The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

Me i think i could probably stand the first few hundred years in modern times.
id live a normal life for the first hundredish then seek entertainment and finally work on bettering humanity trying to push mankind to a age of enlightenment, then start going beginning to loose bits and pieces of my personality sometime in the 500-700 year range not even realizing it at first then one day centuries after it starting to happen realize it all to late.
this is assuming i manage to keep ahold of most of my memories that long.

in ye olden days id be a tyrant god king with a evil mind after only 3 or 4 hundred years. id likly end up becoming the next embodiment of Setesh.

2 Likes

A little report of my progress:

Despite the grueling pre-vacation multi-test assault, I managed to get some work done on the revamp.

The revamped prologue has nearly twice as much content as the original. More choices, stats on the way to revamption. And also, pieces of lore and story that weren’t there before.

Another thing. I’ll add a disclaimer to the first page of the game. Because there’s more extreme violence than there used to be even at the very start. So that the faint of heart steel themselves or run away.

I expect the revamped prologue to be ready before the end of the christmas vacations. The wait is nearly over! I’m quite excited about presenting this new version of the WIght King to you.

18 Likes

Wright King: Electric Boogaloo
Remastered

5 Likes

Are you planning on making a mature content warning COG game? If so, I applaud you. However, I might also add that I am redoubling my support for the game if that is the case. (would do it anyway just for the hell of it) p.s. I’m also tired so most of the things I’m writing right now are half-baked.

Hey I found some error code when I tried to talk with the bandits on chapter 3

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s probably some bugs left in chapter 3. Not surprising with the more complex coding there.

Currently I’d rather not focus on fixing old errors, but I’m gonna address this as soon as I get the revamped demo online.

Well, there WILL be mature content. So I might as well be upfront about it. It is a cruel world, it is to be expected that the content would sometimes prove to be mature.

As for your writing, don’t worry about it. Every writer goes through that.

3 Likes

Is there any groups like the Ebon Blade in this world? Helping Mankind against zombies or ghouls even thought they are undead?

1 Like

Ahhh that would be soo cool
screw allience and horde ebon blade is the best faction

3 Likes

Not officially. But the living sometimes have collaborated with neutral vampires or the banshees in the face of greater threats.

Ghouls are a special case, they are very hard to track. An order of hunters modified to fight them as dedicated themselves to exterminating ghouls and monsters that the adventurer guild can’t take care of.

4 Likes

I just had the weird thought of Alucard working with Blade to fight the wight king, their advisor banshee and their new skeletal general.

2 Likes

And skeletor as guard captain.

For taking a castle or something my general strategy would to bomb the city for a while with catapults and trebuchet while surrounding the city and preventing any food/reinforcements and poison their water supplies and after a month or two send a emissary to give them a chance to surrender (emissary would probably be a vamp or something) and if they accept give them some degree of anatomy if not start infecting citizans with a plauge or something until they surrender OR Kick the gates off and kill everything

3 Likes

Or just poison/curse their water supply, and just collect your new zombie army… and remember Stratholm.

Or just go for Overlord version - send some large army of the undeath and then just “save” people from this “horrible army of undeath” and become their hero.

Ah by the way by Alucard you mean hellsing alucard, castelvania alucard or classic alucard-dracula?

4 Likes

Hellsing I could vaugly see him entertain the thought of working with Blade if only just to have fun pushing his buttons

Plague cows in catapults ridden by flaming skeleton archers to add insult to injury.
Skeletons and Zombie small squads in rivers for infiltration and to poison the water supply.
A pair of banshees wisp through a wall and burn their food stocks then sound a retreat for all infiltration teams and wait a week and give them a chance for a unconditional surrender and a offering of all their prisoners as New ranks in my legion as mercs assasins if their crimes were tolerable and they are willing to fight the templars, or as New undead, or cattle for any vampires that may be in my ranks.

Edit: have I mentioned my thought process for tactics is cold unethical and downright evil?

2 Likes

Well once you take the city you better clean it up and make sure the populace accepts your rule while being firm but level handed or you will deal with constant rebellions OR kill everyone and turn them into undead

While I may be cruel during the war, once their my people
Call me drake the open handed

Edit: show the enemy a closed fist my men a open hand
And a broken enemy a open hand with a closed fist behind my back at the ready just in case.

2 Likes

Nice strategies but are you all expecting to meet no resistance at all? XD

Templars, inquisitors, clerics, adventurers, foreign agents. Your enemies will be numerous and powerful. Don’t expect the conquest to go smoothly, don’t expect anything to go as smoothly as it should have.

In fact, the odds might be stacked against you. Trust me, you’ll deserve your title of overlord before this war is over.

6 Likes

If zombie curse is curable. If not - remeber stratholm. At the end - they have to kill their own people or face infection. If their have mausoleum/catacombs - it’s even better. They need food and water. We - don’t. At the end they will atack us, ill, hungry, weak and desperate. Paladins and cleric without fate, agents and adventurers with their ussles money. In one last run for freedom… you can revive your forces - they don’t so even after pyrrhic wictory - you still have powerful army - they don’t.

I for one think complex strategies are less than useful in the offense category when you have unlimited troops. I mean when you have undead, you just turn every single battle into who can last the longest without supplies.

I’m still hope we can get and name a Frankenstein monster and totally not to mae a Hellsing Abridged reference (standing at 8 feet tall and 600 pounds its Big Berry)

2 Likes