The "Why Are You (Feeling Emotion)" Thread

i’m bizarrely amped up and i’m not sure why. i think it might be bc i’ve been promoting my WIP interactive fiction so much and now i’m just vibrating and on edge to see responses? dunno.

it’s mildly unpleasant though. i want to concentrate and work, damn it.

There’s a very particular feeling in the space between putting work out there and hearing the response from the audience, isn’t there? I hope you can find pleasure in it as well!

So I’ve recently come to realize that when you start thinking “Do I like him as a friend or do I like like him?” it is already too late for you

So I met this guy through my other friends a while ago and so I don’t even know him very well, not that I wouldn’t like to get to know him, I’m pretty sure I’ve been developing a crush on him which felt pretty unexpected for me

I’ve talked to him, both online and in person before, but suddenly because of this being around him makes me feel super nervous and self conscious and everything and it’s just a lot to handle. I know he’s gay but I don’t know if he’d be into a trans or nonbinary guy so that just makes me even more nervous

I’ve never dated before and I’ve liked people in that sense only a handful of times before so the possibility of getting rejected scares me and also the possibility of not being rejected, no matter how slim of a chance I think it is, might scare me even more because I’m really awkward and don’t know what I’m supposed to do in that type of situation

He’s a couple years ahead of me so I don’t share any classes with him or anything and I’ve only hung out with him in person a few times this semester and sometimes he’d go to school events that I’d most likely miss because I can’t usually stay long after class and he’d post a snapchat in the group chat or something and I’d feel like “Shit I wish I was there” but also now the thought of being around him gives me anxiety :weary:

Just be ready and follow your heart. If you don’t try you fail by default. Also be ready for success in case you find it.

I’m worried as hell and tired. I have 7 cats and all of them are sick. Two are mostly healed (but unfortunatelly, one of them has escaped from home today and I’m pretty worried if she will come back at night so we can give her the last medicine dosage), 3 are the “average” sick and 2 are in a critical condition. One of the critical condition, Taiga, already has breathing troubles so it concerns me she’ll get a pneumony or something like that… The other is the younger one and he doesn’t eat cat food, so it’s hard to give something that can keep him strong, specially because his throat seems to be hurting so he can’t eat.
It’s painful not only to see them like that when in a normal day they’d be sleeping in my lap, trying to enter the fridge and playing… It’s also painful the process to give them the medicine. It’s a pain to give pills to cats, it’s so hard and they seem to suffer a lot. One of my cats could have killed my sister because she scratched my sister’s neck while she was holding her to give her the medicine. We had to pay out even more money to get an injection medicine, it was impossible to give her pills. The medicine doesn’t heal them, just cut the symptoms a little but it just doesn’t seem to be working with Taiga and Frajola, the other critical condition cat.

I’m happy Rajinha (one of the mostly healed cats) came back home because she went missing for 4 days and she was already sick. But it’s HER fault my other cats are sick, because she’s the one who spend most time wandering outside and she was the one who brought the illness home to my other cats that stay home all the time. So I can’t help but feel angry at her for it.

It’s been very tiring to take care of them, especially because I have to do it alone from morning until 6 PM, because that’s when my mom and sister come back home. The windows and door need to stay closed so my other 2 wanderer cats can’t escape, so it’s hot and breathless in here.
I’ll go with my sister to a Comic Con this friday, we’ve been looking forward to it since April. But I just don’t see how we’re gonna relax and have fun there knowing how my cats are, and even worst, relax leaving my mom to take care of them by herself for a whole day. I really, really hope they get better until friday.
Of course, it if we put aside other stressful things I’m living right now. I’ve been through heavy crap, especially because I used to live with a drunk father for 17 years, but this is being the worst December of my life so far.

I’m numb.

It’s a defensive mechanism, you see. The human mind has this thing where it really doesn’t want to feel stressed. My mind doesn’t want to think about my steadily declining financial situation, or about the fact that it seems like I live in an empty house all the time. It doesn’t want to come to terms with feelings of inadequacy I’ve pushed aside but never really dealt with. It doesn’t want to deal with my estrangement from my family, who still love me, but whom I don’t want to contact because of all the distress they’ve put me through. My mind’s aware that I really have ywo settings: off, and full blast.

And it doesn’t want to go into full blast. It knows what happens then.

So yeah. I’m numb.

I hope things get better for you, that sounds rough. Just thought I’d share my method of giving cats pills, not sure how useful it’ll be to you or anyone else, but it worked for me. What I’d do is sit my cat on my lap, then cover it in a blanket wrapping my arms around just above it’s front paws. Then I’d hold open it’s mouth whilst someone else put the pill in it’s mouth, then I’d shut it’s mouth until it swallowed. Hope that helps someone, and hope things improve for you :slight_smile: .

We’ve been trying this method, fortunatelly it works for most of my cats, but not for Gremlin, the cat that scratched my sister’s neck. She’s big, fat and really really strong, none of us can hold her, that’s why we had to give her the medicine by injection. In fact, I helped my sister to hold Gremlin while my mother tried to open her mouth and give her the pill and even so we didn’t make it, she escaped even with the 3 of us above her. I nearly cried that day because she’s very attached to me, it was painful to hold her like that, then she got scared of me for the rest of the day :sweat:
Last night my mom came from work and started to cry when she saw our younger one not being able to eat :weary:
I really appreciate your concern :slightly_smiling_face: thanks a lot.

This is Gremlin, just out of curiosity. In these pics she was around 10 months old, nowadays she’s 2 and even bigger

Gremlin pics

My feelings for this guy I know make me anxious and I can’t focus on anything and there’s a week and a half left of the semester and I have final projects to finish. I really don’t have the time for this

I have an english litterature and a translation exam tomorrow. Johnny Hallyday, the french equivalent of Michael Jackson is dead.

THIS IS NOT A GOOD DAY.

What? He is dead?

:notebook_with_decorative_cover:

Ouais. A 2h ce matin, chez lui.

Ouah, je m’y attendais pas…
Bon courage pour tes exams, tu fais quoi comme études ?

Littérature et civilisation anglaises. C’est mes derniers partiels, et même si j’ai pas peur (pas mal de points d’avance), ça m’embêterais de me prendre une sale note…

J’étudie l’anglais aussi :slight_smile: Donc je connais ta souffrance, ah, Littérature…

Je hais Sheridan. Plein de mots pour ne rien dire, la quintessence du théâtre anglais.

Je parle français. J’habite à Serbie. Paris Saint-Germain, Olympique de Marseille. Allons enfants de la Patrie ! Antoine Griezmann, N’Golo Kanté. Au revoir !

Hey everyone.
What’s up ?

Ouais. A 2h ce matin, chez lui.

Ouah, je m’y attendais pas…
Bon courage pour tes exams, tu fais quoi comme études ?

Littérature et civilisation anglaises. C’est mes derniers partiels, et même si j’ai pas peur (pas mal de points d’avance), ça m’embêterais de me prendre une sale note…

slowly gets out of the room

Don’t worry, we continued in a PM, don’t be afraid of us French, we are really… friendly. :smirk:

Hmm… In that case
Hi snow panther, I am dungeon
Nice to meet ya