The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

Well considering Rebecca didn’t even tell Unit Bravo she had a child I don’t think her having a spouse that is mysteriously gone or dead or presumed dead would have pop up either. Especially if he was gone before she became their handler.

I know Sera has said that we’ll dive into dad in Book 2 so she might have just held off on all of that so she could focus on the MC and Rebecca’s relationship in Book 1.

I DON’T KNOW BUT DAMN IT WOULD BE CRAZY!!

I mean I really think he is dead. That’s just my gut feeling but… I mean… Dad’s killer could also be Book 5’s villain…

6 Likes

Do we actually know how much the MC knows about their dad? It’s a mystery for the audience but it’s possible that’s information the MC already knows. (Or knows some of at least, depending on the level of supernatural involvement.)

6 Likes

Could… Could what happened to MC’s Dad be what F was referring to when Rebecca said they weren’t going to tell the MC and F asked “everything?”

15 Likes

You are right, I had not thought about it in that way… (*〇□〇)……!
Rebecca is such a secret hoarder… she is easily capable of keeping such facts for her child’s safety… All for the safety of her child… Oh dear, Rebecca is such a die-hard when it comes to that part of her life (meaning the mc). What a woman, so foolishly-distantly brave.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! MEWSLY WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME>>???

I had not thought of it… It had not occurred to me…
But surely not? Why would the Unit know about it, when they have barely known about the mc’s existence for more than a few weeks? I doubt that Rebecca would share more than was necessary for the Unit to know about and for their Mission. Rebecca is a secret hoarder, after all… Right?

6 Likes

That’s true… I mean, there is a chance they knew she was married but didn’t know they had a child together? But I don’t think F would want to poke at a wound like that with Rebecca… that would be too mean.

But… but what IS F referring to then?!

Edit: !!!

HMMMMMMMMMM

5 Likes

I don’t know and not knowing has been gnawing at my sanity ever since reading it for the first time ( -̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥᷄◞ω◟-̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥᷅ )

The only things I have come up with since is:

• the Agency’s history
  • the Agency’s resources (like where comes the blood from?! Where do they get the food for their Agents?!)
  • how have they stayed secret all this time
  • the Agency’a bureaucracy
    All those kinds of things.

‘Hmmmmmmm’, indeed!?!?! ۹(ÒہÓ)۶

Edit+ :
Now that Rebecca is on the discussion table. I look really forward to more moments with her. She is being so full of secrets, I want to untangle it all and get to the bottom of this drama of a family.

7 Likes

Okay, okay.

The MC’s father won’t be an antagonist, no.

Phew. Dad ain’t evil.

BUT HIS KILLER IS STILL ON THE TABLE.

—————

I don’t think we know how much the MC knows? Especially not officially. We know the MC knows him enough to have an opinion on him tho!

——————

Look, look, look. … I love Rebecca, okay. I can’t wait for more Rebecca in Wayhaven. I really want to learn more about her

11 Likes

N: Jumping to conclusions won’t help the investiga-
F: GET THE TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!

tumblr_nkli9hWfsL1s2a1gzo1_500
You are (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧ ← (made of sparkles)

10 Likes

Im using this from now on.

2 Likes

M has trouble knowing what they’re feeling at times, especially when it’s intense.

M: has a feel

M: …

M: what the hell?

19 Likes

lmao, that’d mean Rebecca has trash taste in villainous men, just like Charlotte

That said, I always love the villainous parent route, idk why.

oh wait, nvm lol

who%20the%20fuck%20authorized%20this%20emotion

18 Likes

This ask actually had me laughing a lot because M is tiny me, basically. When I was a little girl I would cry out of pure frustration :joy:

4 Likes

N is usually a good person for these situations to help M work it out…

N is such a good friend though??

————

M: I think I’m angry.

N: looks up from book Oh! Really?

M: Yeah. I’m like… warm and don’t hate the idea of just sitting around.

N: … M, I think you’re happy.

M: … nah, that can’t be right

27 Likes

I’m so disappointed that vampires don’t need glasses, because let’s be real, N would totally rock reading glasses and squint real hard to see things on the page adorable, amazing, i love them so much.

13 Likes

No one says they can’t get glasses without a prescribed glass… If we know something about N is that they like the aesthetics.

11 Likes

Oh, gosh, that’s adorable tho!

Now I just imagine M crying when they have weird feelings.

IMAGINE THEM CRYING BECAUSE OF THEIR LOVE FOR THE MC!

———

N should 100% just wear glasses for the aesthetic~~ :sparkles:

10 Likes

Jesus christ I feel so called out right now because I do this more than a few timesfuck!

8 Likes

I knew there was a reason why M draws me in and I identify with them so much–when I was little I cried out of frustration a lot. As an adult, I much prefer anger to other emotions because it’s easier to deal with and work out, and if something does make me cry, I get pissed off about it and want to break shit.

It makes me wonder, though, if M could have feelings for the MC way before they realize it.

M: Shit, the detective is doing stupid shit again. I’m going to stop them. What an idiot.
F: Wait, you actually care?
M, scoffing: No, I just don’t feel like having to explain to Rebecca that we let her idiotic kid get themselves killed. rushes off to protect MC
N, shaking head: Perhaps we should explain to M that they care for the MC…
F, giggling: Not yet. Wait till they’re in too deep to run away.

As for the Rebecca and dad stuff… I’m torn. I don’t like Rebecca, but I am curious about her relationship with the dad. I think, in a way, I’d prefer if the MC never had a chance to meet the dad, or was ridiculously young when something happened to him, so the MC didn’t really know him growing up. Even better if the MC doesn’t know the truth about it and finds out in the series–so we can see how that affects the MC’s relationship with Rebecca (seriously, it can’t get worse for one of my MCs, so that’d be interesting).

11 Likes

This is so gonna happen in the books. We already get some glimpses of it on book 2 demo, like M thinking “time to cut off on smoking now that the Detective is around again”.

If you asked them they would probably be like “pf, if I don’t stop smoking as much N won’t stop pestering me :roll_eyes:” , but we all know the truth M, all but you

10 Likes

M: I like being around MC.

F: You like them!

M: Even if we’re not having sex.

F: You like them!!

M: I wonder why…

F: YOU LIKE THEM!!!

M: Such a mystery.

31 Likes