The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

I’d love for it to be as simple as them getting pared together on a couple cases and N’s niceness just chipping at A until they just decided N was now and forever more their favorite person.

11 Likes

omg, that’d be amazing too!

A: [is alone for who knows how long]

A: This is nice.

N: [appears] Hello!

A: Oh…oh this is…nicer?

17 Likes

Lol all of you are so softies :hugs: This should be the Gummy bear thread :wink:

AND STILL BEING A JOKE GUYS

5 Likes

Ahhhh, that’s adorable!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I kinda wonder how long they’ve been with the Agency. Surely not since it’s founding

1 Like

Your emotes were on point :ok_hand:

3 Likes

You know, I honestly have no idea. I don’t even think there’s anything in the books so far that can hint at it either.

But the only reason I’ve ever headcanoned/wanted A to have been one of the founders is:

1. I find that idea mildly hilarious.

Detective: So…just how many other instances in history have you been eyewitness to??

A: I didn’t tell of you this so you can create a guessing game—

F: Quick! A! Tell the Detective about the time you stole H. G. Wells’ bicycle!

A: Absolutely not!!!

F: A crashed it into a ravine!!

A: [strangled death noises]

2. Completely personal reasons that have nothing to do with the game.

Do any of you remember Men In Black? The first movie?
Well, the scene that has always stuck out to me wasn’t the gags or the jokes, but when Agent K is explaining to Jat the story of first contact.

Kay: There were nine of us that first night. Seven agents, one astronomer,

Kay: and one dumb kid who got lost on the wrong back road.

Jay: Oh, you brought that tall man some flowers.

I’m not entirely sure why, maybe I’m just easily manipulated by music scores, but this scene always stuck out to me. It’s bittersweet, as it symbolized the creation of something important on a scale that is still unknown to the general public, but at the loss of Kay’s normal life. The other eight founders were there because they wanted to be, but Kay was there because the universe wanted him to be.

I don’t think this is exactly how it would have gone for A, for all we know they were a soldier long before joining the Agency, but I do think it would be nice if we found out that perhaps the founding of the Agency was almost pure happenstance on A’s part, that they never intended to join something bigger.
It’d be almost poetic, in a way, that despite having to live in the shadows, despite only helping people from afar, this Agency they helped found has also been the source every connection in their life, connections that with vampirism they never even expected to have, but that they’ll get regardless.

:slight_smile: But that’s just me.

7 Likes

And i desire exactly the contrary The agency being far more ancient and sinister. With A and the guys being almost force conscripted to it A shady organization mad with power and secrets that move the strings of world. With Agents being considered expendables.

But that’s me if story is so goodie everything is happy i start to snore saying were is the fun of hippie happy agency.

Still I love hear all your goodie canons as are interesting :slight_smile: :turkey:

4 Likes

Ok, so, I wanted to say, I fucking love this, and now I can’t take stop thinking about A being some ancient Celt warrior that were doing their own thing when a portal from the Echo World opened and they got involved wanted it or not.

And I love thinking of A as some ancient being who had no idea of modern science and was living in an old village without the whole super hard discipline going on, and maybe because they were ripped from this they had to harden up, to be able to forget their old life

3 Likes

I want the detective to hang this up when A eventually punches a whole in the wall.

20180927_094221_20180927094745432_20180927094902190

17 Likes

Funny thing I fan canon my character has a message in his desk IT IS NOT BROKEN IS A PIECE OF CONTEMPORARY ART

7 Likes

Yeah, with this you will be a bit disappointed. As you say, this is a goody story, and as such, the Agency is actually good (which I find refreshing, because usually is always super shady, etc etc).

But, we know that there is a rat within their ranks, which is another thing I can’t wait to find out about.

Wait, there’s a rat in the agency? :anguished:

I actually think it would be interesting if N joined first and then A joined :thinking:

I have no reason to think this other than to explain where A’s deep respect for N originated from, and I think the Agency’s goals sound more like something N would be originally drawn to, where A probably just like the structure that being part of an organization like the Agency would provide.

12 Likes

Haven’t you play the first book? :thinking:

Oh I have a magic trick I skip mentally all the part agency is cool from my mind. Is called selecting reading . :black_joker:EDIT

I FOUND IT MY JOKE EMOJI :black_joker:

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s just been awhile.

Well, if you remember, Murphy got hold of a substance called DMB, which is strictly created and controlled by the Agency, whoever gave the DMB to Murphy, is a member of the Agency, so… suspense music

8 Likes

How have I not see this before…:exploding_head:

I totally could help the mole in the agency but sadly Idon’tthink is a option. I hope at least a neutral choice to doesn’t care in the agency

1 Like

So far we have had the choice to stay neutral, so I don’t see why it would disappear later on :smiley:

And now…

F is actually likely the one to realise that the MC is the only one for them the quickest!

I love this vampire so much <3

9 Likes