The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

I think that the purpose is for you to kill those tempers, sure the author could make options where you don’t but it doesn’t really benefit the story and would only make the Wight King look weak.

Trust me if you woke up with no memory in a strange place and started to get attacked by strange people who you thought was a “cult” you would defend yourself and kill a few in order to survive. Plus who is to say that if you start blowing up walls to escape the whole building won’t just collapse and kill everyone in side. My point being is the author already said that he will not add that option. So you making 10+ posts about it won’t change anything.

1 Like

Since some things clearly need to be stated more bluntly, here’s what I’m going to do, in the hope of avoiding a civil war among my followers. :smirk:

I’m going to add some modifications to the prologue:

• Why you cannot run in this situation will be clearly stated by a more elaborate description of the church’s structure as well as the general situation.
  • The Wight King will consider running away as an option, until they can determine it is not a solution.
  • The loss of control the Wight King experiences after kicking down the door will be made slightly more obvious. As well as the confusion and altered state of mind the Wight King suffers from the awakening which explains the “rash” way into which they act.
  • And maybe some other things along the way, I’ll see what could improved.

I’ll add all of that to what I need to write. I’m not saying it’s coming soon, but it’s coming.

20 Likes

What would happen to a normal Templar if they somehow manged to kill the Wight King?

This discussion is in danger of becoming a circular argument. To avoid that: if you have already stated your position, please take a short break and allow others to share their perspective too. Please avoid repetitively hammering a single view without adding anything new.

Please reply to posts topically, please do not reply at others personally. Personal comments lead to friction and flaming.

Please remember that we can always agree to disagree.

Finally, if you see disrespectful posts please do not reply to them. Rather please use the report feature and let forum staff de-escalate friction.

11 Likes

I would assume that they would be honored then promoted to a higher rank in the Templar Order if that would be the case if a Templar killed a Wight King, showing that they’re pretty strong enough to handle such a threat.

1 Like

Could a single Templar even do that though? While your character doesn’t know it you can regenerate so there would need to be a group effort to seal you in a place where there is no life and you’ll die permanently.

1 Like

I doubt a single normal Templar could do it but i was wondering what would happen to
them

1 Like

I really like the story!Can’t wait to read more :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Glad you liked it. :wink:

I’m still working on the next chapter, but the next update should come within the month.

10 Likes

Awesome! I’ll keep eye out for it.:grin::heart:

1 Like

Eyyy I loved this, I hope playing as a good guy™ wont bite me in the butt later… I don’t think i could play an evil person if you paid me xD

4 Likes

Gosh I just love your writing style. And a game where we can be an undead monster??? Sign me up! :wink:

3 Likes

I hope not! It will be fun to subvert expectations by being a good undead monster :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It never hurts to go evil from time to time

4 Likes

Well, being too good or too evil will have consequences. But nothing should stop you from playing as mercifully as possible. :wink:

Being an undead of justice might be complicated, but it could be worth it :smirk:. Even if only to keep clear of regular undead tropes.

Thank you for the compliment. I really thought undead beside vampires should get some love too.

6 Likes

Being good does have some benefits, for example sparing the running templars increases your relationship with Asterius and maybe you could have him not be your enemy later on

3 Likes

Undead of Justice…Undead Cleric/Paladin
Holy Undead warrior fighting in the name of Justice and Peace Eternal…:smirk:

Had a few century old vampire develop resistance to holy damage to become a holy crusader in a medieval rpg before. Thought this might be something to attempt.

4 Likes

Am i the only one who still isn’t clear on what exactly the mc is?

To put it plainly: MC is a very powerful undead with amnesia

4 Likes