The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

Yes there will be romance for all orientations.

1 Like

and all tastes … get your minds out of the gutter, er, crypt people!

1 Like

Including paladins and Templar? That’s the real question.

3 Likes

Including a skeleton? Bunch of sweet bones!!!

1 Like

blOOdragon: “I will write a game where people incarnate an ungodly abomination, a creature tormented by its undeath, struggling against its very nature or embracing it, as it feel its humanity slowly slipping away.”
Players: “Okay, but can I romance a sexy paladin?”

:stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

I think that describes very well more than half of my fanbase. :smirk:

I think one of the question I answered the most was: “Will there be romance?” :laughing:

10 Likes

Eh it’s cuse it’s lonely being the ruler.
And we have gotten used to it from other games… I’m fine without it but if it exists I’ll turn on shipping powers. In all seriousness I iz happy with the game in both its current and former incarnation. It makes me feel for the sad Templar that have to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Much respect for the one guy who’s willing to hold us back in his half dead state. So hard to kill him given his attempt. (I did it once despite multiple deadly playthroughs)

1 Like

Well it could be worse don’t ask what is worse

1 Like

Hey. I’d lie if I said I wasn’t spending my time shipping for my own characters. :smirk:

I’m glad about that. Making you feel for those characters, even nameless ones, makes me happy.

I never said it was a bad thing. :3

I like my fanbase.

2 Likes

but for reals…is one of the ROs an undead? zombie? or plain old bones?

I don’t think I’ve planned anything like that. Several ROs are undead. But I don’t think I’ve thought about making a zombie or skeleton RO.

1 Like

one night stand where we say that we can’t be together because every time after the “act” we have to fix them and put their part together. (more of a comedy touch for this scene)

2 Likes

Honestly, I think it’d be far too different from the general tone of the demo. As you present it, I have trouble imagining it not breaking my willing suspension of disbelief.

Also, traditionally, skeletons and zombies are mindless (though it might not necessarily apply to all of them, given the skeleton lieutenant of the old demo), making any “romance”… ethically problematic (and yes, I’m holding the unholy undead lord to ethical standards, sue me!)

3 Likes

It depends on the soul used to reanimate the body. Strong souls make better undead in every aspects. Both physically and mentally. Cassius had a soul strong enough to keep his mental capacities at the same level as that he had in life… mostly.

Zombies also depend on their freshness. The more a zombie rots, the more mindless they become.

2 Likes

Am I the only one picturing an overly friendly Wight King?

Arises from their dread tomb surrounded by templars.

“You know, I don’t want to kill you guys, you guys don’t want to be killed by me. That right there is mutual interests, the basis of plenty of friendships. Now that we’re friends, let’s get some beer to celebrate. First round on me, no wait, I don’t have any money, first round on you guys.”

Gets attacked by templars “Foamy goodness, just saying.”

Stone gets warned by her friend that he’s a monster, run for your life. “Hey there, how you doing?”

12 Likes

Speaking about zombies. The term zombie is very anchored into modern fiction. Everyone know zombies today.

But the term seems… ill-fitting for a medieval era. It comes from voodoo beliefs, so, far far away from the european culture the Wight King’s continent is inspired by.

So I’ve been thinking about replacing zombies by a more fitting name. Both for my own version of zombies(which are not quite the same as those we often see in fiction) and for the culture of these lands.

Instead of ‘zombie’, I think of using ‘hollows’, ‘rotting ones’ and ‘husks’, as alternatives. (All three words would be used for them.)

What do you people think?

4 Likes

That would be hilarious. I just picture the Wight King popping out of the tomb with a friendly “Yo!” and scaring the shit out of the templars.

7 Likes

Does ghoul sound relative good replacement for zombie?

1 Like

Ghouls already designate another kind of undead in my universe.

Necrotics, Undead, living dead, lurkers…etc