The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer. :japanese_goblin:

4 Likes

Many fall in the face of chaos; but not this one, not today!

1 Like

well unfortunatly the biggest change issues are for a time we would need to edit our education structure, post a set of dual signs for highways or outright replace them. that is very expensive and unless we teach both at the same time and do dual signs we would have to do it all or nothing. it would have to be apporoved at the federal and state level as well. i dont see senators looking to kindly on what would be obviously a heavy tax needed for something that isn’t absolutely necessary but should be done, that amounts to nigh political suicide

black market licence sales you say…hmm

2 Likes

It is because we are the special people of the world. If we followed the French in everything we did, then who would save both of our nations from our folly? :wink:

3 Likes

Funnily enough we still learn the metric system Now if only they taught us the conversion rate

So in effect I don’t have much of an idea of what a measurement of the metric system looks like.

Funnily enough in the other special Murican category sports, I found out Japan says Football and Soccer like us too.

So I should get a license right? I’m your right hand Bob!

2 Likes

Eh, true enough. I think there’s enough of one France to spread nonsense through the world. XD

All I know for sure about the imperial system is that a foot is 30.48cm. XD

Maybe I should start a premium service? Go EA style and cut 75% of the content to sell it later. :smiling_imp:
(Eff you video game industry)

4 Likes

Look at these memes that I made and tell me I don’t deserve a license :stuck_out_tongue:

Summary

jontron

xeno%20scum

dkk4lif

Also I demand a pass for helping you with the wiki and going through the entire shitshow that this thread is :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I should have one since I was here from the very beginning

1 Like

…I’ll pack my things.

Just kidding I could never leave :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Fair enough, I admit. XD

Well. Is it my fault if some people continuously go overboard whenever elves, warhammer or doors are mentioned? :smirk:

If you left the SJWs would somehow find a way to accuse me of being elfophobe, so you have to stay anyway. :grinning:

After reviewing these I especially decree that you’re not getting a license to flood my thread. XD

Though… hiding them like that… it seems, more okay. At least it’s not getting in the way of actually relevent content. Interesting.

3 Likes

I’ll give you a cool hat as the head bob.

1 Like

Accidently cause the first Door Crusade and all the sudden your going overboard

2 Likes

Funny enough i learned most of what i know of the metric system from researching world building for running pen and paper rpgs. School taught me very little of it “A meter is basically a yard” & “a Kilogram is a little over 2 pounds” school was helpful. Speaking of wich
@bl00dragon what is the comparitive education level of each of the races in city, and country living. Another question what is the literacy rate in general.

1 Like

They’re all doing their own things mostly.

• For humans, the pinacle of education is Nevarra. Their people are very educated, both in economics and culture, a very good part of their people is not only able to read but well educated, even in the countryside (a particularity of Nevarra is that even villages can be very well developed and small villages are rare except in the fringe, it is an extremely rich empire).

• Kriegsgard favors knowledge as well, but in another way. They are practical, the children are taught how to read, mathematics, physics, strategy, anything that an elite soldier could still put to good use(if they are of the soldier caste). Their caste system limits the way knowledge spreads though and makes each very specialized, earthbounds(the farmer caste) or those of other castes know things that others are never taught about.

• Aquilea is pretty obscurantist but is still an empire of wealth and culture. Anything that isn’t too obviously blasphemous is available to the nobility and the bourgeois, only those that have enough reputation are allowed to read things that could potentially invite sedition, or make the masses think. Though the public still has access to many books validated by the censors, which means very flattering books on the empire and the maker, and normal things like economics. Though the countryside peasants barely know how to read, just enough for signs and to know how much taxes they owe Aquilea.

• Arkadia was in a pretty good state, Lionheart made sure to spread knowledge and culture to the masses as much as possible, knowing that an erudite people is far more effective than a nation of idiots. The country is small enough that a great number of people are literate.

• The valgarmians(are actually not humans but whatever)… well, books get wet up there. They know how to read their runes but they are the least educated out of all pepople.

• Velzarim is kinda ambivalent, they’re not the best but not the worth. Their society makes it hard for the common people to be literate, but the nobility and the rich are very knowledgeable, more than in most country. Though it dropped a lot with the aquilean invasion and occupation of a part of the sovereignty.

• The dark and high elves have a long tradition of culture and magic behind them which makes them extremely knowledgeable, but the woodies are far closer to earth.

• The orcs are… well, orcs. But it would be wrong to assume they’re just a dirty uneducated bunch.

And I’m gonna stop there because if I talk about each one of them eventually it’ll take all night.

10 Likes

Of course I mean if you do you will regret it when you get gutted by a Ork that speaks in rhyme or when you get burned by a Ork wizard(shaman?)

3 Likes

Everything in my life has lead up to this moment. I would like to thank the children, goats and virgins I sacrificed to get here.

Ah yes, get the token to justify all you do.

Am I gonna have to set up an education system for the undead?

First things first.

Summary

Never question the Wright King.
The only alternative title for the Wright King is “Glorious Leader”
Never break a door without their permission.
The Glorious Leader is the reason you’re able to read these rules.
The Glorious Leader has final say on all matters.
Your unlife is only so good because of the Glorious Leader.
You belong to the Glorious Leader.

9 Likes

Eyes Gloss over Hail Glorios leader

i would regret its a Rhyming ork a non rhyming ork is fine and being felled by a shaman ork just awsome but that would be one powerful shaman to fell me.

2 Likes

Here’s another bit of lore. It concerns the abilities of paladins. Like the last bit of lore I posted, this might change in the future. If you have a question, or even just a thought on that, don’t hesitate.

Paladin abilities:

• Blessing:
    All divine magic users can use blessings, though since paladins aren’t affiliated to a god most of the time they bless in the name of the light. The difference being that the light doesn’t have very specific blessings like incarnated gods would. Kurrow for exemple grants dark blessings of immunity and plaguebearing, but the light tends to have more straightforward blessings.

• Stigma:
    The stigma is a rather unknown type of divine spell, they are also available to SOME divine users beside paladins, but only a few. They are more complex than blessings, as they often involve taking and giving, they can be used both on yourself and on enemies. Using a stigma on yourself would typically be about accepting a permanent wound or deficiency in exchange for a powerful blessing, knowing that the blessing will never completely replace what you gave. For exemple giving up on your eyesight may allow you to gain an exceptional sensory abilities, though self-inflicted stigmas are pretty unpredictable. On enemies, they are harmful miracles that can have various effects, like forbidding an enemy to walk away but also direct attacks like light magic.

• Virtue:
    Virtue is a mechanic available only to paladins, powerful archpriests and saints.
    At one point, a paladin might face a situation in which they will display… something. A spark of something divine, an instant of greatness during which they become the incarnation of a greater aspect. Once that happens they become virtuous, the seed takes root and this divine spark becomes a part of them, they may call onto its power and take on a form and that lets their power increas to a point they couldn’t reach otherwise. Though, it is not without risks, the virtue is also a poison, it takes over your mind, it obsesses you, until it twists you from virtuous to wicked. This is why it is to be used sparingly.

• Martyrdom:
    The paladin order was built on sacrifices. It is one of their core values, the sacrifice of self in the name of the greater good is considered the greatest thing any paladin could ever do, they remember their martyrs, and their prayers go to them. A paladin may become a martyr, lay their life on the line to increase their power to new heights the time of a single fight by becoming incarnations of the light. But even if fighting in this form doesn’t kill them, they will start to desintegrate, beginning by their extremities, it can take days or it can take months, but it’s not a pretty way to go.

23 Likes

I wish a happy new year to you all. (It’s midnight over here) :beers:

Hope you’re all having a good time with your family and/or friends.

Also, next update is coming this week. :wink:

29 Likes

Happy new year cannot wait for more Wight King and Shattered content! :grin:

6 Likes