The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

But…

I guess even Kings must dress properly… can I at least go out in my night clothes and pajamas?

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly approve of that sythe, and the axe you chose from earlier.

1 Like

Now why wasn’t that in Bloodborne?

3 Likes

I don’t know why either.
It would’ve been a cool weapon.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more, I like weapons that actually looks like it make sense and can be use in combat. Fancy weapons might be cool at first glance, but when you think about it you’ll probably stab yourself in the face of you try to use them. Function over form.

3 Likes

Don’t know if it’s been suggested yet but what about a spear of some kind? For the finesse weapon I mean.

A glaive is basically a spear tipped with a curved blade.
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/decorative-glaive-red-ribbon-white-57546357.jpg

I’ve thought about making it finesse only.

7 Likes

I feel like for honour may have influenced your decision cough Nobushi cough

1 Like

Nah, the nobushi have a naginata :stuck_out_tongue:

I designed the in-game glaive before For Honor was even out.

2 Likes

Rapier still is my preference - scythes put me in the mind of all the Dance of Death woodcuts from the Middle Ages -in other words a frail Skeleton of Death reaping sickly and diseased people… bleh and Spears (including Nobushi) put me in the mind of the Comic Samurai Warrior … another huge bleh to me.

Finesse is about execution and form not being able to rwirl a giant baton in a parade like a band leader. (imo. ymmv)

1 Like

this is the only thread that talks about weapons so casually, YAY!!!

anyway, long range weapon how about a longbow? its a classic and it has class like the ones from Avatar.

1 Like

Oh yesss i wanna look elegant and fearsome! Make people awe and fear me! mwahahahhaha :smiling_imp:

Or something like this(to accommodate the wight kings inhuman strength)?

4 Likes

dude, that weapon is Killing it for me right now, I mean, it would suit me just fine and I can imagine golden glowing arrows pointing straight at me as if calling me to chose it if the author ever decides to shoot it into their weapons bucket and make it a choice.

(beat that 4 puns my friends, just try :grin:!)

2 Likes

I would try but would most likely fail. Thus I will bow to your skill (I’m sorry, I gave it a shot at least).

4 Likes

I’m not sure about adding a long-range weapon. Because most strong enemies will be close-range fighters.
Also, every weapon has its own advantages that will make them useful in certain situation. For example, the mace will make breaking things that are a little too solid far easier.

And to balance the bow with the other weapons will be hard.

7 Likes

Don’t remind me of Hawkeye Gough, still feel bad for (stabbing) the poor sod.

@Eiwynn And Naginata is a pretty cool weapon, fairly versatile, lightweight and can be graceful as heck in the right hand. Though it does have a few stigma (not sure if thats the right word) associated with it. Mainly that it’s a weapon for women and a certain disreputable sect of monks

6 Likes

Yeah, I never understood where did that came from. It’s a shame since it’s a really good weapon.

Samurai women were supossed to die defending their homes… this was their weapon.

and because it is supposed to be a “woman’s” weapon I resent it more, speaking as a woman. its not cool to me. sorry.

2 Likes

I knew that part, but it doesn’t explain how it’s a ‘woman’s weapon’. Ah, medieval people, thanks for reminding us how stupid humans can be. As if we weren’t reminded of that every day anyway.

Gender restrictions for weapons were dumb obviously, gender restrictions for anything are dumb.

3 Likes