The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

:smirk::smirk::smirk:

What a useful ability to have in a battle :slightly_smiling_face:

-_- heck no. And I don’t plan to. It’s the one thing I will NEVER do.

I loathe triangles. More power to those who can handle all that drama though XD

8 Likes

You are not alone in this one, I think we have a club about “nope, not playing that monstrosity” :joy:

A common opinion regardless the love triangle is, a lot of us will play it once all the books are out, so we can make it quick (and very painful, lol)

8 Likes

For someone who’s is not American, I shall plead the fifth.

1 Like

Ah, you are a N addict as well? Can’t play the different routes without flirting with them at least once XD.

Good choice, if you feel you aren’t emotionally ready then… Yeah its probably best and- Oh do you hear that? I think it’s people heading off to play the LT route

Summary

tenor%20(10)

9 Likes

So I just saw this adorable article, and I can so see our Felix doing this too :hugs: Police Video Shows Kind Motorist Saving A Squirrel's Life - The Dodo

5 Likes

good thing vampires can’t get rabies…

2 Likes

That is so precious.:sob::blush:
Felix got so excited. (Pretty sure our Felix would get like that too).

2 Likes

Basically my detective was trying to live her normal everyday life then they showed up oozing typical vampire arrogance. Like if they were evil they’d be the guys from the Donor WIP. They treat the MC like a child disrespecting them and the one/s that are “friendly” seem patronizing. Then to add onto this problem there’s the additional resentment that comes from being local police and the “feds” come to town to over rule you" and THEN they’re assigned as your babysitter which is condescending in and of itself.

3 Likes

N and F? How so?

2 Likes

A is definitely an asshole to begin with (and my MC tells him so to his face every chance she gets until she finally learns the truth), and M is just rude (but, somehow, it doesn’t bother me, because I totally get him), but I disagree about F and N being patronizing.

Well, I disagree about F being patronizing–he’s about as far from patronizing as you can get. He may be a bit shallow about some things (seriously, F, stick your opinions of my dark apartment up your butt, though I do share your opinion of that piece of shit car), but he gives the MC more credit than any of them and assumes the detective is just as competent as any of them. My main MC (M path) ends up looking at him like a kid brother, because he’s very much a big (and old) kid.

N… I don’t think N means to be patronizing. Yes, they are somewhat patronizing, but I think that stems from them being the team ‘mom’ and both looking out for everyone and keeping them in line. N is no more patronizing to the MC than they are to F and M (constantly reprimanding them for behavior and language). By the same token, N is protective of both F and M, and starts showing that protectiveness toward the MC (romanced or not, though in different ways) early on. It’s a mom thing.

I agree with this. My main MC wanted to tell Rebecca to shove her team and her attitude up her ass as soon as she came in with the “you have to use my resources” blah blah blah. Fuck you, lady. I blame the whole babysitting attitude on her, too. Had she approached the situation differently, UB might not have been as condescending as they were from the start. Even after Murphy is caught (or not, if that’s how your MC rolled), Rebecca has a shitty attitude and a controlling superiority complex. At the beginning of book 2, my MC could’ve happily smashed Rebecca’s skull in with a brick after she rubbed it in that the team (which you were supposed to already be a part of at the end of book 1, but somehow got cut out for two months) is there to protect and ‘watch’ you. She’s demeaning, rude, and, to put it bluntly, a control-freak bitch, so it’s hard to blame UB for having a shitty attitude toward the MC when they’re so used to following her lead and that’s how she treats her own daughter. My hope is that the team will gain respect for the MC through the MC’s actions and the hell with Rebecca. God, I hope she dies in book 5…

Edited to add:

Comparing mothering techniques between Rebecca and N, N is a way better mom than Rebecca could ever hope to be. After all, N was the first one who wanted to be honest with the MC and saw the danger of keeping the MC in the dark. Had it not been for Rebecca’s dumbass orders, and A’s determination to follow orders no matter the cost, the MC would’ve learned the truth much earlier. Furthermore, the MC would’ve known who Murphy was as soon as they laid eyes on him and the whole damned situation could’ve been avoided. But no, Rebecca believes in lying and hiding shit because she thinks she knows all. N recognized the danger in it all, and was proven correct. Too bad they aren’t the type to shove Rebecca’s nose in it, lol.

3 Likes

It’s a nine book series anyone who imagines Rebecca is going to be making it to the end is Kidding themselves :wink:

I can’t remember which game it was …wait I think fallout 3. When paladin cross asks you about your father. One of the options which I’d use to speak about Rebecca is “He died as he lived a selfish asshole”

1 Like

Hopefully, you’re right. I want her dead and out of the MC’s life. She’s a horrible excuse for a mother. Her attitude puts the MC in a great deal of danger… repeatedly, and she never learns from her own stupidity and refuses to treat the MC like a competent adult.

But I think it’s only a seven-book series, not nine.

I remember that quote, and it was definitely a Fallout game. It’s very fitting of Rebecca.

1 Like

It’s actually a 7 book series and its extremely unlikely Sera will kill off a main character like Rebecca. I personally love Rebecca as a mom. I can understand why some don’t like her or really hate her but to me she’s trying her best and my mc appreciates that and looks up to her hard working and self reliant part. I mean, she was already working for the agency when she had the mc which she wasn’t expecting. And to be fair she was young. Also its pretty obvious she values the MC’s life more than her own and anything else really. I think part of the reason why I like her so much is because I’m just a sucker for family love and good relationships.

15 Likes

Well… Not really this book focuses on relationships, be it friendships or romances. Its supposed to be an escape from reality not something dreary… But I guess to each their own. All I know is that sera isn’t that kind of dark writer, so don’t be surprised if no one dies or a horrible tragedy doesn’t take place.

12 Likes

It seems like she’s overcompensating with that. The woman was never around when the MC was growing up, so she’s out to prove something. I don’t buy the ‘love’ from her. If she actually loved the MC, she would’ve been up front about the danger the MC was in–like N said, keeping the MC ignorant isn’t keeping them safe. Rebecca is old enough by now to understand that, so the only explanation I can find–given her condescending and overly controlling attitude–is that she doesn’t give a damn about the MC at all, past a weird obsessive possessiveness. It’s all about control and her deciding what’s best. She comes off as a complete and utter bitch where the MC is concerned. The MC isn’t ten years old, anymore, so she needs to stop treating her like it.

That’s the thing–I don’t see family love and my MC definitely does not have a good relationship with Rebecca. Unless Rebecca changes her attitude and backs the hell off (and allows the MC to develop a close working relationship with the team where she’s treated as an EQUAL instead of a child Rebecca has assigned them to babysit), then my MC will NEVER have a good relationship with her. She seems to be doing everything she can to make sure the MC never has a good relationship with the team, and that’s just wrong. At this point, my MC honestly just wants Rebecca out of her damned life for good, because Rebecca is already getting worse in book 2, instead of better.

Well, we know the entirety of book 5 will be horrible and miserable, so that sounds pretty dark to me. Though, given Sera’s love of ‘angst’, it probably just means the developed relationships will go to hell and the MC will be sad and miserable thanks to the ROs (even the three with whom the MC won’t yet have an actual relationship).

Personally, I’d rather have Rebecca die. The team would be sad, and even if the MC doesn’t really give a shit directly, they’d feel for the team. Or, better yet, have the MC stuck in that horrible nightmare-inducing machine for most of the book, all because of Rebecca’s know-it-all attitude. That’d be awesome, especially if she finally actually admitted the danger the MC is in and the pain they’re going through is because of Rebecca’s shit attitude.

So it’s Charlie Brown the series… No wait Charlie Brown had drama like when Charlie Brown nearly died and Marcie told peppermint Patty that she loved Charlie Brown and would marry him if she could.

Hmmm trying to think of a series with no drama, tragedy, or darkness… Maybe Barney the Dinosaur?

LOL.

Seriously, there is some darkness already. The torture the MC went through at Murphy’s hands was pretty dark, and the ‘change’ to the MC’s blood (all Rebecca’s fault!). Also, a kid was murdered, which is pretty bad, even if the reader wasn’t attached to him or whatever. I’m sure there will be other similar things happening throughout the series, too.

It’s just that Sera says she’s a light writer. So, since this is a romance story, the major drama and misery will likely be coming in via the romances (neverending interruptions, refusal to admit feelings till the end, not having feelings till the end, and whatever other trope and plot device you can think of to keep couples apart and the MC unhappy).

There’ll likely be more deaths, but probably a bunch of no-names we don’t care about, anyway. So yeah, as much as I’d love to see Rebecca die, @books4breakfast is probably right–it’s not gonna happen.

I am sadly limited by game not scope of player capacity of lie that’s my main criticism. CAN’T LIE . Everyone lies my mc but we have to say truth each answers. I would love hate Rebecca while fake being sincere love her. It could havw bring so much sceneswith UB noticing via feromones that my character is lying to Rebecca.

Is this game is only with a very narrow vision when everyone is ponies and rainbows and P has to be super ponies and rainbows queen or king. Sadly i love game and story but will kill for a few moments of realism and less pink vision

1 Like

Well, something that was stated very early on on the wip of book 1, is that the MC is, essentially, a good person. There are no going to be options to get out of that, you can be serious, stern, stoic, etc etc, but not actually bad.

I guess that if you don’t know anything about the development when you start playing, you might come with another idea to the game, expecting it to be darker or something, but yes, the game is at its essence about good people dealing with what live throws at them the best way possible.

18 Likes