The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

M would deal with it worst. Probabaly a lot of pacing and sulking.

M <3
Dear lord, M is adorable to be so grumpy. I hope F would tell the MC all about it when they return, for teasing and stuff.
I wonder how they would react when the detective would come back earlier as a surprise…?

14 Likes

Hello! May I please have an invite to the Detective Discussion thread and the NSFW thread? I’ve been reading this thread for days and can’t get enough lol (ps the demo has had me smiling for like a week straight)

Could I be invited to both please? TIA! x

Angsty memory stuff?

You know, i read all about forgetting stuff and the first thing that popped into my head was this:

A MC that absolutely loves white roses for example could be any kind of flower and the RO always gifts them white roses. When MC gets too old and dies they are put on top of white roses and all that.

Now, centuries later, the RO watches this white rose and picks it up to smell it with a smile.
RO’s friend walking up to them : “What are you doing?”
RO sill smiling at the rose : “Nothing. Just…for some reason they always put a smile on my face.”

Edit: I think i flagged my own post how dumb do you have to be to do that?!

11 Likes

Um, just wanted to say hi to everyone here! :slightly_smiling_face: I’m looking forward to participating in discussions anything and everything Wayhaven goshihopeimnotweird :sweat_drops:

I have a question! Choosing any other options besides the bold and shy ones, does it affect how the romance flows? Will the romance scenes be devoid of mentioning how shy/bold the MC is? Sorry if this has been asked before.

7 Likes

Hi! It’s nice to meet you! (don’t worry, you’re no weirder than the rest of us, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: )

Regarding your flirt style question:

Firstly, please don’t feel bad if it’s been asked before, this thread can be so large that it’s hard for even Sera to keep up with it! If you ask a question and it’s been answered, we’ll generally answer it again because…who’s got time for scrolling all the way up??? Me, I do, because I have no life.
No, onto the meat: Sera has told us quite a few time that M in particular will have fun with a shy MC, which stands to reason that characters will comment on it. Perhaps not all characters, likely only the ones invested in your romance (the RO, F so they can tease you, Tina so she can tease you, etc).
That said, I don’t remember if Sera has explicitly stated something along the lines of, “Yes, your flirt style will be commented on in-game.” It’s only something I’ve inferred and I welcome any correction!

Anyway, I hope you have fun talking about Wayhaven with us @caelestys!

9 Likes

Thank you for the welcome! I hope we will get along.

Ah I was wondering about that, thanks for the clarification! It makes sense now that you put it that way. As for M having fun with a shy MC… why am I not surprised. :woman_facepalming:t2: /chuckle

I tend to choose shy options because I’m a shy person ahah :sweat_drops: But sometimes I feel like it backfires terribly when M is involved. Welp. You win some, you lose some. :joy:

6 Likes

I wouldn’t worry too much about what the ROs like. Wayhaven isn’t a game where you have to have a specific build in order to attain a romance, it’s about the journey of a romance, even from two disparate people. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sera mentioned that A is the oldest vamp. So, any ideas on the upper bounds of A’s age? I always thought that they were from the Victorian era/French Revolution, but that seems kind of young now…

My gut still says Napoleanic Era, but the upper bounds are…practically limitless.

Hell, for all we know, A could be one of the first humans to have mutated blonde hair, about 11,000 years ago.

And meanwhile, N can barely work a phone…

10 Likes

I really admire that A is great at adaptability (except in some cases… :joy:) even though they are the oldest of team. :thinking:

1 Like

True, that does make me feel better. I don’t usually do self-inserts when it comes to IF, but Wayhaven is an exception! Can’t help myself :eyes: /eyes N

1 Like

Also, this is just something I was thinking about–with the love triangle in mind. Personally I love this trope for the amount of delicious angst coughs but also because of the aesthetic. Although I’m aware that MC clearly has feelings for both A and N in this route, I just have to indulge myself.

Here’s an explanation of it:
“Hanahaki Disease is a fictional disease in which the victim coughs up flower petals when they suffer from one-sided love. It ends when the beloved returns their feelings (romantic love only; strong friendship is not enough), or when the victim dies. It can be cured through surgical removal, but when the infection is removed, the victim’s romantic feelings for their love also disappear.”

yay

oof hanahaki disease haven’t heard that term in a while, i could definitely see the angst potential in that. also welcome!! :heart:

1 Like

Okay, but 11,000 years I think is pushing it a little :rofl:

I have a secret hope that A is originally of the Gauls. That would make them approximately 2,000 years old. It would also still work for them knowing French and being heavily martial-minded (no matter their gender). Gauls were also known for being fair skinned even compared to the Romans.

edit: OH doesn’t A also know Latin? Did I invent that? This also fits my theory.

7 Likes

That was an interesting read. I have limited knowledge in European history except for some major ones.

Ahh, thank you! :sweat_drops: And yup, it’s one of those things that often slip from my mind but I do like the concept! Who doesn’t love angst? :wink:

I like this theory. Now I imagine Adam being in the army and donning that blue, red, and white uniform!

2 Likes

I can very much get behind this theory! It’s pretty much where I was at, too, tbh. I was sitting here going, "Oh, man, they could have been a Gaulish Celt! That’d give us the French basis they so obviously have (du Mortain, come on), and it could easily explain a lot of things about their skillset, and, tbh, anyone that old still functioning reasonably well would have to have mastered adaptability in all the ways A obviously has - but would also have to be a stubborn enough SOB to persist through the parts where adapting wasn’t viable!

Plus, you know…the Gauls are interesting. <.<

tldr; I like this theory!

2 Likes