The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

IF he doesn’t remember us enough to know our name, and doesn’t know us enough to realize who we are after we give him our name, I’m guessing we were casual acquaintances at best.

4 Likes

that’s why my thought first was ancestor. maybe 3 or 4 generations back and we were on a painting, we could be brothers in arms in the sense we were a ancient Templar in the same way.

1 Like

remember that we were buried in a tomb for nobility, kings, and heroes of old.

3 Likes

I’m also so glad I’m not alone who play as merciful wight, guess I’m want to give a cuddles to everyone to! :rofl: especially to paladins :smiling_imp: as much as I enjoy prospect of playing villains, it’s enough for me to meet a homeless sad kitten, to change my mind. It’s always the case for me, I always end up with good MC… Also I hope that were would be end where we can sacrifice ourselves to the greater good, to kill our inner evil, which trying to break free! :innocent: Just dreaming…

5 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised for our nice, cuddling angel of a wight King would get the option to destroy himself before he turns full on evil

Wich could imply we were in fact brothers in arms or family since he was a very important paladin person…or maybe just a old king…though there was mention of us Being possibly places there. Could that not have actually been our original tomb? There was also implications that we were not to have been able to wake perhaps a great evil of old was there and we were meant to not ever arise we were put deep either we were a great person or we were the exact opposite perhaps both would instill possible recognition but not immidiate understanding of where if we were from a bygon era… so much speculations!

2 Likes

I’ve only read through once since the revision, but I recall mention of other, perhaps deeper, passages that we didn’t have time to explore. What if we weren’t the tombs great evil or king, but were supposed to be a guardian, buried to keep whatever was deeper from getting out. I’m probably dating myself, but I’m picturing Tal’Rasha from the old Diablo II game. Before he escaped, was corrupted, and became the final bad guy of that game. Perhaps we have a similar fate planned for us?

3 Likes

sniffs somberly poor diablo 2 franchise lost its luster with 3 and the massive purchasing in its tail end of 2 :sob: I will miss you diablo 2.
Anyways could be… at this point any speculation could be true unless someone spills the beans on one of us being close or not…:innocent:

4 Likes

I’ve made some good progress on chapter 1, with a new scene before meeting Helena and character customization reworked.

It has reached 5000 words, I’ll continue working on it and make a mini-update before chapter 1 is complete.

28 Likes

Gid demn it. Sorry, previous message was on the wrong thread. :upside_down_face:

Message is deleted now.

5 Likes

@bl00dragon can we have an option to name the wight king Alpharius, and then name all of their minions Alpharius too ?

1 Like

They are all Alphrius even if they don’t know it yet

3 Likes

Mini-update - half of chapter 1 (12/05/2018)

I’ve updated the link with the beginning of chapter 1 until I’ve finished the whole chapter.
https://dashingdon.com/play/bl00dragon/the-wight-king/mygame/index.php?cb=91631

23 Likes

Well, this was… interesting. :thinking: Glad I tried it, even if I didn’t think I’d like being a wight, ha. :grin:

Glad you let me be a ‘nice wight’ :sweat_smile:

Random though about the hair - it was mentioned in passing to cut it, but could we keep it long (if indeed it is ever referred to again)? A tight bun under a helmet would stop enemies from trying to grab it (or princess Leia buns would make them not want to, heh!) if that is the main concern. :wink:

Easy to read and well written, and quite different. I enjoyed it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

so we can be an elf? nice

2 Likes

1.) Will there be a huge difference story-wise between a human and a half-elf player?

2.) How does a black aura light up the room?

1 Like
  1. Your annoying elf relatives are still alive? :scream:
  2. UV light? :grimacing:

Pay me no heed, I am rambling. Utterly normal for me. :blush:

3 Likes

@bl00dragon would it be spoilery to ask what that entity in the lake was ?

edit

I always headcannoned Astereus as Guilliman
images

But now I see him as Leman Russ (minus the fangs and the blonde hair)

download

1 Like

Just wanted to give it a try, since the story could also easily fit a half-elf.

Maybe not huge, but there will be some changes, mostly in your backstory but also in the first reactions of the people you meet.

That’s a good point. But I’ve always imagined it more as something more like black lightsabers:

A “dark light”, as if your aura was a black hole, pulling light towards it and giving the illusion that it emits light.

You’d need to have living relatives, which is kind of compromised given your past. Though the Wight King could always be mistaken, or not.

Wight King helps the police forces to solve crimes at night thanks to his ability to see the presence of biological fluids and fingerprints and become dubbed as the dark knight. :japanese_goblin:

Welcome to the club. :smirk:

I won’t tell you. :wink:

I like you readers to try guessing. But I’ll tell you this: It was broken and abandonned, it was shunned and disgraced, but it still lives and it is ready to take back what it lost.

5 Likes

@bl00dragon If I had to guess I’d say that she’s a god or at least a powerful spirit, (I mean we know gods can be killed, kriegsgard’s ruler weilds the spear of a dead god for khaine’s sake!)

2 Likes