The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

No summoning of the eldritch waffle god on my forum. :space_invader:

Beside, the most dire curse one could cast is that of the pointy corners of your furnitures suddenly becoming toe-magnetic.

5 Likes

And blood sausages seem disgusting but are actually pretty good. The white ones at least, the black ones have a stranger taste and texture.

2 Likes

That is a most fearsome curse I’m not sure I’d wish on even the Templar.

Heh yea the one thing I never got to do in England.

1 Like

I am still working on the next demo. However it should take me less time, as most of it was already written down. Half of the demo’s story is already done, and I’ll have to rewrite a bit the first part (it dates back to september 2016).

This demo happens a decade after the end of the Wight King’s arc. (Actually it happens after one of the possible endings)

You take on the mantle of a legendary archdemon into the new world the Wight King left behind. Because of the events that take place in the demo, you end having to form a pact to link your soul and that of an unexpected ally of circumstances. Along with that new ally the demon will seek to take back what was taken from it, and maybe sow a little chaos on the way.

This is not much to go by but I don’t want to spoil too much. Any questions?

5 Likes

Only question I have is the one we cannot ask!! >.<

2 Likes

I thought the “make your feet lego magnetic” was :confused:

Is the Wright king still alive?

Is it a bad ending?

Difference between demons and gods?

1 Like

Was the Wight King even alive in the first place? XD

But to that I’ll answer… kinda.

Depends which side you were on.

From a purely theorical point of view? Not much.

From a practical point of view, thank chaos for making it scientifically unexplainable. Basically, the main difference between a demon and a god/angel is the chaotic resonance, think of it like a polarity. It has nothing to do with good and evil, but it is influenced by self-representation. An angel persuaded that it is a demon will slowly change to fit the way they represent themselves, this is why angels can ‘fall’ and demons can ‘redeem’, in the end it’s just a question of unwittingly switching your own polarity because the psyche of a spiritual being has direct incidence on their nature.

Well, that’s the theory at least. It could be right, or it could simply be a partial truth, the simplest side of a much more complex reality.

Angels/demons are different from most spiritual beings as they are some of the most susceptible of mutation, and are some of the spirits closest to humans. It makes them one of the spirit kind the most vulnerable to chaos.

2 Likes

So is an archdemon part of that equation or is it a measure of power?

Isn’t that the same as right now :blush:

1 Like

An archdemon is an evolved kind of demon. Think of it like a demon that reached illumination (lol), basically a demon that has gone beyond the bounds of its nature and reach a new state of their immortality. An archdemon is even more open to chaos and unlocked a new potential giving much more opportunities for further evolution. An archdemon could be compared to a demon god. I’d say this demon is slightly more powerful than a final form Wight King.

Wight King: shrugs “Was something supposed to change? I don’t know, I don’t feel different.”

1 Like

Is magic different for demons?

3 Likes

Kind of. To demons magic is innate, it makes them more like sorcerers than mages. Even then, some demons are more apt than others, especially minor and major demons. Archdemons have access to all magics mortal are able to use, plus their own sin-based powers. Plus the ability to make pacts.

I don’t think I can give a definitive answer right now though. The magic system is still not finished, I’ll continue to develop it as I go.

1 Like

So, because this is also the occasion to take a bit of a new perspective on the Wight King.

About auras:

I don’t know how I just suddenly realized that making a metaphysical reaction of the soul take on the form of physical thing might be… strange.

It didn’t feel justifiable. And kind of dumb when I thought about it. So I’ve decided to change it. Now the auras are still there, still a thing, still different for everyone BUT, I’ve made them less… physical. It’s not something you perceive with the eyes, but something you sense with your own soul. So you still got to choose the color your aura is perceived has but not a form.

So, that’s the first of the changes that will come with the complete overhaul the Wight King will eventually get.

11 Likes

how the wight king doing boss man

1 Like

On hiatus for some time, until I get all those pesky ideas out of my skull. I want to be able to fully focus my attention on the Wight King and another official project, instead of secretly working on everything else.

So, don’t worry I haven’t forsaken it, just need to get the power back from the eldritch gods of annoyance to write a story as awesome as I can make. :japanese_goblin:

2 Likes

You know what? I’m gonna try to propose a first ultra-deluxe revamp scene for the Wight King.

If you’re all willing to participate and give me feedback, it will be very helpful.

I’ve been working on my writing, on my weaknesses and doing some experimentation. And I want to know what you think about those changes.

21 Likes

I’m interested in seeing that!

2 Likes

i love now what got you make the wight king if you like me asking

Found an error when you start asking questions

1 Like

There’s nothing I can do about this one. It’s a common BS that has been there since a long time. Try opening the game in a private window.

A love for villains and fantasy, a burning passion for creation, an ounce of madness and three cups of coffee. As well as wanting to create an epic story and make a whole new world.

5 Likes