The Wight King(WIP) - Chapter 6 added (12/01/2023)

So, can cursed weapons just curse the enemy(have an extra effect, empower user, etc) and have kinda of a symbiotic relationship with whoever wields it? Or do they all bring some kind of negative effect to the user?

2 Likes

It depends a lot on the weapon. Cursed weapons are more less living beings, able to grow and evolve. All of them have their own characteristics.

For example, a weapon called the Black Blade is a vicious, devious polymorph weapon that only lets itself be wielded by the weak of mind, those it can manipulate and bend to its will, shape into its perfect wielder, it’s a weapon that feeds on those it kills to grow stronger and makes its wielder into a subservient killing puppet, abandoning them at the first sign of them being able to fight off its influence.

But another cursed weapon would have you sacrifice some of your life with every strike for example. Or devour the soul of a loved one every time you use it. Another would spread into the blood of your enemies a deadly plague that jumps from corpse to corpse. Another might merge with the wielder and become part of their organism.

The effects, cost(if any) and relationship to the wielder can vary widely depending on the weapon.

8 Likes

I see, now my Wight King is gonna give a sword to some random person who has to kill a lot and force them to make it a family heirloom, wait a couple of centuries and see what kind of rng luck that family has, it’s all for science I swear!

Also, let’s say a immortal being or one that lives for a very long time that uses the same weapon over and over and treated it good, would that being get a cursed weapon that likes them and benefits them or they still got a chance of getting screwed over by the rng of curses?

4 Likes

Is there a wight king cursed sword?

So it’s basically the mcu’s soul stone? Cool I hope I won’t have to throw someone of a cliff to get it.

2 Likes

It’s that damn weapon from Skyrim. Need to kill followers with it to make it stronger.

3 Likes

The Ebony Blade?

2 Likes

Forgot the name, but it does sound like that weapon. It is found in the jarl’s quarter in whiterun. The quest with the jarl’s kid being possessed by the whispering lady.

4 Likes

So, could one of these cursed blades “modify” the wielder’s body in order to wield it better, like what happens in Sword Gai? could one of the blades achieve sentience if it becomes tainted enough, or in the very least make the wielder and blade one?

2 Likes

So killing people with a spoon, i could have most powerful and cursed weapon in the world?
Also this black blade by any chance

8 Likes

The handmaidens ladle is the most powerful weapon. The mighty wooden spoon is number 2

3 Likes

Well, I wouldn’t trust a random guy with potentially a sword that constantly drips venom that corrupts and rots through anything it touches anyway.

But, this is really not an exact science, there are very subtle variables, some of them simply out of your control. You can create favorable conditions, but that’s the best you can do, it works or it doesn’t and usually absolutely trying to make it work will increase the chances of failure.

It’s not simply about treating the sword well, even your personality will affect the way your weapon could twist into something more. But yes sometimes you get weapons like Caliban, the spear of the Kriegsgardian god of thunder, or the Arkadian sword of Kings.

Weapons don’t always end up cursed. Sometimes they become relics like these.

Well, with that one sword, every time you use it you seal a pact between you and the sword, and once the pact is sealed, one way or another the sword will get the soul that you care for the most. It can take days, a week, maybe an entire year but no matter how much you fight back it will eventually take it.

It’s one of the most powerful cursed weapons but probably one of the most cruel as well. It was locked away for good, and the secret of its location was well-kept.

When your kids turn into evil brats suddenly because of the deadra’s sword you left in the basement. :open_mouth:

Something similar, there are swords that merge with your body or your soul until your death.

You are taunting me to make the Tea Spoon of Ruination a thing.

The frying pan is obviously superior

10 Likes

Can their be cursed arrows

1 Like

I sense a story

Would a weapon already “geared” towards a certain trait be amplified if the wielder had that personality? And would it be possible for someone to change the weapon if they killed the owner and took it up?

5 Likes

Changing hands or killing the original owner does nothing to subvert or weaken the taint already present in the weapon. This is why it’s illegal to pass them down from generation to generation. If changing hands was all it took to change them from cursed objects to relics (blessed/beneficial) then it wouldn’t be illegal.

So I assume once a weapon acquires a particular trait or curse, it is permanent until destroyed.

4 Likes

They’re onto us boss

Yeah, there’s a story behind it. A pretty sad tale at that. That sword was locked away only a few centuries ago, it switched hands many times, was pretty coveted too, you know, the kind of artefact that makes you think “I’m the one, I’ll pay the price, I can handle it”. Which was probably just as foolish an idea as wanting to get the One Ring. XD

Weapons aren’t flexible like humans. Once they turn cursed, it becomes part of their nature, it’s so deeply part of them that it’s next to impossible to alter them.

Yeah, exactly. Basically, a tainted sword could still be altered if someone else looted it and finished the process, but once they’re cursed it’s too late. A cursed weapon turning into a relic, or a relic being tainted into a cursed weapon is even rarer than cursed weapons in the first place.

6 Likes

Would a weapon forged in like hell or wherever the gods lived affect what kind of corruption?

5 Likes

That’s from the old demo.

2 Likes

What the fuck are you talking about? The old demo is three years old, the new demo was here for a long time, your “advice” was posted when the new demo was out.

Oh because your english sure is perfect.

If you’re here to be condescending, don’t bother coming back.

23 Likes

Besides if there was a error anyone can point it out no need to get insulting show the error and move on

6 Likes