The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

The perfect society

3 Likes

How about we have a village of zombies

3 Likes

@Emofang337
Why dedicate a whole chunk of land to a bunch of mindless, rotting husks whose only purpose is serving as shock-troops in a war? Unless they are semi-intelligent and of sturdier constitution, you are better off putting proper people and smarter undead in a village so you can reap its benefits in forms of taxes, labor and goods. Can zombies labor without contaminating a bunch of goods with disease? Are they intelligent enough to craft their own goods or carry over complex tasks? If yes, then sure, have a whole village of them… though I’m still not sure if that is a wise choice.

One large benefit to having a non-undead village is that all sorts of folks can enter and mingle, which means stuff, money and information can be exchanged. An undead village would garner too much attention, a prime target for the Guild and other more adventurous (or religious) folks to put to the torch… the rest, those with common sense and some degree of self-preservation, would just avoid it like the plague.

12 Likes

In Warhammer fantasy even vampires keep some villages filled with still people alive for multitudes of reasons such as using them as spies or a safe way to sneak people into cities or towns

2 Likes

It can also be used as “propaganda” for us, like, the people that live in that undead city that is literally controlled by the supreme necro lord have better lives and have to deal with fewer problems than us, maybe they’re not as bad as we think, of course, there are vampires, wights, and other “evil” beings walking on the streets and living their lives side by side with humans, elves and half-elves and they act like it’s normal, maybe, just maybe, they’re not that bad in the end.

Also @CultOfCthulhu, FOR THE LADY!!!

7 Likes

Ah a fellow Bretonnian I see

Also just because we are ruling the undead it doesn’t mean we are going to drive the living into extinction ( unless we want the vampires and ghouls angry at us.)

6 Likes

Human farms

You’ll jinx it. Now I’ll come back after every death, with the same mind but a different body to carry on my own legacy.

Sometimes I wish beating the shit out of it was enough to win. XD

Yes. Though, maybe not by the end of THIS game, but you can already start getting partisans. Do a Sauron on everyone and laugh at their face when they realize you don’t have just undead under your orders.

Husks don’t really have needs to fulfill, there’s really no reason for husks to ever live in a society, they don’t need to produce or buy goods, or whatever. A village of husks would be counter-productive, when husks are perfectly content to rest by lying in the tall grass in wait to bite the ankles of an unaware templar passing by.

Yes, it seems useless to do so. Though husks can guard villages for those who need them, that’s one thing they’re pretty good at.

If they’re fresh enough they’re still intelligent (depending on how much brain damage they got). But they are at their toughest when rigor mortis starts kicking in.

You don’t need these resources as much as a living ruler does, but there are still ways to profit from them. So it’s definitely a good idea to have slav… uh, collaborators that can work for you in this way.

If they are fresh, yes. If not so much then they do tend to spread diseases, especially in humid places, because in dry environments they tend to mummify rather than rot and are not as likely to contaminate what they touch.

Husks proper, definitely not. They have neither the dexterity nor the mental ability to do something complicated like assembling something. But they can perform simple actions, like hitting something or pushing heavy loads, so they can still be used in a sort of primitive production line.

Undead that are risen only a moment after they die are usually still able to do whatever they were able to do during their life (unless they have an arrow through the brain of course, husks are still affected by the state of their brain).

Yes, exactly.

Well there’s a limit to what propaganda can do. And no matter how hard you try, there will still be people on the other side of the fence calling you an evil overlord that eats babies and probably gathering a lot more support than you’d ever be able to get by winning people over.

Hmm, just try to avoid doing something that will make the mods come back.

You can consider the extinction ending to be a cheap victory, or a bad ending. But that’s one I want to write, one way or another, even if I have to make a separate game at one point for that branch of the story.

8 Likes

So can we eat babies??:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

No you monster we have standards only can be 14 or older :ghost:

3 Likes

Well then it wouldnt be propaganda

1 Like

one time it was ONE TIME. The Father handed it to me with hot sauce on it at a buffet meet and greet. i thought it was food. eat one baby suddenly your evil.

Not with this unknown person who in no way have i ever met. psst there are cameras and angry paladins in the crowd dial the Pr Face to 11

6 Likes

I can see why some folks would desire to walk that path but I find it a bit of illogical, even for an evil overlord. Remember the old adage - without life there can be no death and vice-versa? Well… how would you expand your army if every living creature ceased to exist? You might say that there would be no need for more undead at that point but the fact is we have eldritch abominations coming for us from other worlds… powerful eldritch abominations. Unless you start taking over other words as well or find a way to recycle your husks and other unliving, sooner or later you’d be in a tight bind.

It’s like killing the chicken that lays golden eggs. Think about the future. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

This is why you let some live as manufacturers for your armies populace aka Breeders. just like we do with chickens. rotating population in small Gene Cities when they get past a certain age they become your new undead soldiers. of course while they live there they would get any luxury they want, be well fed and healthy. Gotta keep them bones strong and the mind well developed.
granted this threads the extention threshold pop value bouncing between extinction value and endangered values regularly due to well maintained population control.

Alignment Masked Overlord 101: tips and tricks

3 Likes

Easy mistake to make don’t worry

Its an interesting point. Would ruling over a world devoid of anything except the undead be boring? I can see why, but the point of a Wight King seems to be to eradicate ‘oomies and increase your power. The best way to do that figuratively is to go that way.

3 Likes

This repression and discrimination toward people of nefarious dispositions is intolerable, this must stop!

Yes. Though at this point, logic probably isn’t even relevant anymore. For someone to reach the point when they want to destroy all life they must be either insane, a complete psychopath or in another way so far past their breaking point that they can’t be reasoned with.

I think it’s the accomplishment of “some people just want to watch the world burn”. It doesn’t make sense to a sane individual, but to these people this might be the only thing that makes sense anymore.

If you take this path, it would fork eventually between two different anihilation endings. In both, making more soldiers would become irrelevant for different reasons. They would be pretty different, in term of tone as well as in the consequences for the world and yourself.

I don’t want to spoil anything, but the difference between both endings will probably related to the Abyss.

Well, a world entirely inhabited with undead would eventually become a still world. Most undead do not have needs, or have needs that cannot be sated without life, so there would only be the needless left. Vampires, ghouls, dullahans, and even Wights would starve or enter a deep slumber. And in the end even skeletons and husks would one day stop wandering the dead ball of dust that the planet became and enter a state of endless sleep themselves. More like the Abyss than a real world.

The point of the Wight King isn’t really to eradicate the humans, it’s a consequence rather than a cause. The Wight King wasn’t created, it was never given a purpose, it simply is. You could see it like a flaw in the mortal coil, an inevitable defect that was never meant to exist, like a cancer to life itself.

12 Likes

I’m snowed in my house today
Suppose that’s what I get for living in Michigan

Edit. Are drauger a thing?

3 Likes

Well yeah, because they’re basically husks. It’s just a name difference because of culture.

There’s two types of undead that were born in the north though. Valkyries and the Einherjars.

I don’t have too much information to give on Valkyries yet. But I pretty much have Einherjars figured out.

The Einherjars are the result of traditions of ancestor worship, they are (mostly)benevolent spirits that are able to manifest in the physical world when called upon. Though the first Einherjars appeared in the North, eventually they also began to manifest in the central continent. Einherjars are always summoned, they can’t manifest on their own unless they have been bound to a place or an object in some way.

Einherjars manifest a physical form and are able to interact with the physical world but they are immune to physical damage and can only be harmed by magic and magic weapons. If they were summoned, you can simply wait until they run out of power and are forced to return to the spirit realm.

12 Likes

Happy Christmas Eve

And now merry Christmas

7 Likes

Merry Christmas everyone.

Just thought I’d give you an update. Chapter 4 is almost finished and I already have pretty clear plans up to chapter 7. I didn’t have a lot of time to write unfortunately, but the time I don’t spend writing I spend it on planning or expending on what I have so at least that’s that.

From now on chapters will probably tend to be shorter, because the rhythm will be different. But they’re also going to give you more options, different paths to explore, different things to do depending on your goals. Though there will still be huge chapters like the prologue. The goal will be to make branching paths, probably not to take you into entirely different directions for the sake of my sanity, but I’d like to make it so there are different ways to reach the same main goal, with different things you can set in motion for later as well. It would increase replayability and make each playthrough and each Wight King’s path more interesting.

Though I can’t really put numbers on that yet. The first objective will be pretty straightforward and once you reach it, if it goes as planned, things will get more open. But on the way there you will meet a lot of new characters and the path won’t be easy. I think that will take up to chapter 10 or 12.

Happy holidays to all of you.

29 Likes