapon descriptions. Inspiring words. I like the descriptions of them all, although the axe is the only weapon for my Wright Queen - unless a Rapier makes an appearance soon. :heartbeat:

Your imagery is well developed for each weapon in a realistic way that those like me can still believe in it.

2 Likes

Thank you, I tried my best to make them seem realistic(and powerful), despite the liquid blade of the glaive for example. XD

I do like making things believable too. Of course there’s some suspension of disbelief necessary, but it’s fantasy after all. And I think it’s necessary to strike a balance between the realistic and the impossible in that kind of fiction.

I think I’ll had a rapier despite my initial reluctance. The rapier wielding characters can go hang themselves. :smirk:
Though it’ll be more a very thin straight double-edged ‘sword’ than a rapier. Oh wait, rapier actually became like that later, because only stabbing was not enough. I think so at least.

2 Likes

Ya, there are different types of rapier. An Epee type of Rapier is what is thought of in most people’s minds when they say “Rapier” but there are multiple types - even in the Olympics today.

1 Like

Yeah, I saw, that’s the only thing I watch during the olympics.

I know there’s sabre, fleuret and epée(which in french are all different from the actual rapier). But I think the standard military rapiers became bladed.

1 Like

Ya the Sabre is what you are looking for : [quote] The sabre differs from the other modern fencing weapons, the épée and foil, in that it is possible to score with the edge of the blade; for this reason, sabreur movements and attacks are very fast. [/quote]

I watched my country in this too. We did well (for America)

You can even use a full on cavalry sabre instead if it bothers you that the three others have rapiers. Our Wright would be able to use that with both brutal bludgeoning and sticking the pointy edge into things :wink:

3 Likes

Also, did anyone use madness specific options yet?

You mean the enjoy option after the slaughter? Yes.

2 Likes

Maybe I need to make the choices and variations a bit more obvious, at least the variations, because they may be too subtle. As they are not indicated by anything, some may have missed the fact that their stats changed the scenes.

I think doing that for the choices might be a bit too much, but I can give a little indictation a la samurai of hyuga for example:

(brutality)
I kicked the door open.

(finesse)
I turned the door’s handle like any civilized person would.

7 Likes