The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

so…anyone wanna ask this question for meh?

why 4 vampires…since the story seem to includes others species . Why didnt we get…I dunno…demon or something ? Like M…could be a succubus :rofl:

I think it was because when Sera was making this story it was the height of vampires in media (ie, Twilight, Vampire Diaries, etc)? I’ll double check, but if anyone wants to correct me feel free to do so!

2 Likes

That is correct. She answered this is an ask already, but it was a long time ago.

5 Likes

Dang, poor M.
Poor adorable M.

5 Likes

What was your highest stat you ever got with one character in one playthorugh?
I got SOMEHOW in my last playthrough
People: 20%
Combat:15%
Science:60%
Deduction:59%
Am I the only one how thinks that this is a little bit high for the first book? Seriously, I think that is slightly absurd high.

1 Like

This is for the most extreme of my characters:

People: 1%
Combat: 76%
Science/Technology: 47%
Deduction/Knowledge: 29%

I don’t think it’s too high, honestly. One problem I’ve always had with games is that you start the game as though you were living in a box your entire life and never did anything of use. Unless you’re suffering from amnesia or are recovering from a horrendous accident, it makes no sense for an established character to have no skills.

The way I see book 1 is that it establishes your character’s present skills (pre-UB) and gives them room to grow in other areas, as well as keep increasing your strongest skills.

My guess is that Sera will adjust the code somehow (like if a certain action would increase your combat skill by 5%, then if your combat is already >70 (or whatever amount) you may only get 1%. It wouldn’t be that hard to include that kind of adjustment in the code, or to cap it off for each book so you can only go so high by the end of book X.

8 Likes

1% people? Damn she has improved alot since last time

2 Likes

She uses fairmath, so the stats won’t always grow by leaps and bounds. I think @EvilChani has the right of it. You’re establishing your character. The nice thing about how she has this set up is that it allows your detective to grow or change, so no one will be stuck with combat or deduction or whatever if they want to switch.

5 Likes

Yeah, I did a final playthrough for her, now that I understand the character more and have written her a lot. Her skills changed (more deduction than previously, and pathetic people skills!) and her personality got more… difficult than in previous plays. Oddly, she got higher in team player, once she started liking UB. So that’s good, at least! :stuck_out_tongue:

THOSE PRIZE MACHINES ARE RIGGED I TELLS YA

I think a better way would be to use pheromones on the mechanic to convince them to open the machine and give the MC a prize :joy:

1 Like

Here are the end stats for my main playthrough:

People: 10%
Combat: 47%
Science/Technology: 63%
Deduction/Knowledge: 71%

Since the game uses fairmath, stat increases will be smaller the higher your stats are. My Deduction and Science stats aren’t likely to grow much in the next game unless I exclusively choose the options that increase them.

For my character, Lucia :joy:

Unless the machine is so rigged, its anti-pheromone??? :thinking: But I honestly thought M would destroy the machine XD

I honestly think that’s way too much work for M lol. I think they’re the type to take the road of least effort, particularly for situations they don’t care too much about.

NOW if the MC had promised them a make-out sess if they could get the prize… then I can maybe see it. Or if we were back in the kissing booth scenario. As of right now I think that’s about the only leverage we have over M :smirk:

So the Angstaraptor is back at it again

Summary

So question: how would your MC, if turned—by force or by choice—use their immortal life?

6 Likes

All of MCs would probably learn something that they haven’t learn before. They would try every hobby ever existed in the world. :joy:

2 Likes

wasted eternity between the 2 most important task that will need MANY MANY LIFE TIME!

1- Smooche Ava and Nat :kissing_closed_eyes:
2- Convince ava and Nat to share meh

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes
Other than loving on the RO's? (Which all of them would do, of course.)

Emma: Become the best DAMN DETECTIVE THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN!!
She’d also spend a lot of time looking into cold cases, and learn everything she could about anything and everything supernatural. She’s got the time, after all.
She’d probably stick with the agency for the foreseeable future.

Cassandra: Read. Everything. Indulge herself in her hobbies, and acquire many more in the process. Maybe open an animal sanctuary at some point. She’s pretty happy to live her life slowly, so I think she’d honestly be pretty down for the whole eternal life thing.

Hayden: Do some balls to the wall batshit crazy daredevil shit. When she inevitably got bored, she’d probably just travel. I see her coping the worst with it, due to a mixture of boredom and the lack of stakes. (lol) She enjoys getting up to dangerous things that get her blood pumping, and since she’d pretty much be immortal…it’d take away the thrill.

On a more serious note, she’s always wanted to have a bunch of kids, and she would not put herself through that if, say, they weren’t immortal as well. Also, watching the people around her get old and die would weigh her down more so than the other two. (Though Emma’d be a close second on that one.)

6 Likes

Has anyone been able to have the team see her as part of the team, not just like they’d "worked their way into the team’s lives without them realizing it ? I got both and don’t know how

I honestly love reading these angst. They’re my fuel for making my own angst now HAHAHHAA! As I cry over each painful sting those words give

My detective's immortal life

Knowing Lucia, she would be spending her immortal life as a detective still, solving old-age cases and exercising her mind vigorously. After all, she never liked unfinished crimes.

But on a more hobby-styled note, she would have a big ass notebook to record every supernatural, like an encyclopedia, just because she’s fascinated by this new world. In short, she’s going to be that one sponge for every odd knowledge she could discover.

On the UB side, she’ll be with them much like a family addition and being Mason’s wife, mwahahaha! and might end up being the second mom of the vampire family XD

4 Likes

Yes! I have no idea how though…I think I only got it when romancing A.

1 Like