The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

Currently listening to the Illuminate album by Shawn Mendes, which was part of M’s playlist teased by Sera. I have to say that album screams M’s route!! I can’t wait to see A’s list soon!!

6 Likes

Just listened to it, too, and enjoyed it. There were a few downer songs, but most were really good. Which songs did you find most fitting?

Not digging Alter Bridge’s Foretress for M’s path, though, and wondering which songs fit it. With the exception of Cry of Achilles (which is strangely hopeful) and All Ends Well, all of the songs are about betrayal, pain, and walking out. Maybe it’s for book 5? (if it wasn’t rainy and cold, I’d totally go driving to this whole CD in the mountains, at night… it was just meant to fly to, with the windows down!)

I’ll have to listen to End of Silence and figure out which songs she meant for M. I know Lost in You, but don’t know if that’s one of the songs Sera had in mind for M or not. I don’t know what that other CD is!

2 Likes

So guys, I was thinking as to why M doesn’t speak Greek despise them being from Greece. And I was thinking… Do you think maybe they were mute when they were human? Or maybe they were a slave, and they had their tongue cut off :o oh, the drama.

I just really throws me off how they have a Greek accent but don’t speak any Greek…

4 Likes

Maybe its more like they forgot the language. I’m guessing maybe, after they were turned into a vampire, they don’t have a recollection of how they were as a human, just only that they were once. In short: A price for vampirism is the memories?

Unless M just forgot the language altogether from centuries of living as a vamp XD

1 Like

Nice idea,
I personally would suggest, that her/his parents were Greek, but after they moved the country and had M, they never taught them actual Greek, but M still picked up the accent of their parents.

8 Likes

Oh that is a good idea, and much less dramatic that mine :joy:

Some times is hard to separate drama from vampires lol.

1 Like

Just for fun:
We know there are people in the agency, who have a crush on the member of UB (for obvious reason)
How would your detective react to someone, who tries to flirt with the LI while they stand right besides them?
My detectiv would on the outside, be trying to be friendly, Emphasis on “trying”, but would end up being sarcastic as heck.
But on the inside my MC would scream:"STAY AWAY FROM AVA OR I WILL SHOOT YOU TOO!
P.S.: He is also the shy one in the romance :blush:

3 Likes

just unleash Bobby…on them . A reporter and paparazzi…muahaahahaha…mayhem !

1 Like

It would depend on what stage they are. If MC and UB RO are already in a relationship, then she would laugh, hard. She would be looking at her RO with tears in her eyes from laughing, specially if is A, the discomfort would be priceless. If it was N or F, she would just be thinking, “owww, poor thing, I don’t blame you pal, who wouldn’t fall head over heels for this cutie pie.” If it was M, then she would be looking at him side eyed while trying to hide a smile.

Now. If it was on the crushing stage, all of my MC’s would probably get angsty, because they don’t think they have any right to visibly react in any way, and would be kind of =/ without commenting on it. Depending on the answer of the RO, then they would either forget about it or talk to them later on.

13 Likes

too much logic in there…error 404!!! :rofl:

1 Like

Sweet lord, I had been thinking about this all f-cking day, I’M NOT PREPARED

If this is friend-stage, then she would be watching carefully on the UB’s reactions to such flirtation (She has Deduction and Psychology). If she sees them unconfortable (A), she would try to give them a gateway to escape (try being a hard word if the admirer is persistent lol). If UB was enjoying the attention or know how to deal with such things, she would probably leave them alone.

In the crushing stage, however, (M, you can see how unlucky in love this detective is XD), she would end up biting back her tongue and try to look away, sometimes crossing her arms and digging her nails into the sleeves of her coat or jacket to have self-control whilst chiding herself for being needy again, not wanting to bother her LI by being clingy.

If her crush ends up blowing the admirer off tho and ended up staying with the MC or at least didn’t show much interest in the admirer, she’ll be relieved and start relaxing, sweeping away the last bit of that green gremlin in her.

(Still working out my MC, I cri)

1 Like

Ohh thats a fun question.

Though it does depend on the stage of their relationship. In the crushing stage my M-mancer Samir would probably just try to ignore it, though he would be pretty surprised if Mason didn’t return the flirting. In the relationship… Well, I don’t think thats going to really be a problem, from what we’ve heard I don’t think M would really encourage any flirting once they’re in a committed relationship with the MC. If anything Samir is gonna have to try to keep Mason from being too mean.

Rin would probably be pretty hurt during the crushing stage but try not to show it. F seems to be naturally overly friendly to the point it can be kind of flirty so if it seems like Felix is being flirty back she might be a bit upset. Once they’re dating and she knows thats just how Felix is I think she wouldn’t really care too much… Unless the other person is pushy, then she might have to get a bit scary on them.

Orianna… I mean no matter what she would just join in and gush with them over how good-looking Adam is. Anything to get him flustered.

6 Likes

Going with early stage…because that’s where we’re at currently.
Emma (Ava): She’d try to act like she didn’t care, or wasn’t paying attention, but likely wouldn’t be able to keep from frowning.
Cassandra (Nat): She’d be a bit hurt, but she wouldn’t interfere, Nat does seem to like her afterall.
Hayden (Morgan): She’d be amused by it, and probably flirt with M as well. (She’d start to get annoyed if the person kept it up though, as which point she’d just leave. :neutral_face: Her and M aren’t an item or anything, so if they want to mess around so be it.) (Further in you bet she’d drag M into a makeout session, other person be damned.)

4 Likes

This question was more difficult to answer for two of my detectives than it should’ve been! For them (Wolfe and Dezh), I had to write it out to see what they’d do. I was surprised…

Flirting/dating stage

Jax (Felix): She would literally not notice. She’d start joking around with the one doing the flirting and be oblivious to it. She’s really trusting and kinda overlooks stuff like.

Nyx (Adam): She’d laugh her ass off. If she’s feeling particularly troublesome, she’d point out to Adam, right in front of the person, that they’re hitting on him, embarrassing both Adam and the flirter. If she’s in a bad mood, she might tell the flirter that they’d get better results throwing their clothes off and jumping on Adam full force, so why don’t they try that, instead?

Wolfe (Nate): She would just fall silent and get withdrawn. If the person continued flirting with Nate, she’d make up some excuse about why she had to leave and haul ass out of there ASAP.

Dezh (Mason): Just gonna assume there’s no ‘dating’ phase with Mason here, since I’m not sure there will be in the game–so just this would be for the flirting or banging stage. If someone started flirting with Mason in front of her, she’d roll her eyes, glare daggers at them both (and she has scary dagger looks), and leave without a word to either the flirter or Mason, because she’d assume he’d be wanting to bang the person that night.

Relationship Stage

Wolfe (Nate): In a relationship with Nate, she’d still be uncomfortable and somewhat insecure about it, but would try to just stand there and not react. Once they got away from the flirter, Wolfe would be very quiet for a long while, fearing that Nate might be interested in the person and, if not, recognize she’s jealous and insecure (and then worry about what she’d say if he asked about it).

Dezh (Mason): In a relationship (assuming that, for there to be a relationship, it’s obvious to her that Mason loves her and has made it clear he’s “not going anywhere”), then there are two possibilities, depending on her mood.

In a more relaxed mood, she’d just move closer to Mason and touch him/lean against him/something similar and snort in disdain at the person flirting with him. She wouldn’t even be jealous, since she knows Mason’s with her.

In a more hostile mood, she’d tolerate it for a very short time, but if it didn’t stop, she’d ask Mason to give her a moment to speak to the person. Whether or not Mason agreed, Dezh would nicely (lol) tell the person to shove off, unless they’d like to be eating out of a tube the rest of their lives.

Nyx and Jax would behave the exact same way, relationship or not.

5 Likes

Out of all my MCs, Teresa would probably be the jealous type. She has her insecurities:her mood swings and Nate being the first person she ever dated. After all, Nate tend to be polite with everyone.

As for Alexa, she will probably find it amusing someone would flirt with Adam and fail. Would probably tease Adam about it in the latter date.

As for Mason, I am unsure. Sera did mention that Mason will stop hitting on anyone regardless if it’s on the crush stage or in a relationship. Mason is quite direct though so I wouldn’t be surprise if he directly say to the person to leave him alone. :joy:

10 Likes

did you call me? lol

I know right ? one of my mc would be like that…she go Totally bipolére LOL why do you have to be chaaaaaaaaaarming with everyone Natkins LOL remember that scene at the bar in book 1 ???

Summary

tina smile in a goofy way and droole as Nat help her to a cab
mc eyes twitch

author: you feel totally zen as Nat help your poor poor drunk friend to a cab , you feel a sense of relief knowing she is in good hand , you are so thank-…
mc: NOT I’M NOT!!! I WANNATRIPHER FORTAKINGNATFORTHOSEFEWSECYESIMVERYSELFISHANDINCOHERENTWAHHHHH

:rofl:

6 Likes

Oh hmmm

i shoved this under a read more bc i thought it was too long

Sienna (Nate) wouldn’t interfere no matter what stage it was in. If it was the crushing stage, she’d probably just watch from the sidelines to see how Nate reacts because she thinks all the chemistry between them is in her head anyways (she hyperfocuses on the part where UB is there for her protection so to her it’s all professional.) So she’d be bummed out, but she’d be bumped out regardless. If they were dating, still no interference, but she’d understand why the other person was flirting. Nate’s too good looking for his own good. But she’d leave the room for her peace of mind.

Angela doesn’t get jealous, so either stage crushing or flirting she’d let Adam handle it. If anything, she’d probably keep an eye out just to see if their tactics worked and see if she should try them out (though if she did, it wouldn’t work because the way she talks is so straight forward).

Rido (Felix) would be fine during the crushing stages, and if anything join in to boost Felix’s ego even more lmao. Rido won’t pass an opportunity to give out compliments. When they’re dating, he’d be antsier just because he has issues with connecting to people on a personal level, but he wouldn’t really do much other than maybe give a look that he’s uncomfortable with the direction of the conversation.

Blaire would probably roll his eyes if he saw someone flirt with Mason infront of him, and then shrug. During the crushing stage, he’d just let the flirting roll off him. It wouldn’t be a surprise to him to see people flirt with Mason and knowing all of UB is too goodlooking for their own good, he’d half expect someone to try and flirt with them at some point. During the dating stages, I think he’d just shrug it off and feel mildly bad for the person flirting. He has enough trust in Mason to know the other wouldn’t do anything, so it’d mostly be an internal ‘stop before you embarrass yourself pls, I’m dying watching this trainwreck.’

8 Likes

I think there was an ask on the authors Tumblr about What would Ub do if someone was flirting with them and the mc looking jealous from afar, I think for M, M didn’t encourage the flirting but also didn’t reject them.I think it was only N who rejected the person, A was too dense to notice anything and I don’t remember F answer.
But it’s ironic because, in a few other asks, M was the first one out of all to get jealous.Lol Great way to be an asshole, M. (I’ll try to find the asks)
These technically aren’t it but there the main ones I could find(idk why the first one won’t show up Edit: Nevermind) :

6 Likes

(Assuming we’re talking closer to the crush stage) (Got a little too big, so putting them under details)

Lucas/Nat--they're both adults

Lucas (Nat) would… probably feel a little envious. They aren’t officially a couple, but the feelings are, if nothing else, sort of out in the open. He would try his best to sit back and observe; they’re both adults, right? If the other guy did try to do anything stupid, he’d step in and warn him off gently but firmly.

Lucas/Ava--falling in love with a defrosting ice queen is never easy

Lucas (Ava) would be stuck in two competing feelings. On the one hand, he hasn’t exactly been open about his feelings, although he is honest with how much he enjoys being around Ava. The L word is a complete non-starter at this point; he’s no fool, and (assumes he) knows it won’t work with her. On the other hand, his unconscious feelings didn’t quite get the memo. So, a lot of confused envy blended with self-doubt, unless she was open about the other guy backing off.

Renard/Farah--More than willing to give this a try

Renard (Farah) would… It would be a bit much to say that he’d be better at it than A!Lucas, but there would be less envy in play. Definitely some questioning as to how Farah would handle this, but he’s sensing that there’s more to Farah than meets the eye. And he’s open about him liking… whatever this is they have going on. He’s more than willing to hear her out.

Eric/Morgan--the reformed hacker just can't get rid of some old habits

Eric (Morgan) would have difficulty swallowing feelings of frustration and envy, although Morgan becoming more focused on him would make things easier to deal with. He’s a little dubious about if this is going to work, but there’s some sort of bond that the two of them seem to have. He wants it to work out in the end.

3 Likes

I forgot about that ask. Thanks for the heads up. If that’s the case then, during the crushing stage, Lisbeth would probably not to get jealous outwardly since she knows that Mason only wants to get into her pants and feelings, she thought, would be one-sided. Yep, she would probably bottled it up all inside and not let it show it and probably try to distance herself from him and drown it all by working herself to death.

1 Like