The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

Hope no one minds me throwing in here, too…

Stubbornness will also get you up and moving after you fall down. The combo that got one of mine to keep from getting bitten was:

• High combat skills (she had 67% at the end… you get another 2% combat if you wriggle your wrists free, just FTR)
  • High stubbornness (68%)
  • She fought against the bonds because she was pissed (when Murphy had her tied up), but responded with either sarcasm or threats for the rest of the interactions with him

With this, during the fight, she noticed Murphy favoring his left side and clutching his waist. When he grabbed for the detective, she slams her hand into his side. You still get your arm clawed, but you don’t get bitten.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to keep from getting your arm clawed? I figured it was just there so Murphy could get your blood.

1 Like

If I remember correctly, you will get clawed if you weren’t bitten.

5 Likes

Just FYI, all the possibilities are answered in detail in the FAQ under:

Book Specific Questions > Book One > How can I keep Murphy from biting me?

for the lazy, lol

Oh, and for reference, getting bitten by Murphy isn't a 'bad ending' or anything, as he will always manage to get your blood somehow, it's merely that him biting you is more ~d r a m a t i q u e~, but otherwise has no effect beyond flavor text in both Book One, and Book Two (as far as I can tell).

Personally, I always have Charlotte get bitten on the neck because I like torturing her and Nate, mwahahaha. It’s all about roleplaying, really.

Also, @resuri08 I love your new icon!!! :sparkles:

11 Likes

I was watching a video just now, and a horse listener said “horses are unicorns, you can only see their horn if you are also magical”. And… omg…

F, there is still hope. Go find a mage or something.

11 Likes

You trying to tell me F isn’t magical themselves?? They are a magic blessing on us all.

7 Likes

Maybe you have to be a magic wielder

4 Likes

That’s fair. I don’t think F could be trusted wielding magic.

6 Likes

I’m sorry for double posting but-

This is both super interesting and proof that F is best vampire. They were always perfect.

9 Likes

Does kinda explain why I have a hard time seeing F as anything other than a really good friend…

3 Likes

I can’t imagine A being intimate with anyone, even before they were turned lol

And what if F was in a relationship when they fell through the portal, leaving their SO behind :cry:

Well at least we know UB re all experienced lovers wink wink

5 Likes

Poor A but since I went through their route, there were indication that A is not all cold. I even read it in other routes, not intimate imo but the interaction between A and F during F route indicate someone who cares as well as between A and N.

3 Likes

No, they’re not cold, but they’re pretty stubborn and dense. It’s not very conducive to relationship forming, so it makes me wonder how in the world they got that close to someone. Maybe it was their doppelganger or something.

1 Like

Yeah… well…we will found out soon enough or I do know their type so it’s not hard to imagine. :joy:

They weren’t always a vampire and probably wasn’t always so cold and closed off. They probably were in a relationship with someone and maybe it ended badly, maybe even to do with their vampirism.
They hate when you call them a monster. Maybe the person they we’re in a relationship with was afraid of them and called them a monster when they turned into a vampire. Could be why they prefered to remain alone.

16 Likes

That seems possible. Whatever their backstory is, I’m ready for the angst!

2 Likes

http://seraphinitegames.tumblr.com/post/176983240518/would-ub-ever-go-to-an-amusement-park-ride-the

F CONTINUES THE TREND OF BEING THE BEST FRIEND A GAL COULD HAVE. F, ride the tower of power with me. F, pls… pls

3 Likes

This is why I love F so fucking much. What she described in that ask is basically the relation me and my husband have. And I will always be all over the “if your partner is not your best friend, you are doing something wrong” thing.

8 Likes

If we’re all just gonna gush about F, which is my favorite past time-

F isn’t quite as suave as N, but they can do it when they want, lol. Especially ‘cause they just tend to say what’s on their mind.

Ahhhhh!! :two_hearts:

11 Likes

I really liked that line. F is definitely more smooth in this book. This is one of the reasons I hope the people who wrote him/her off in the last book don’t in this one.

6 Likes

Ahh the reasons F is my son/husband.
By the way, who ever wrote this ask, show yourself becuase I love you!

‘But I always promote the continued learning of well-known subjects.’ -N S̶e̶w̶e̶l̶l̶ Suavewell

7 Likes