The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

The less armour the more powerful my Queen will be :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Can the Wight King reproduce?

2 Likes

With this one being dead for possibly long time you might need to mix it with water for a chance to have some use

1 Like

My dark elves are kinda different. They are a very pragmatic people, to them power is everything, they always strive to profit at every occasion. They have a very stratified and autoritarian society, but also one of the most free in the world. In their society, anyone with enough ambition and talent can rise, while the weak and meek are left as servants. They have cities across all the world, and tunnel networks rivaling the dwarves’(often stolen) enabling them to strike anywhere with swiftness. Their ruthlessness and unpredactibility make them a threat to most kingdoms, but most of those kingdoms would rather not have to fight the dark elves, especially when any neighbouring kingdom could strike them in the back.

Those are not uploaded anymore, I should take out the options until they are ready.

The short answer is no.

I agree, who needs armour anyway? :japanese_goblin:

9 Likes

Are there other types of elves in your world?

1 Like

But why? All or our organs seems to be functioning just fine! Well, maybe, we haven’t tested the digestive system yet, haven’t eaten anything in the new demo or the old one. So maybe it’s magic related?

3 Likes

You seem to forget we are undead

Can undead have sex then? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

We can still see, we can still move and feel, that means our muscles and nerves are still working.

We can still bleed, we can still regenerate, that means our blood is still flowing (or there’s still some kind of circulatory system) and cells are still able to divide.

This points out that whatever sexual organ we have should still work and is still capable of reproduction.

Hell, from what I’ve seen, we’re undead in name only. No rotten stench, no decaying body parts…nothing to indicate that we’re ever dead.

4 Likes

Except for this little fact disproving what you said

2 Likes

I was thinking about it too, whether there will be romance in the game or not. If you can’t have sex you’d probably not feel attraction/love either so a romance would be impossible altogether. But then in the game Divinity Original Sin 2 you could romance an undead skeleton and even have sex so who knows

3 Likes

That’s the key. To be a Wight King you need to be dead, but nothing says that the Wight King is dead. You could say that being dead is the catalyst for the transformation.

I’m not saying that we’re not an undead, since obviously we’ve come back from the dead, I’m saying that there’s no biological differences between us and the living.

3 Likes

Other than extremely enhanced strength, dark magical stuff, and a horrible darkness that wants to take control of your mind there are absolutely no differences. Oh wait, I forgot about the fact that we can supposedly survive being cut into pieces.

1 Like

Ah, sarcasm…I love it. (No, it wasn’t a counter-sarcasm, I really do love it.)

But seriously though, besides the supernatural stuff, all the things listed are just enhanced capability…enhanced strength, enhanced speed, enhanced regeneration. I still stand by my point that there’s no biological differences between us and the living.

2 Likes

I can imagine the dark elves looking like this

5 Likes

Well there is the ability to live in a tomb for years without suffocating or getting hungry/thirsty too

1 Like

There could be, from what i’ve seen from the demo we haven’t done a lot, and there are a lot of perks and disadvantages that undeads have, for example infertility, control or lack of emotions, susceptible to holy/light, immunity to mind control/madness/illusions/other mind affecting abilities that are not holy/light, being mind controlled by a stronger undead, unable to eat/drink/sleep/dream, rotting, almost truly unkillable unless burned to ashes or by holy/light, etc.

Some of these perks and disadvantages exist or not depending on the lore and some of those disadvantages can be avoided by stronger undeads for example a Lich, or just not being affected by some of them like rotting or inability to eat/drink/etc.

I personally like it when undeads have some differences with the living, so i don’t mind that the mc is infertile while still being able to have sex if mc wishes to.

3 Likes

Yes. Dark elves, high elves and wood elves are the main elven races of this world. All three ‘races’ initially come from the same people though, the dark elves were corrupted by demonic influence and the wood elves are the descendants of exiles, renegades, bandits and all matter of people the high elves didn’t want around a long time ago.

The humans call them elves, but they call themselves ‘kyne’, high elves are Elykyne, dark elves are Malkyne and wood elves are Wildekyne.

Beside those three most proeminent kind of elves, it’s still possible to find isolated elven groups that have evolved in different ways than their cousins.

It’s not so simple, you have nearly perfect control over your body, if you concentrate you can stop your breathing and even your heartbeat for as long as you focus on that. Unlike most undead, the Wight King is a creature that retains almost all properties of their mortal body, except for some very specific things.

Undead in general are unable to reproduce naturally. They simply can’t. Neither can you.

As for digestion, the WIght King only needs energy to sustain themselves, so whatever you eat or drink will simply be emptied of whatever life it holds and what can’t be absorbed will just be destroyed.

Yeah. But I wouldn’t expect zombies or skeletons to. XD

Sex is possible with some of them, but it doesn’t mean it will be… satisfying.

The Wight King’s curse takes time to completely take hold, with time it makes you less and less human.

Magic also takes a great role in the working of the Wight King’s body.

Yes.

Different? Yes. Impossible? No.

The Wight King’s undeath is very ambiguous and debatable. There’s no denying that they come back from death, but they are so different from other undead that even the scholars/mages don’t really know if it’s an undead or a creature far different.

The Wight King would be the picture of the perfect undead, but it may also set him apart from the undead. They simply play in a superior league. You transcend undeath, and that’s what makes you the ultimate undead.

I agree that physical abilities like strength and speed wouldn’t count as much. However there’s things like the ability to be fatally wounded and just get back up like nothing happened. Biologically speaking, things like regeneration are taken care of by magic rather than by natural organic processes. Beside that, the WIght King doesn’t need to eat, drink and sleep, they are also able to kill their own emotions if needed and have a very dulled way of ‘feeling’, it becomes more pure information than anything else as time goes on. Additionally, they are completely immune to any kind of magic that affects the mind.

Wight Kings don’t rot because of their regeneration, but they can… choose to assume a more efficient form. Free of the last weakness of flesh they could possess.

I know that for now I haven’t insisted onto the inhuman traits the Wight King possesses. But later on in the story, they will be displayed much more.

14 Likes

Are high elves jerks like in Skyrim? Also do each of the elves hate eachother

2 Likes

what other races are we going to meet

1 Like