The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

Happy Cakeday, Sera! Wish you a smashing Birthday and here’s to many more to come! :partying_face:

semi-gracefully downs a shot

6 Likes

happy birthday sera!!!:tada::cake: my spirit will be rejoicing this day alongside you :ghost:
have an amazing day today~

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind birthday wishes, guys!! <3

On topic, managed to get a major prep thing for Chapter 7 completely finished yesterday so yay!!! Gonna really be able to just dive into writing in January!

36 Likes

You deserve a well-celebrated Christmas break! Get some rest! Drink some tea! AND MAKE SURE NOT TO CATCH A COLD/FEVER!

lowkey think this is you @Seraphinite

4 Likes

Haaaaaaaaaaaappy Birthday. :clown_face:

4 Likes

Happy birthday, @Seraphinite! Best wishes for the writing too, I’m excited just hearing about it :smiley:

4 Likes

Happy birthday Sera! It’s been a couple of years since following you and honestly your writing keeps getting better and better! I hope you have a great time today especially and very excited to see where your writing leads to next

4 Likes

If you excuse me, I’m gonna suffocate myself with my pillow or contained fan scream because Sera is the best fucking being to ever born/be created/exist and nothing shall ever compare to this awkward, sweet goddess of angsty slowburns :boom: :heartpulse:

18 Likes

M would actually be very happy to have the MC sit in their lap or even sit on the MC’s lap, especially later in the romance (and, shock horror, not even would there be a sexual comment in sight much, much later in the romance ;D).

I propose that sitting on M’s lap is now the test for how deep into the relationship you are with them. If you do and they don’t immediately start being lewd then Congratulations~! :sparkles: You have reached Deep Romance with M~!

edit: also a good excuse to sit on M’s lap!

27 Likes

I am pretty much looking forward to this. I am so excited!

2 Likes

@Mewsly and @resuri08

I feel like I’m gonna cry just from reading that part cuz now I have this headcannon of the detective reading a book and snuggling against M on their lap (or M on the detective’s lap) and just being such a comfortable duo and loving each other’s presencendnasjdnaskdnasndak <3

Not to mention the fact I have been wrecking my brain over this Christmas fluff I have for Mason and these asks are killing me slowly with more fluff opportunities GFDI

5 Likes

Happy Birthday @Seraphinite :tada::birthday::tada:

4 Likes

A H H H H H H H H
TFY
@Seraphinite deserves an infinite amount of pastries, happy birthday!!!

5 Likes

Happy birthday, @Seraphinite!! :birthday::sparkler:

As for those two asks… OMG. I love the lap one, but this…

But yeah, very much deeper into the romance, they probably would. M would enjoy knowing there was a little piece of them with the MC always.

That just killed me, but I died happy. :heart:

12 Likes

Oh my goddddd happy birthday @Seraphinite! I hope it’s full of tea and fun :heart:

2 Likes

I know I’m late but still…

:confetti_ball:HAPPY BIRTHDAY @Seraphinite!!! :confetti_ball:
Hope you had a wonderful day!

3 Likes

Super late to this discussion. I’m not a big fan of this either. I feel like all my MCs would probably have enough confidence in their relationship that they wouldn’t worry about UB talking to other people (Maybe Luca and only if Morgan was really pushing it, even then he’d just sulk about it and feel inadequate.)

But I do have one exception for this trope. If at any point the RO was clearly uncomfortable with the advances, including unwanted touching, then they’d get the ‘Back Off’.

Emma and Nate

Emma would insert herself in between the two and the person would get the ‘death stare’ that she saves for very special occasions. Otherwise would seem calm and would probably ask if Nate wanted get some air with her to give him a way out of the situation with minimal aggression.

Adam and Alice

On the off chance that Adam wasn’t completely oblivious or unable to handle it himself (maybe out of fear of hurting the person if they were human) Alice would physically remove them from Adam’s space although with some restraint considering they value their job. Would try to control their temper by throwing in a sarcastic joke or something.

Savannah and Felix

Finally created a character for Felix who is very unemotional and about as oblivious as A at times lol. She’d notice if someone was annoying Felix though and would probably just deadpan tell the person ‘He’s mine. Go away.’ while giving a little shooing motion.

Morgan and Luca

I don’t know how this would even work considering M is M, so it’d likely just be Luca trying to calm and mediate the situation away from violence lol.

Happy Birthday, @Seraphinite!!

5 Likes

Hopefully this will make my fellow A and M romancers feel a little bit better!

13 Likes

I really can’t understand why people assume that just because A and M are slow burns, we will get less romance scenes because of it to be honest.

I have already said my view over Tumblr about this but in my perspective, romance are not limited to kissing or saying I love you with each other. Romance, for me, are getting to know the RO, their habits and quirks, their fear and dreams whether they are in a relationship or not.

23 Likes

I thought the author confirmed that A’s route was a slow burn and we most likely won’t get as many kiss , hold handing, I love you scenes like with the rest of the ros except for M’s?
Unless I read your comment wrong, idk.

1 Like