The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

I like this far more than you probably thought.
It would be so cool to have F (or any other vampire, really) come forward and point something out to the mc that grates on their nerves!

Just envision this…
MC: walks into the living room whilst popping the joints of her wrists and knuckles
F: stiffens in their seat, their attention no longer at the object in their hands
MC: continues popping joints without being aware of anything as they sit down in the couch
F: eyes are glued to the mc’s hands Could you please try to not do that…
MC: Not do what?
F: motions to the hands That…?
MC: Oh… But it is kind of a habit… I do it without thinking…
F: Well… I don’t like it. I hear how each of your bones and whatnot are griding together, hear every creak and all I see is your fingers brea-
MC: Alright, alright, alright! No need to get into detail. I will not do it around you, okay?
F: Thanks, MC.
Two dozen seconds later
MC: unaware of popping joints once more whilst reading a rapport for work
F: STOP BREAKING YOUR FINGERS!?!

Yep, I would totally be down for that. Give me an agitated F and M <333

25 Likes

I love this sort of stuff in a story. Most romances only focus on the beginning and all the gooey, mushy stuff. I like that but I also like the meat of the relationship. Love so strong that even when you’re not blinded by infatuation anymore, you still can’t imagine leaving your partner. You have arguments, find you don’t love everything about them, and you make each other better or see the good in those not so great aspects. Like with N, their overprotectiveness might be annoying but it comes from a place of love and fear of losing their soulmate. Part of a relationship is learning how to deal with that sort of thing.

When it comes to my MCs, Adam and Alice will have little arguments all the time but they will probably be the healthiest. There’s no holding back with Alice. If something annoys her, she’ll point it out.

Emma and Nate have the potential for the largest fights. Emma keeps her head under most circumstances and tries to be mature. She’ll hold back her true thoughts if she thinks they’ll hurt Nate. However, when that’s pushed over the line (like Nate acting destructive to protect her) she will explode. It would not be pretty.

Luka wouldn’t fight, just sulk a lot. If Morgan said something that hurt him, he’d probably curl up into a ball and cut himself off from others. So yeah, neither Emma or Luka deal well with conflict. It comes from a place of love and empathy for others but sometimes you need to air your little grievances before they grow into one giant ball of rage and pain.

6 Likes

This has me laughing way too loud, well done L_M :joy:

5 Likes

BAM!

I could not have said it any better.

ヽ(´ω`○)ノ.+゚*。:゚+ thank you for telling me (ノ^ヮ^)ノ*:・゚✧

5 Likes

That would be cool. But like Sera said, N & F are the only real options for it, since they’re the only real relationships. You really don’t see much to argue with F about? Even Jax, who is with him and the most laid back of all my MCs, gets annoyed with him insulting everything she has. “I can’t afford a new car, F!! If you want to buy me one, go for it, otherwise shut up about it!” And Jax is a total slob, lol. Felix is welcome to clean up if it bothers him, though. And she just might start throwing stuff in closets and under beds so it doesn’t look quite as messy.

Arguing with A is one of my favorite pastimes for all paths, though, like you said that’s just mission stuff. I do like the MC I have with him, though, because she’s bold as hell and likes getting him to crack a smile with it. But I could see her getting fed up with his repressed shit at some point, too, and snapping his head off, if that is an option.

As for M, since there’s no real relationship till the end, so what’s there to fight about? The only possible fight I can see having with M is: “If you want to go bang the nurse you’re ogling, go bang the nurse, because you aren’t getting it from me anymore if all you do is check out everyone else while you’re standing here with me!” The M romance might actually be easier for MCs who don’t have sex with them, I suppose. There might actually be some warmth there, or a hint of M caring past getting some instead or just hot emotionless sex with M running for the door as soon as they get off. But my MC wants to smash first chance she gets, so that’s that.

I do wonder how it’ll happen with M coming back for more. I’d love if the MC got an option of pointing out that they didn’t think they came back a second time and figured M would be on to their next target–mainly because I’d love to see M’s response to that.

That’d be cute with N and F. N would feel bad, I’m sure, for whatever they did to irk the MC (and somehow make the MC feel bad for getting mad to begin with). And F would be cute if they were trying to make up to the MC after the MC got pissed at them.

Lol. Since there’s no relationship till the end, I imagine any discussion before that with M will not end well at all, since they repeatedly tell the MC they’re just in it to try to get in the MC’s pants.

Will the MC have anyone in UB playing wingman for them, so to speak? Someone to help (especially in M & A’s paths, since they’re the worst)? I saw the ask about F picking on UB members about the MC, and that they wouldn’t do that to A. With N, it doesn’t matter (N likes the MC and will just ignore F or calmly respond to it), but with M, it could be problematic. If F just rags on M about seeming to like the MC, M might just stay away to prove a point, right (or do like in the patrol scene where M shoves the MC away and says right in front of the MC that they only want sex and can barely manage any interest in that)? So F wouldn’t be helping the MC at all in that and would just be dooming the MC’s chances (and causing it to drag out even longer). In which case, my M-romancing detective might start wanting to stab F with a stake once it starts interfering with her being able to get some (she’s not deluded enough to believe M would actually give a damn about her–her pessimist score is off the charts).

Oh God, poor Luka. He’d better toughen up or he’ll have a world of misery coming till book 6 or whenever M actually decides they care about the MC. Until that happens, I can’t see M giving a crap (or even noticing) if they hurt the MC, since Sera said they rarely pay attention to anything like that. Who’s Luka’s best friend outside the LI? Hopefully, he’d talk to them!

3 Likes

Haha, we’ll see if future events change things but he’s pretty stuck in his emotional ways. He’s actually very likeable because he’s a great listener and friendly towards almost everyone. He knows when to reach out and help someone when they need it or give them their space while providing passive support. But he doesn’t take his own advice. He still hasn’t recovered from Bobby’s betrayal for example. He trusts too much and he’s still afraid he’ll get hurt again.

The good thing is he has a lot of friends who can help (Tina, Verda, and he likes the rest of UB) but they would need to go to him and draw him out. And it would have to be something fairly devastating from Morgan because he lets most insults and words roll off him (though he might start secretly internalizing remarks that are repeated over and over).

4 Likes

Don’t spill my secerts to everyone, Sweetheart :smirk:

8 Likes

*Stage whispers * Your secret is safe with me, Mewsly-who-is-totally-not-M.

wink

FINALLY! A moment that I can use this lovely stolen gif ヽ(´ω`○)ノ.+゚*。:゚+

10 Likes

N, chanting: Don’t let F find out… Don’t let F find out… Don’t let F find out…

F, in a sing-song voice from the other room: Ohhhh, Natey/Natkins! /bursts into the room/ I hear someone’s been lying to themself.

N: /groans/

Hehehehe ;D

33 Likes

me @ F: d r a g   t h e m

13 Likes
F @ Every memeber of UB at some point

28 Likes

Lol, a spark in rumors about unit bravo as soon as F joined. I swear they make everything better :joy:.
I am so excited to find out what some of those rumors are. Like A and their 8 pack.

12 Likes

N trying to be all suave and mature for the Detective only for F to swing in and pull the curtain back is literally the best. You’re doing God’s work, F XD

9 Likes

So, if MCs parents aren’t divorced, is Rebecca a widow? Did MCs dad disappeared? What is going oooooon.

8 Likes

Meria … I think Dad is dead.

3 Likes

Yeah, I am starting to think the same, but in a world with supernatural stuff he could have gone missing as well… I just want to know, Measly :sob:

8 Likes

I’m just gonna say this now. If he is just missing and not dead he better have an awesome come back complete with sweeping Rebecca off her feet.

9 Likes

OR for our mc’s to have the opportunity to pretend he does not exist.
Because Satan knows how much I dislike parents that just abandoned their partners and children.
And that father of our mc better have a very good reason to have abandoned Rebecca the way he has, or oh my freaking fiddlesticks he is getting a piece of my mc’s mind if he so much as tries to contact the mc.

7 Likes

Well I would assume if he’s missing then it’s not so much he abandoned Rebecca and MC but something pretty bad must have happened or is happening to him :thinking:

Edit: REAL TALK WHAT IF HES BOOK 5 VILLIAN THO?!

13 Likes

But if that were the case would Rebecca not have… I don’t know. Said something? Would the mc not have known that their father had been gone and therefore made a mention somewhere in book One? During the introduction of Rebecca being the mc’s mother and about their relationships? With all the choices available about their mother-child relationship there had also been a possibility to put something like:
1# ‘I wonder where my dad is?’
2# ‘I have no interest in where my dad can be.’
3# ‘I hate my dad, even though it may not be his fault.’

MY MC WILL BE KICKING HIS ASS SO HARD IF THAT IS THE CASE! Then she would give him to the cops to keep him locked up for the rest of his life.
The family-drama would be sky-high if he were to be the villain. How would Rebecca react?!

2 Likes