The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

I think we should only have one secondary weapon

7 Likes

Yeah, im with Cult on only one secondary, unless there could be a 3rd, kinda like special weapon

5 Likes

Well, if I allow you to take two, I will limit you to some choices. You won’t be able to choose two ranged secondary, or two defensive secondary at the same time. It would make no sense.

There will be special stuff. Though you probably won’t see it in the first book. You’ll need to meet an old friend first.

5 Likes

I also like the idea of a secondary weapon, But I think it should be limited, as an example, if you take a greatsword you can get a dagger or shorter blade either as a backup or to use both at once, or something like that, that way the players won’t be able to get two “main weapons” like two greatswords or two warhammer’s at once, and about ranged weaponry, you could have your great bow or whatever and have a backup dagger or falchion in case the enemies get too close.

2 Likes

Of course you won’t get two primary weapons. No matter how strong the MC is, it would be ridiculous to use two rather oversized weapons at the same time.

The goal of the secondaries will often be to enhance your combat abilities, like the brawling gauntlets making your unarmed attacks even deadlier, to be used in a pinch or to surprise the opponent. With the dagger for example, you’re in a clinch and you suddenly pull out your dagger to stab the other guy in the kidney. Or with the hook, you do the “get over here” to someone that’s running away instead of having to chase them.

8 Likes

Or a crossbow to shoot them with when they try to run away…while melee weapon is your primary weapon.

2 Likes

But my Dark Souls!

Don’t want to meet the Wright King in a back alley. I hear he has his gang of Bob’s hold you down while he does the deed. Terrifying experience.

More knives are always good but having to choose between a stabbing one and a throwing set…

7 Likes

Once upon a time, one of the most important antagonists was suposed to use two tower shields as weapons and just beat the hell out of people with shield bashes.

To be fair, I wouldn’t want to meet the Wight King anywhere. Kidney stabbing or not.

That’s why I thought about letting you choose two. Alternatively I could make “sets” but eh.

10 Likes

The trait system probably won’t be in the next update, neither for personality nor for weapons. Since if I want to do it properly, I’ll need to give some serious thought to the system. Once I write chapters that will make an extensive use of them, or go back on previous chapters for last modifications, I will work more in-depth on that system.

I need to do a last review of chapter 4 before I release the update. So, I might be able to release it tomorrow.

The update will contain chapter 4 and some of the improvements I’ve made to earlier chapters and different systems.

Chapter 5 will be separated in two paths with different events and opportunities, the paths converging at the end of the chapter for the 6th. 6th will have some new characters, incidental comrades and something nasty.

After that, while I work on 7th, I will also try to give some attention to older chapters, there is a lot of things I would like to remake in the prologue particularly, especially some consistency errors and adjustments for the future.

33 Likes

@bl00dragon You take all of the time that you need to take to write the story and have it come out how you envisioned it.

7 Likes

Of course. Anyway, these last few days I was very distracted and pestered by my headaches so I couldn’t get anything done.

Hopefully, I can get it done this week-end.

13 Likes

What do you mean week-ends don’t last for eighteen days?

Well, I vastly underestimated the time it would take me, but it’s done finally. Chapter 4 is done, and the demo is updated.

https://dashingdon.com/play/bl00dragon/the-wight-king/mygame/index.php?cb=74551

As a reminder of what comes with the update:

• Chapter 4 of course

• Weapons and secondary weapons

• Some changes to the stats and the stats screen

• An overhaul of the gender selection in the character creation in chapter 1

• Changes here and there

I hope you’ll like it. Give me your thoughts, any type of feedback is welcome.

69 Likes

Time isn’t real especially with quarantine

5 Likes

I am kind of curious what the paladin did after the Wight King and him had finished beating the tar out of each other

3 Likes

Well I’m sure you can easily guess what he did just after you left, he did what he could at the chapel, before organizing the hunt for you. As for what he’s up to now, you’ll have to discover it as the story goes.

4 Likes

Wanted to say, I enjoyed Chapter 4, it was a breath of fresh air after Chapter 3.

I also really appreciate the saber. It is exactly my style, especially if we get to use a warhorse in battle.

9 Likes

A group of Weaklings are weaklings still…I see we have another Dragons Dogma player here

14 Likes

picks up and wields warhorse Hmm this feels like a two-handed weapon.

But are they unto ants, or more like less noisy Chihuahua’s?

11 Likes

Probably closer to hornet’s

3 Likes

I like this a lot but I’m I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss the scythe;( I felt so cool when I had it but at least you kept the glaive

6 Likes