The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

So if someone genuinely does not see something wrong with their actions it’s ok?

1 Like

As long as they belive they are right they have power when they start to doubt themselves it diminishes

2 Likes

No the trigger is ingeniously made. Only the downright psychopathic or insane can go around the psychological trigger. Regular people doing too much evil have high chances of losing their powers.

It’s not 100% viable. I’d say 40% of regular paladin could disarm their trigger unwittingly. But inquisitors are quite harsh on paladins who lose their trigger.

Yes that’s also the case. Except for the insane, people are brought up to clear definitions of good and evil. It’s not about just or unjust actions, it only uses the morale compass.

That means that people that are more morally evil have higher resistance to the power loss. And those that are actually most vulnerable to it are the very good-oriented people.

The morale compass prevents clearly evil actions like rape, murder for the sake of murder, cruelty from being affected by the mindset of the person. The person can consider it just, but their brain still associate the action with evil. Only insanity or other mental afflictions can corrupt the moral compass.

Paladins were also very picky when it came to recruitment, and kept a close eye on their recruits. So cases of fallen paladins were actually very rare. And most of the time, it would take years of evil conduct for the trigger to work. It’s a very unreliable mix of magic and psychology.

3 Likes

The faithful are also quite vulnerable. But they share similarities with psychopaths. Zealotry gives great protection to the fanatics. But a single step out of line, a single sin could be enough for them to fall.

1 Like

Falling is not always permanent. Though most are broken beyond repair, others changed the nature of their powers through other means, or managed to rise back to grace.

1 Like

That moment, When you’ve been waiting for so long. And you trade in a somewhat longer less detailed story for a revamped intro with a load of detail. The fact that it isn’t done is quite the nuisance. However, I’m sorry that I’m checking this out right before I go to bed. I’ll be typing up a bug and typo/ grammar report after I get back home from work tomorrow. Who knows, maybe by my 5th time reading I’ll be much more satisfied. I like the whole primal power thing by the way. I’m very interested in the new direction you’re taking and the depth you’re adding. Good job. I’ve been waiting and waiting and it’s here so it’s time to party and have some fun debugging.

p.s.

2 Likes

I’m confused. Why was that a reply to me?

Nope, sorry. I was doing something else and the site still considered I was answering to you.

You’re reading the old version. This is a bug that I cannot fix myself, it can be solved by playing the game in a private window apparently.

1 Like

The update was lovely! I hope mc gets a chance to wash off after bc being dusty and sweaty is not a good combo. xD I feel bad for the mc since dust allergies are terrrible! Jokes aside, the prologue revamp was really cool, it was really atmosphereic, you can really feel and breath the setting,can’t wait to see what you do with the rest of the story!

1 Like

Not permanent you say smiles do go on…
https://d1nao0k9edgivc.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/lucifer-pilot.jpg

4 Likes

Cast that curse on door splinters

1 Like

Evil caltrops…
Hmm… chucks down 2 dozen D4’s on your floor
Hehehe…

3 Likes

Oh yeah by the way. I’d like to expand upon my waffle curse from earlier. after they smack someone in the face they go back through another portal to smack even more people. Hence the same waffle is smacking everyone that has ever and will ever be cursed in their own instance, but also at the same exact time. Even though they are technically linked.This could make for a very interesting addition to either a weird magic section or a time magic section, Or possibly a form of cruel humor.

p.s. If you don’t think that teasing someone with a waffle while they’re hungry is cruel. You’ve obviously never had it happen to you.

p.p.s. We still need to work out the details about whether the waffles have butter, syrup, peanut butter, etc.

p.p.p.s I recommend just syrup. Preferably blackberry as it tends to stain. This is a curse after all. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

are there any more romantic options planned.great story althought i did find some minor misspells

1 Like

OMG, I’ve been reading CoG for s long time but desided to register just to say this works is awesome! I love paladins, and Asterius is probably only one in CoG who is so iconic! And the atmosphere is really captivating, thank you!
P. S
This ending speech of his… Most. Epic cliffhanger. EVER. :heart:

1 Like

Evil incarnate. Worse than Lego pieces. :japanese_goblin:

That’s actually not what I meant. It is permanent it leaves à mark on you, a deep scar that will never truly close. You cannot regain what has been lost but you can grow beyond if you still have the will.

I’m at school right now, but if you have questions about that, ask away I’ll answer once I get home on five hours.

So why isn’t there an option to try to coax one of these feeble mortals into providing you with some valuable information about your current predicament? I mean, if Annie has the presence of mind to beg for mercy she’d surely be able to realize that answering a few questions is only courteous in response to it being granted. I mean, it seems like trying to avoid permanently damaging at least one of them for the express purpose of asking questions seems like a reasonable idea even if you don’t have any aversion about killing people. Sure they might be crazed with fear now, but if you don’t kill them they’ll eventually calm down as their fears of immediate unavoidable death prove to be unfounded, or if for no other reason than that being that scared is just plain exhausting.

5 Likes

i mean realistically you would but the plot probably needs you to find out later on