The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

N is pulling out all the stops.

10 Likes

And let me add

Though, as a possibly interesting note, Rebecca did not discuss taking on F as a new member of UB with the rest of UB.

Thatā€™s it, mom, protect the baby of the group!

9 Likes

actual, F were not a part of the group, so I am interstet to find out, why Rebecca wanted to have them in the team so much, that she didnā€™T discuss it with the team, which would with A and mybe M probably not wanted that ball of joy that is F in their team, if they would have been asked

1 Like

Iā€™m curious can an agent leave an unit to join another unit? Because the only reason I can see F putting up with A and M is if they were forced to lol.

2 Likes

Well at first M and F were aparently in a relationship, even if it was short lived and they became friends and I think F loves to tease A so I donā€™T see a problem on that site

2 Likes

They werenā€™t ever actually in a relationshipā€“I donā€™t have a source (its been mentioned in a few asks on Seraā€™s tumblr though) but what happened was that M flirted with F, and F was interested until they figured out that M only wanted to be physical, at which point F put a stop to it. So there was some reciprocated flirting but nothing more than that

20 Likes

You are 100% correct. F and M were never in a relationship.

6 Likes

ok, replace ā€œshortā€ in my text with ā€œalmost hadā€, but if anyone in the team whould have a problem with F in the Team, that would be A, for obvious reasons. Maybe it is part of the time N mentioned shortly for the detective, which was so vague, you could make many assumption of how the group was before the MC showed uo, and then thinkl about how the group looked like without F, with only N being a light in this team!

1 Like

I believe it was because she thought the team needed a fresh perspective and wanted F to function as a kind of ā€œheartā€ for the team. Give me a sec and Iā€™ll find the ask.

EDIT: Here it is!

11 Likes

Okay, so we already knew M wouldnā€™t have feelings until near the end, but they have no interest at all for several books, either?

And we have to wait for several books to get any action because now itā€™s all ā€œlong gameā€ per Mā€™s POV?

Is there anything at all to give this RO any worth, at this point, other than holding our noses and suffering through five books before we get anything other than a tiny bit of flirting mixed in with cold apathy?

1 Like

you say that now but when that damn scene with M at the end happenā€¦youā€™ll be screaming ow mah ears bleeding and everyone else will be resentefulā€¦:sweat_smile:

I would say that M romance seem like Insanity level lol you go from hardā€¦woofā€¦that almost killed me toā€¦OMG! IM DEAD?! I DIDNT EVEN SWING ONCE! kinda of thingā€¦:rofl:

1 Like

At the end of book 7, you mean? Hell, I may be dead by then, lol.

I think the thing with M is, I saw it as a romance that would go from a physical thing (for those who were into it and those who werenā€™t would get M trying constantly, at least) to actual feelings, but if you canā€™t even get the physical thing for a long time (judging from Mā€™s comment about it being a long game in the demo and Seraā€™s love of never-ending interruptions), and M literally could not give less of a shit about the MC until near the end, then thereā€™s nothing to build on.

We recently were playing on discord with personality types and I was reminded that M is an ISTP, which are very physical people (and it fits them), but all of a sudden itā€™s going to take forever to get that? With A, you get instalove with resistance. With N, you get flowers and hearts and crap. With F, you get instalike with fun. With M? Action was promised and without it, thereā€™s no interest. Not seeing an actual path to anything here.

3 Likes

there would beā€¦alot of teasingā€¦?

Burnout due to sexual frustrationā€¦:rofl:

maybe they are eunuch ? :sweat_smile:

Yeah, the teasing crap can only work for so long before it gets old (ditto for interruptions). The burnout would totally happen. The MC I have with M would honestly get to the point where sheā€™s like, ā€œFuck this noise, youā€™re all talk and no action.ā€ And just give up.

Of course, giving up is not an option in the game, so sheā€™ll just have to suffer through it, and likely become cold and detached. Should be real funā€¦ :expressionless:

4 Likes

then your only hopeā€¦is to do the others romanceā€¦and when M finally get somethingā€¦play it in one goā€¦so you donā€™t suffer muchā€¦with the waiting.

This is just my opinion, but part of what makes M ā€œworth itā€ is that theyā€™re just really interesting to interact with! Sure, thereā€™s been nothing romantic about these interactions so far, but Mā€™s route gives you the chance to explore a different dynamic than the ones you might have with the other three ROs, whose scenes tend towards the overtly romantic. Theyā€™re a wild-card. We donā€™t really know how things are going to progress with them, and thatā€™s part of the fun.

3 Likes

You misunderstand. For the MC I have with M, I donā€™t want romance. I want what was promisedā€“a FwB arrangement or at least a one-nighter and then nothing until much later and they can just be assholes to each other till then. Yet, in the demo, it seems even that wonā€™t happen for a long time (due to the ā€˜long gameā€™ comment from M and Seraā€™s love of delaying any physical contact indefinitely).

Hell, my MC is assuming itā€™s gonna be a one-time thingā€“bang Mason and heā€™s gone after thatā€“and is fine with that. She expects it and accepts it (and when he comes back for more, assuming he does, sheā€™ll be shocked and pleased).

Feelings? Sheā€™s not interested and doesnā€™t think she can have them, so a ā€˜romanceā€™ in the way one would happen with N or F (or even A with their instant love and denial thing) doesnā€™t interest her in the least. But she expects what was promised, which is getting M in bed first opportunity (or even starting out making out, but immediately since thereā€™s nothing keeping them from having a meaningless makeout session or sex, for that matter).

So M having no interest in her besides that is no problemā€¦ until she realizes she has to wait months or years (or however long Sera decides we have to wait) to even get that much. If the only thing M has to offer at this pointā€“sexā€“is dragged out indefinitely, knowing that the feels are as well (and with M not even giving a shit about the MC as a friend to get to know them), there is literally nothing offered in this path until the end, and itā€™s the only path like that.

5 Likes

you could ask seraā€¦for make out or sleeping with M before the end of the books ? I meanā€¦if they are the kind of character that are more physical then emotionalā€¦there is no rules or shouldnt be hesitation right?

1 Like

There shouldnā€™t be. And I mean way before the end of the books. Thereā€™s literally nothing that should stop either of them from doing as they please physically in book 2. Itā€™s all M is interested in, so if the MC is good to go, why not go? Having to wait until near the end or when M actually catches a feeling (which is right near the end) is a bit pointless. And ruins the entire romance, since itā€™s put forth as a meaningless fling that doesnā€™t need anything other than time and a desire to go for it.

And Iā€™ve asked but received no answer.

4 Likes

humā€¦canā€™t speak for the authorā€¦but maybe they just donā€™t wanna spoil it ?

from memorieā€¦the few characters like that Iā€™ve seen in video games, the 1st time mean nothing lol and the 2nd timeā€¦hook-and-sink kinda of thing :sweat_smile:

though without having said books, its premature to say ā€˜Iā€™m not getting anything till book #Somethingā€™ā€™ .

6 Likes