The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

Pushes Shoggoth down a cliff into the maws of pet leviathan

11 Likes

Where can I sign up for my own Leviathan pet?
Cant wait to see what out first minion thinks of wight Knights

@a_shoggoth Just wow

4 Likes

I just noticed the pun. Jump down the cliff too. :neutral_face:

We’ll see, it’ll depend on how Dandelion will behave. XD

2 Likes

I’ve been reading the title of this game wrong since I first played it. I just realized it’s The Wight King, not The Wight Knight. :sweat:

3 Likes

I did that to when this first started. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It took me 8 days to figure out that isn’t the title😑

4 Likes

XD
Welp, the wight knights will come soon after all. But you, you are the King!
Still better than people that call it the Wright King.
Sends an accusating glare DarkStalker’s way

4 Likes

pfft who needs to be an undead wight king ill turn myself into a demon king and call it The Burning Legion :grinning:

2 Likes

@bl00dragon since I’m too lazy to think one up. [Insert witty response to your post here]

3 Likes

You say lych, I’ll say Wright.

1 Like

It’s a deal then.
http://i.onionstatic.com/avclub/5263/49/16x9/960.jpg

6 Likes

Everyone knows the only good deals with Flanders the devil are the ones that keep you of of hell.

I need a trap hole in front of the throne. And a rancor. Or an exceedingly complicated death trap that’s likely to fail.

5 Likes

No, it’s the ones that have plenty of loopholes for you to abuse.

3 Likes

Any of bond’s Villains traps ever…

1 Like

Can we have the option choice to pull something from the overlord list? Something to add a bit of 4th wall story bounce. Personally like the “torture in a local hotel over inner sanctum”. Just sprinkled through the story and be delighted to find.

List link:
http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html

2 Likes

Your theatricality and idealism will change some scenes into more or less cliché situation, being theatrical will make you take your time, do things big and do them in an impressive way, while being blunt will make you impatient to such nonsense and act directly instead of taking some kind of convoluted plan villains often use for maximum effect, being idealist will make you able to take foolish actions in accordance to whatever ideals you want to hold, while pragmatics will be more no-nonsense making sure they win in the end.

So a theatrical-idealist wight king will tend to be able to act more like a cliché antagonist, and do stupid things for the sake of doing them. Like throwing your enemy from a cliff far into the tempetuous sea, instead of making sure they are dead.

These will also be balanced on your ruthlessness, it’s not really a ‘evil’ meter as being ruthless doesn’t make you evil in the general sense. A dastardly villain that would betray everything to ensure victory? Yes. But it’s madness that will make you evil in the base definition of the term.

Why? Because when you start tearing innocent peasant’s limbs and beat him to death with it, while his family is watching obivously, and leave only tears, blood and ashes in your wake, destruction without meaning or goal, maybe, maybe it’s not mere ruthlessness anymore, but pure anadultered, vicious, malicious, insane, takes a breath and pause to drink a cup of water, sadism.

Even a ruthless king has their limits. But when you start to give in to the insanity, you’ll kick right through those limits. It’ll will be gradual though, having a small amount of insanity will make you eviler and act into more extreme way but not completely unsalvageable. For example, having 20% is going to make you able to take extreme actions like brutally slaughtering or torturig innocents for the example, but you won’t be genociding with a smile on your face yet.

Though obviously, being ruthless will also make you generally more evil. For example, shielding yourself behind a basket of kittens when someone is pointing the doom ray of doom at you(you monster).

To summarize, your stats will decide how cliché you can be or not be. So of course there will be tropes, but there will be more or less depending on how you play.

P.S. Forgot to talk about humanity. Being more monstruous means that you will be much colder as an individual and start acting less and less human, while beggining to see yourself as apart from them and see them as mere insects, mere numbers. You will also have a lesser grip on what’s left of your humanity, this may lead to some… changes.

13 Likes

Following what that list says would take all the fun out of being an evil overlord.:expressionless:

1 Like

Then don’t. In the end, it’s your choice to make. Whatever you decide to do in the game, play the way you want to play.

3 Likes

I would like to be humane to my supporters and followers but ruthless to my enemies.

I don’t mean torture for no reason or killing an entire city if they refuse to surrender but taking the eyes and hands of a rebel general would be what would be expected.

I’d want to support my followers by being generous and forgiving to them… maybe everyone else will learn to leave me and mine alone so we can grow and prosper. I’d love to take over the entire Spine of the world and make the mountains my domain.

1 Like

The ruthless stat will cover mostly your general way of handling problems. There will be other stats for how you act with different faction[quote=“Eiwynn, post:1205, topic:21293”]
I don’t mean torture for no reason or killing an entire city if they refuse to surrender but taking the eyes and hands of a rebel general would be what would be expected.
[/quote]

Yeah, as long as you stay reasonable, you won’t delve into madness, much. Maybe just a bit, because it’s also a part of the game.

Being too generous will make you compassionate, but enacting just retribution in case of failure without being unnecesarily cruel will keep you in the ruthless zone. For example, if one of your generals fails, you can forgive him completely(compassionate +ultra), forgive him with an oath to come back victorious if he wants redemption(compassionate), chastise him with words(neutral), light but just punishment to remind him of the consequencies shall he fail a second time(ruthless), heavy punishment for the example(ruthless +ultra), and… “You have failed me for the last time admiral!”

There will be relationship stats for every faction, and a stat that keeps track of how you act with some of them.

6 Likes