The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

When I looked it up all I got was war picks

1 Like

It might be called a Lucerne Hammer in english.

2 Likes

:joy: kinda wish the WK could get like a giant fan I’d love. Probably just the naruto fan in me.

4 Likes

A great sword and a war hammer/scythe combo… already even more sold :smiley:

3 Likes

To answer your question about sieges. The main advantage of an undead army is that it needs very little in term of supplies, which means that you do not even need to lead an assault in an ideal situation. You can wait it out until the humans run out of supplies.

But if you need to lead an assault and don’t have the time to wait for them to starve, it depends on what you have. You could have skeletons swarm the walls and scale them, you could try to blast the gates with magic or with large monsters, dig under the walls.

There’s no one solution, because it also depends on how well the city is prepared against a siege. They might have ballistas or catapults mounted on the walls, gates protected by magic. So you have to adapt your strategy to the defenses of the city you’re laying siege to.

You could even attack from inside, if the city is not shielded from outside spells and has a graveyard you could raise their own dead to attack them.

11 Likes

i have a feeling if you raise enough dead like that they are gonna start cremating the dead unless that happens to be some great religious no no

3 Likes

Yes they would. And actually they had the habit of doing that, and lost it over time because no major undead invasion happened for a long while. But some wouldn’t be cold-blooded enough to dig up their own dead to cremate them.

6 Likes

Reminds me of watching Warhammer videos with the undead forces.

What about catapulting diseased/enchanted cows that kill/raise those in the vicinity? It’s like attacking from the inside, by attacking from the outside. Or just launch your own undead at them or something, I don’t know.

2 Likes

what about the scimitar as a curved sword?

1 Like

Honestly my WK probably won’t be trying to take over the world though he has no problem attacking anybody who comes after him

3 Likes

Is that a wow reference?

No? Disease causes death. Magic raises corpses as undead. Simple stuff.

1 Like
Summary

Ohh…ok then. Since you can actually catupult diseased animal like cow and sheep in wow if you are an undead player…I thought you are one of the players.

2 Likes

@bl00dragon how effective would we be if we offhandedly or intentionally uttered the words “Klaatu Verata Nikto”

3 Likes

Nice WIP!

Interesting world and lore, the premise is great, engaging plot, and I also like the characters.

Feedback: The WIP uses a lot of symbolic and figurative language, it can be very descriptive and at times goes a bit too deep and makes it hard to follow. This type of writing style is not bad and can be made to flourished if used properly. I suggest editing a bit and making some trims here and there, though you do what you think is best, I am not a WIP author and understand that writing can be very difficult and time consuming.

Overall from what I’ve seen I give it a 9/10. Most other WIP’s I’ve read are not anywhere near this level though, so props to you on that.

4 Likes

We don’t do that here. We have the Wight King already to test the Mettle of Man™️

Thank you, glad you loved it. I’m trying to make my descriptions easier to swallow, and I’ve begun taking a look at the first chapters again as well to see what I could improve on.

8 Likes

Wow, its been sometime since I read this wip, still one of my favorites, I hope you doing well. After reading his description, I couldn’t help but picture Asterius as Duncan from Dragon age, grey eyes, beard, ponytail.
images (43)
images (41)

15 Likes

It’s a pretty good interpretation for Asterius’ look, though he’s a bit younger than Duncan.

5 Likes

Age is but a number, in the mc’s case a really big number probably, or will be.

2 Likes