The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

You’re not the only one. I was actually thinking about how my Wight King would be the Deadpool to Asterius’ grumpy old Spiderman lol

3 Likes

More Wolverine than Spiderman since spidey would probably join in.

3 Likes

Hmmm… That is actually a more accurate description of Asterius if we were to compare him with Wolverine. I’ll go with it.

4 Likes

My Wight King will build a wall to keep all the Humans out!

1 Like

Will they have beheaded human heads on pikes as a warning to these… Filthy humans to stay out?

1 Like

Maybe depends on his mood

Well if you asked me my Wight King probably would be sticking around Asterius bothering him whenever he gets a chance. And if he ever sees Asterius in trouble during battle, he’ll be like

Wight King shows up looking at Asterius having trouble
“So my friend… You need help?”

“No! I don’t! Just stay out of this!”

Wight King pulls out sword and looks at the enemy
“You dare to harm Asterius?! For this, you shall feel my undying wrath! … Asterius, you do know it’s okay to ask for my help once in a while, right?”

sigh “Let’s just get this over with…”

5 Likes

Pretty much how my bromance will go :grin:

9 Likes

That is just so glorious! Lol I love it

1 Like

Yeah. Asterius would fit much more as a wolverine than a spiderman. Though he might be too lawful to be a wolverine.

And the Wight King will have THEM pay for it, for some reason! :japanese_goblin:

Can you think about these… humans taking the undead’s jobs? Properly scandalous. :japanese_goblin:

On a more serious, less trolling, note:

Sometimes you may have noticed the Wight King speaks to themselves. And I think I should probably make it clear when it happens like:

I paused for a second. Why would you put your own back against the wall templar? What’s your play?

What do you think about that?

4 Likes

What I’m doing right now, working for the fight scene against Asterius is a five-phase fight with three main paths and different possibilities depending on the path you take.

So the fight scene will be quite consequent and quite varied. The choregraphy will change depending on your decisions. So will the damage you will inflict on Asterius and the damage he will inflict you.

The fight may end in different ways depending on your relative damage.

And I think the fight shall be quite epic. At least it feels that way when I write it. :grinning:

8 Likes

Nothing quite like an awesome fight to get the blood pumping, I say! (also, with the right characters, to flirt, but I don’t think Asterius is like that…)

4 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better.

First phase is done. I’m working on phase two.

Prologue ETA: 20000 words.

This book will be THICC.

7 Likes

is it possible to “Beat” him like you are relatively ok while he is really hurt

1 Like

I kind of hope you can’t. I mean, he gives a “final boss” vibe, and how lame would it be to beat the final boss in the prologue? I guess we should count our blessings if we manage a draw somehow.

3 Likes

I am hoping in mine I get a important reminder scar of our conflict that if I slip up around him he could reach out and touch me, so I train harder and so does he.

1 Like

You can’t beat Asterius. Not yet. He’s one of the most powerful paladins of Arkadia.

The most you can hope to achieve is a draw, slightly to your advantage. Remember that at first he isn’t even using his full power and handling the fight against you quite well.

3 Likes

That’s good, I mean we just woke up, to beat him would be odd, and it gives the story more umpf.
Edit: it’s good to know my hopes of not winning are true and that this is not even remotely easy.

2 Likes

I suppose having an army of mindless skeletons is actually pretty useful if you are the type of undead overlord who lives and doesn’t want to kill people unnecessarily. You can have your skeleton hordes just dog pile people and even if a bunch of them get taken out they’re mindless skeletons so no loss. :smile:

1 Like

How many chapters do you plan on adding?

2 Likes