The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

He’s reworking the stats and the like so that’s why there’s no shift.

6 Likes

Okay, Thank you!!

1 Like
Cool adventures with the wight king

https://youtu.be/IIYju1fggJ4

Being insufferable about putting your hands on anything remotely magical AND being too curious for your own good feel like the basic criteria for becoming a wizard.

I’m doing work on the stats right now, as was said above, currently they won’t serve much purpose, once I’m done the stat screen will be functioning again.

I’m kind of cross with percentile stats and working to make a stat screen and stats I’m satisfied with.

10 Likes

See you next year everyone🙋

5 Likes

Author returning from the dystopian hellscape french jungles of the free market every once in a while be like:

All capitalistic society wants is my time, and I find myself having less and less to spare.

29 Likes

Exciting to come back to this after I’ve been away from the forums for months! Hope you’re doing alright :v:t3:

6 Likes

Heyo, whilst I was brooding in headache-induced reflection, I thought of something more I could share about the lore of this world.

The Wheel of Flames:

This is a collection of notes I made regarding Aquilean religion, I thought it might be interesting to share it wit the people.

I was thinking about the Aquilean religion, templars are pretty important in the Wight King, and it’s going to come up more and more over time, so I thought I would do well to expand on it. I don’t really have a name for it, but I have some things to talk about regarding their mythology and important symbols they have, as well as how it influences the society of Aquilea.

They are a monotheistic religion that was built around a central savior figure and their apostles.

They believe that the world was created by “Demiurge”, the maker, the cosmic architect, the weaver of destiny, etc. An ancient, otherworldly force that fashioned the world from nothing and sent a savior for humanity, the chosen people, to take its rightful place as the dominant force of this world.

One of their most important symbols is the Wheel of Flames. It consists of three concentric rings, twelve spokes piercing them. Four of the spokes are longer, those at the cardinal directions.

The twelve spokes symbolise the twelve apostles of the savior and their twelve cardinal virtues. The three rings represent Demiurge at the center, the savior in the middle and the people of Aquilea at the extreme.

The flames of the wheel is a symbol for many things, faith, fervor, unity in purpose, mankind’s determination, the power of the Demiurge… The Wheel Of Flames is a symbol brought up by one of the central legends of Aquilean faith, that of the battle against the archenemy by the savior and the twelve apostles, of the final miracle that sealed away evil and guaranteed an existence for the chosen people. It has also come to represent the cycles of creation and destruction meant to sublime the world into an existence worthy of Elysium.

Their faith suffered heavy influence from Elysium considering it was in part inspired by a lost celestial who helped the “savior” defeat the archenemy.

It is a sort of… misinterpretation and re-appropriation of old legends of the twelve paladins and Radamanthe, mixed with a new savior figure rising up to create a sovereign nation meant to unite all of mankind. Which was heavily altered over time to fit the agenda of a powerful clergy and ruling class.

This faith has a lot of influence in Aquilean society, it pretty much shaped everything aspect of it. A rigid caste system, worship of the emperor as an incarnation of Demiurge’s will on the world, complete submission to the whims of nepotistic, hyper-wealthy and increasingly inbred religious caste that has become so integrated into the spheres of powers they basically rule themselves.

The two other castes are the military and commoner castes.

Military caste is made up of the families of warlords who swore allegiance to the Aquilea, acting as the custodians of the Empire and the rulers of the areas away from the capital city. The rest of the population is pretty much exclusively serfs working the fields, or artisans in the cities.

The capital city of Aquilea is a giant, sprawling megalopolis on the scale of something like New York.

It is a greater than life, milling anthill that swallowed up the everything around it, comprised in equal parts of sprawling estates of the ruling class as it is of the cramped ghettos of the commoners. Ruled over by a palace district large enough to be a small city of its own, and at the very top, a cathedral built in Demiurge’s name with a bell tower built high enough to touch the clouds.

It is said that when the bell tolls, the clouds part and heavenly light reaches down as the sound seems to come from Elysium itself.

17 Likes

“Damn it, Nappa!” Is that a DBZ:A reference in the middle of the code? :skull:

9 Likes

Wait until you see my obscure reference to french dubbing of a 90s anime.

7 Likes

Please tell me it’s the ‘Ken Le Survivant’ one.

2 Likes

Perdu. It’s actually Nicky Larson. (City Hunter)

4 Likes

Oh, that’s a classic too. They even ‘recently’ made a live action movie based on the dub in France.

Ken had a better opening though.

2 Likes
A message from Lynn Blackstone, captain of templars:

I’ve come to make an announcement, the Wight King is a bitchass mother fucker. He pissed on my fucking wife, Annya. That’s right, he took his undead little dick out and he pissed on my fucking wife, and he said his dick was THIS BIG. And I said “that’s disgusting!” So I’m making a callout post on my twitter.com.

Wight King, you got a small dick, it’s the size of this walnut except WAY smaller. And guess what, here’s what my dong looks like: PFFFFFFFFGJT. That’s right baby. All point, not undead, no balefire, look at that it looks like two balls and a bong. He fucked my wife so guess what, I’m gonna FUCK THE EARTH. THATS RIGHT THIS IS WHAT YOU GET, MY SUPER HOLY PISS.

Except I’m not gonna piss on the earth, I’m gonna go higher. I’m pissing on the MOOOOOON! How do you like that Asterius? I PISSED ON THE MOON YOU IDIOT! You have twenty three hours before the piss droplets hit the fucking Earth! Now get out of my fucking sight before I piss on you too!

:fish:

41 Likes

The late f!Wight King expresses her sincere condolences to the captain for his unfortunate obsession with dicks and also hopes that his efforts will not be wasted and he will be able to successfully piss off.

18 Likes

Decided to play again and once more; I have to say I love this.

I SHALL BRING THE WORLD TO A TREMBLE!!! All who carry the will enough to step before me shall bear witness to the true meaning behind death. May we meet again soon Templars!!

4 Likes

Not if I kill you first. Sorry, Blackstone, but new amendment, “die.”

What kind of name is Blackstone anyway? You could do a little better don’t you think Lynn?

5 Likes

Ah yes, the United States of Dreadspire.

The Wight Gang on its way to bully the hell out of a woman for being named after a rock.

18 Likes

The Wight King when the bitches in the order fuck with them one too many times.

21 Likes

My headcannon wight king looks like Lich king Arthas but chaos warrior looks nice too

5 Likes

is there romance? :o