The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

i think my guy would look like this

7 Likes

The last one I talked about.

It takes place several centuries before the Wight King. Your character wakes up on the verge of death, having forgotten everything. You are saved by the people of a nearby village, and having nothing else to do you stay to repay your debt to them.

Until your past catches up to you and ends up destroying your new home, and revealing your dark powers.

Now, I don’t want to spoil too much. But one thing I’ll say is that you might not like what you’ll discover of yourself.

18 Likes

It took a while but I can finally focus on writing for the Wight King again. Soon my pretties, soon. :smirk:

And when no one was looking I also refreshed the first message a bit.

While I’m at it, I’m gonna do something I should have done a while ago! Updated character list(I’ll do a few templars at least for now, I’ll do the rest another day because it’s getting late)!

CHARACTER LIST:

Four of them at least…

Templars:

• Asterius Lucius Iudex (Human - Meidia): Commander of the templar order, Adjudicator responsible for keeping order in the eastern region of Arkadia. He’s a stern man, someone able to show impressive pragmatism for a paladin, but still cares more for his men than his own life, or that of his superiors. He’s know as an excellent strategist, an expert tactician able to win even when outnumbered thanks to his support-oriented powers and strategy. He managed to win the loyalty of all under his direct command, and turned a mediocre fighting force into an elite that puts to shame many of the other templar forces. He was a loyal officer of Meidia operating in Arkadia until the rebellion, he then joined the paladins as they reclaimed Arkadia for the new king, Roland Lionheart

• Strom Walhardt (‘Human’ - Kriegsgard): One of the greatest paladin of the era, and possibly the most powerful. Strom comes from the land of Kriegsgard, and even for them is extremely imposing, standing at nearly 2.5 meters above the fray. He was a legend, even before becoming a paladin, a legendary general of the Kaiser, and one of its closest friend. He defended Kriegsgard from Meidia during nearly ten years out of his thirty of service, never losing an inch and with minimal losses, even winning territory by letting Meidia batter itself against his invincible army. He’s known to be a master of defensive warfare, something quite unexpected compared to the storming tactics the Kriegsgardian often employ. He came to be tired of war, and voluntarily exiled himself from Kriegsgard, cutting a path through Meidia, until being recruited by an order of paladins and helping them liberate Arkadia.

• Bann(arkadian title for lord/lady) Lyn Stone (human - Arkadia): A young woman that joined the templars only recently. She is a noble of Arkadia, but a landless one, as her family lost everything to the rebellion and left her as the last Bann Stone. She joined the templars as much out of conviction and piety as she did to the promise of claiming the land of the Stone once more. She has a deep desire to serve jutice and to do what is right, but is often overzealous and tends instead to do more hurt than anything else because of her hot temperament and self-righteousness. She is a skilled but inexperienced fencer, using the signature and unusual style of her family, a rapier paired with a thick armguard and gauntlet, she has the potential to become a paladin and Asterius took her under his wing to train her(as much out of good will as to steal her away from his superiors).

• Annya “Annie” Kazrin(human - origin unknown): Annya is a childhood friend of Lyn, the only one she has left. She was adopted by Lyn’s parents when she was a very young child, because of the sudden interest their slightly older daughter took in Annya. She was brought up to be as much a friend to Lyn as (secretly) a servant, and once Lyn lost everything, she followed her until she enrolled by her side into the templar order. Though she has no particular talent with the blade, she has proven to have excellent judgement, and very sharp senses, which piqued Asterius’ interest and with the demand of Lyn accepted Annya into his service as well.

That’s all for today, but I’ll try to release at least three more description each day,

38 Likes

What is the Rebellion?

Now maybe a small idea depending on which weapon you choose have a option for having a primary handedness and have that affect some battles since in real life medieval times left handed fighter were difficult to fight against.

Also is there any organizations like the Templar’s except maybe more extreme or lenient?

1 Like

The Wight King is ambidextrous, they can change hand in the middle of a fight if they want to, but since they use two-handed weapons it’s not always useful.

Arkadia was occuppied by Meidia during about 50 years before Lionheart led the rebellion against them.

There’s many organizations spread across the world, each with their own agendas. But the templar order is one of the strongest. The inquisitors work with the templars but are independent, the knights orders of Nevarra do a similar work there, and other holy orders are scattered around but none near Arkadia.

The templars were already a more extremist faction in the paladin order, but ended up taking over it and uniting with the templar order of Meidia, turning an organization of medium strength to a very real threat.

6 Likes

I got an eight…

Are there any other character aside from Templars?
It would be cool if you could build an organization of yourself instead of fighting alone. I mean you’re the Wight King after all, you should be able to recruit all the normal wights and undead as your soldiers.

4 Likes

Of course. You’re not alone on your own side. It would be like if Sauron was the only enemy of the good guys in the whole middle earth.

And yes there’s much more characters. Yesterday I came back home for ‘insert tedious obligation here’, it was late and I had to wake early today for ‘tedious obligation’, so I didn’t have time to post more character descriptions.

3 Likes

My curiosity is spiked now. Do we get undead minions?! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I often forget that not everyone was there from the start. Yeah, a part of the game will be centered around recruiting allies and creating undead minions.

3 Likes

Is it good to play the old demo and see how it goes or it’s better to wait for new chapters in the revamped one?
Is the revamped one much better?

2 Likes

Uuu so will we have our own version of death knights …that will be so friggin cool

2 Likes

Kind of. The wight knights are a faction of legendary warriors risen by ancient Wight Kings, they are probably the most powerful undead beside the Wight King, and you might rise some of your own.

It’s hard as a writer to judge of the quality of your own writing. But I think I improved significantly since that time.

I think you better ask those that were here since the start, they might be better judges of whether or not what I’m doing now is much better than what I used to do. But I guess you could still look at the old stuff, it’s always interesting. But keep in mind that what I’m going to revamp might be very different.

So, guys, what do you think of the revamp compared to the original?

2 Likes

Is the Wight King the most powerful undead in the world?
By the way what is the world like, I saw a line in the game about many warriors that defeat entire battalions before. Are there like super powerful people that can defeat entire armies by themselves and are like bosses or something?

2 Likes

This strom fits description of a Raid boss
Also hooray for wrigh knights i think i’ll be satisfied with around 9 of em

2 Likes

It’s a question of potential. The Wight King has the most potential out of any other undead and therefore is supposed to be the most powerful undead. But there’s some other creatures that can reach a similar level, because the Wight King’s power is relative.

Yes, there’s exceptionally powerful people, like the Kaiser, like Strom, like the Wight King that are so above the fray that they could face overwhelming numbers alone and come out on top. This is why heroes are so important for the military power of a country. If you don’t have heroes of your own, your armies could be crushed by much smaller forces because a hero leads them and no one on your side could face them.

There’s a limit to their power however, and recklessness has killed a great number of heroes before. Powerful doesn’t mean invincible, even a hero can die of a ballista bolt through the chest, of a fireball, even of the sword of a common soldier. Those heroes shine as much by their power as by their skill and common sense. A dumb hero doesn’t last long.

Strom is rumoured to be almost as strong as the Kaiser. And the Kaiser is an effing monster.

3 Likes

Is the Kaiser the strongest person in the world?
Can the Wight King with full potenial beat him in a 1 on 1 situation?
And what does their power mean, is it just offensive power or defensive power too?

How would their power be on a scale between Geralt of Rivia (powerful swordsman but can still die and will usually lose when fighting a group of like 10 people at once) and the Dragonborn (at max level with the OP enchanting items you could easily kill hundreds of soldiers like they were a joke)

2 Likes

I would be very happy with a personal royal guard. I’d probably get emotionally attached with them and give them names.

1 Like

The Kaiser is the ruler of Kriegsgard, a place where military genius is the norm, they have the most powerful army in the world. And the way the Kaiser is chosen leaves no place for weakness. As the ruler of such a country, a Kaiser cannot allow themselves anything else but to be number one. The Kaiser of this era is surely one of the most powerful being in the world. He wields the spear of a dead god and is a thunderer(Kriegsgardian storm sorcerer) and duellist without equal.

In a one on one against the Wight King that has unlocked all their abilities, they would probably be equally dangerous. The difference is that the Kaiser is not immortal.

The Kaiser has almost no defensive abilities, beside protecting himself with magnetism or destroying what attacks him before it reaches him. While Strom could easily be defined as the hammer and the anvil (yes, both at the same time) the Kaiser would be the spear-head. His offensive potential is off the chart, especially when he uses the divine spear Calliban.

I don’t think my characters fit in a scale like that, not well at least. Many of them are very powerful, but at the same time very vulnerable. I don’t want my characters to have plot armour, if you shoot the Kaiser through the heart, he’ll probably die, he’ll kill you, but he’d surely die without help. Same as Geralt. But at the same time, he would never be caught anaware like that, he’s a monster far beyond the common human.

You could compare them to mythological heroes like Heracles or Odysseuss. Very powerful or cunning, but still mortals, they die like everyone else at one point.

But more minor personalities would be more like Geralt, exceptionally skilled individuals, but nowhere near the overwhelming power of the Kaiser or the Wight King.

The wight knights will act as your royal guard, or your agents in some occasions, they will also lead parts of your army when you cannot lead directly. But you will surround yourself with various, powerful allies that will act more as your personal guard than them.

6 Likes

Can the Wight King die?
You’re already dead, but I mean it if your body is destroyed or something. Would it die permanently or you’d regenerate (kinda like Alucard from Hellsing)

2 Likes