The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

Seems interesting, good luck

2 Likes

One of the few wips that I can read 10x back to back an still not get tired of reading it love ur stuff man keep up the good work brother :+1:t5::ok_hand:t5:

2 Likes

I think wight king was made after I got what Wights are monster from a dead human but they have live of humans soul that on

I’ve reached 20k words in Shattered’s demo. I expect 3000 more to be needed to finish it. We’re seeing the end of it guys!

All of it would surely need heavy reworking before being a proper demo. But because I and everyone else really are getting sick of waiting, I think i’m going to release an ‘alpha’ version to get some feedback early. I think I work much better when I actually have feedback to help me.

This alpha would probably still be open for everyone on this thread, but I don’t think I’ll make Shattered’s own thread yet. Not until I deem it truly ready. So, I’ll probably host it here for now, or create private pm on the side that everyone wanting to talk about Shattered could join by asking me.

90% of the demo is finished, so what it needs the most is polishing and a trademark cliffhanger before release.

What do you think?

13 Likes

Yeah sounds good to keep shattered here untill it gets more meat on its bones
and its litterally unplayable without trademark cliffhanger

2 Likes

5 Likes

Needs more cliffs, and edgy elves

I think that it

I’d be happy to see it if it’s a private pm (though I’m adjusting to college and work life)

So it’s a prequel, how will I live without Bob? Or bob? Or BOB?

4 Likes

Sounds good. Looking forward to playing it :slight_smile: When you say 90% of the demo is finished, do you mean 90% of the full game or just the portion of it for the demo?

1 Like

It would be open to anyone that wants to help me improve the game. If I go with this, all you’ll have to do is ask.

Screams hysterically in second year of college
I know the feeling. XD

Wish I could. XD

This. I just need to write the final scene of the chapter.

You will gather many steves during your quest. Maybe they will soothe your pain.

Never enough cliffs. Wait… there’s always the world-cleaving sword. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

When are elves not edgy tho? XD

4 Likes

never

looks off into distance dramatically

3 Likes

Needs a Spontaneous Fade To Black Mid Sentence somewhere in there.

1 Like

At least it’s free right now, though eating has been a problem lately, because my food money has turned into bus money and I have to get up early enough that I can’t cook something (Not that there’s much food in the first place) .

When they shave their ears?

Faulty Bobs. At least give me a John.

Oh that reminds me in Fate Stay-

4 Likes

Just wondering are you going to have a private beta for all future demos or will every future demo be public?

1 Like

I guess it depends on the state of the demo. And on how confident I am about this particular story.

I’m not a fan of the idea of putting my work off-limit to a part of the readers, so that’s unlikely to happen unless I really don’t feel confident about it.

At some point, every of my demo will be public no matter what, at least to a certain point. But maybe in the future the way I do things will change, I can’t tell.

3 Likes

Damn. It’s been two weeks already? XD

I’ve continued working on it during what time I could take away from studying, and I’m at about 25000 words. There’s really only the ending of the demo left for me to write. Then as soon as I finish the demo’s content I’m going to release it and improve the writing afterward, because it’s going to go much quicker with your feedback to help.

5 Likes

Don’t lie, you were playing Spider Man like everyone else right?

2 Likes

I got you my dude

edit: Just realized how old that post was RIP lol

2 Likes

Cries in no ps4

I hate exclusivities.

Still counts. XD

5 Likes

I just have one thing to say (spoilers!):

A CEMETERY OF BLADES!! <3

I love this game so far, can’t wait to see where it’s headed.

1 Like

Since I’m going to release Shattered’s demo pretty soon, could a moderator tell me if it would be better to let people post here and make the thread a “Wight King and (temporarily) Shattered” thread. Or would it be better to keep the discussion on another thread?

@Eiwynn or anyone?

1 Like